• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Should we start a pool to see who will be last (of people who want it)? I put my money on me.

All the scuttlebutt right now is that if you start volunteering, they sometimes give left over doses to volunteers. I already have 2 volunteer jobs though!

I'm gonna go with me since PA is moving so slow and is moving everyone to 1A except grocery workers. lol

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
My first appt was for 2/18 with a 2nd scheduled for 3/18, but that huge snowstorm in the middle of the country stranded the vaccine in Nashville with Fed Ex not delivering. So, they rescheduled me for 2/21, but again the vaccine didn't arrive. I finally got my first vax 2/25. The computer system still says I got it 2/18 and so won't let me change the 3/18 appt, which would be too soon for Moderna. Sooo, I don't know when I'll be able to get the 2nd one...? :noidea: :hurt:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My first appt was for 2/18 with a 2nd scheduled for 3/18, but that huge snowstorm in the middle of the country stranded the vaccine in Nashville with Fed Ex not delivering. So, they rescheduled me for 2/21, but again the vaccine didn't arrive. I finally got my first vax 2/25. The computer system still says I got it 2/18 and so won't let me change the 3/18 appt, which would be too soon for Moderna. Sooo, I don't know when I'll be able to get the 2nd one...? :noidea: :hurt:

Most states have a phone number to call as well as being able to register online. I would call them and explain your problem. It is likely that you are not alone!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
There are at least 5 or 6 days worth of us affected. And it's Walgreens that I'm dealing with and they're saying they can't do anything until we're three days out, 3/22, but considering how late my day begins, I'm afraid times may not fit my work schedule...

The state site ~never~ communicated with me in any way!

newboots

Angel Diva
Vaccine #1 done. Cried tears of relief all the way home.

It's amazing (or not, really) how emotional it is! Waiting around, showing ID and papers, answering the same questions (that we all know by heart), and suddenly, you get a shot! And that's it! Your immunity will be building shortly! Made me want to sing.

Ideally gospel.

:yahoo::clap::beer:
:dancing:

Christy

Angel Diva
Man I wish I could get it. The Mariners will be allowing some fans in person, but I can't see doing that until I get the shot. This will be the first opening day we've missed in...20 years? 25?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Man I wish I could get it. The Mariners will be allowing some fans in person, but I can't see doing that until I get the shot. This will be the first opening day we've missed in...20 years? 25?

I feel your pain.. we had to miss all of the Patriots games this season and have season tickets. They didn’t allow any fans in our stadium at all. Though if there was a season to miss, it was this one for us post Tom Brady! Lol I think it would have been way more painful in person.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Supposedly PA is going to start seeing an increase in the J&J vaccines at the end of March forward, so they'll add other "essential" workers to the J&J vaccine pool along with teachers... first responders, grocery store workers, food/ag workers. We'll see; I'm not going to get too excited until I see more specifics as to how this is going to play out. The state is having so many issues vaccinating the rest of the 1A pool not getting the J&J vaccine, I'm not sure how they are planning to administer the J&J vaccine to the designated groups outside the normal distribution channels.

newboots

Angel Diva
It's all such a mystery, with every state for itself and every woman checking the internet constantly. I just had crazy good luck, checking my email moments after a new bunch of appointments opened up.

Good luck!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Finally got an appointment for the 1st Pfizer shot on 3/24.
YAY! I'm happy for you! I'm still waiting to get my 2nd appt since the first was rescheduled twice and the system still shows me getting the 2nd on the 18th which is too soon since I finally got the 1st...(Moderna)

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jackson Hole is getting vaccines into arms, including mine and many others in the area. An hour and a half away, they can't seem to even give it away with many open appointments going unfilled every week since Wal Mart starting administering it. The cultural, political, educational divide is sadly real and quite heartbreaking as the hospitals are again at capacity with rising case numbers in nearby communities.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Jackson Hole is getting vaccines into arms, including mine and many others in the area. An hour and a half away, they can't seem to even give it away with many open appointments going unfilled every week since Wal Mart starting administering it. The cultural, political, educational divide is sadly real and quite heartbreaking as the hospitals are again at capacity with rising case numbers in nearby communities.

Wow this is sad to hear!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga