• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

MissySki

Angel Diva
Am I crazy to want to be able to indoor dine? I’m thinking that, in warm weather with garage doors and windows open and good air circulation, it should be OK?

People have been doing it this whole time, so no not crazy, just differences in risk tolerance I think?

I AM so so looking forward to outdoor dining, that's my preference in warm weather anyway though. I love a view and/or being out near the water to eat/get drinks. Really excited for this as it warms up, I think that'll be a little while for what I really want to do though which is eating by the ocean. Needs to be much warmer.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
People have been doing it this whole time, so no not crazy, just differences in risk tolerance I think?

Yeah, that’s true. Of course that’s how my unvaccinated dad got COVID (and gave it to my mom too...)

I think my default for now will be to outdoor dine but there’s one restaurant I’m thinking of in particular that I want to go to. With the vaccine, I think it’ll be OK.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yeah, that’s true. Of course that’s how my unvaccinated dad got COVID (and gave it to my mom too...)

I think my default for now will be to outdoor dine but there’s one restaurant I’m thinking of in particular that I want to go to. With the vaccine, I think it’ll be OK.

I'm sure it will be just fine!

elemmac

Angel Diva
I would inquire about what that specific restaurant is doing at this point in time (or whenever you decide to go). I've been to some restaurants (mostly for take-out, but you still need to go in), and have been surprised by the minimal amount of tables they're actually serving. Some restaurants seem to be FAR exceeding the "6 foot rule". Also, going during off-hours can really minimize the number of people dining in the same room (e.g. have dinner at 4pm or lunch at 2pm).

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
@ilovepugs ... DH and I tried to outdoor dine for our anniversary last August, and got moved to indoors due to rain. It’s the only time we’ve eaten out in the pandemic, and the place had EVERY precaution in place. We just didn’t like it. Masks on every time waitstaff checked in made it a super clunky experience. But, without those precautions, I would have been anxious.

It’s a weird combo. :smile:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
@ilovepugs ... DH and I tried to outdoor dine for our anniversary last August, and got moved to indoors due to rain. It’s the only time we’ve eaten out in the pandemic, and the place had EVERY precaution in place. We just didn’t like it. Masks on every time waitstaff checked in made it a super clunky experience. But, without those precautions, I would have been anxious.

It’s a weird combo. :smile:

For a while last summer when there was virtually no covid in VT (ha ha...... not anymore!) we ate indoors at my favorite restaurant Hen of the Wood. They seated people far apart and had their big windows and doors open. I’m thinking with the vaccine that it’ll be equivalent in risk these days since all of our college students have decided to party with abandon...

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hubby has been vaccinated, but right now he is in the cardiac intensive care unit at Mass General. I am visiting daily. I will not take a chance on bringing the virus into his space. The grocery store pleasures I look forward to are not worth even a very small risk given my stress level. And the numbers are going up here in MA, both where I live and in Boston, so there's that.

oh no..... I can see why you are staying solitary for the moment. Best to you and your husband while you get past this.

newboots

Angel Diva
Thanks for asking! Really, not bad. I have a sore arm, and I've been cold all day. But I did ski this morning (I was FREEZING), and I managed that alright. But it could have been a lot worse.

Keep
The Tylenol nearby. My reaction was on day 3 or 4, depending on how you count them. Utter exhaustion and quite possibly a fever, although I didn’t have my thermometer at Jack Frost!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Keep
The Tylenol nearby. My reaction was on day 3 or 4, depending on how you count them. Utter exhaustion and quite possibly a fever, although I didn’t have my thermometer at Jack Frost!

Lord, I hope not. I'm traveling to Florida on Sunday to see my folks. My Dad is not doing well, so I can't afford to wait the two weeks.

newboots

Angel Diva
Lord, I hope not. I'm traveling to Florida on Sunday to see my folks. My Dad is not doing well, so I can't afford to wait the two weeks.

It’s probably unusual. I skied Saturday, daylight saving time, skied Sunday and was very suddenly unable to keep going.

Your dad has been in my thoughts throughout this nightmare. I’m glad you are able to go!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva

Sorry to hear your dad isn’t doing well. Safe travels to you, and best wishes to your father.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
So glad you are feeling okay post vaccine.
Safe travels to Florida.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Heading to the Natick Mall tonight for my 1st shot at 5:52 (I feel like I'm on military time!). I'm a little nervous since the shingles shot knocked both me and DH on our butts earlier this year. Wish me luck.

@liquidfeet - I hope your husband gets better soon.
@skidiva - well wishes to your dad.
I had no side effects the first time. Minor arm ache. Second shot was a whopper for me as was the second shingles shot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna