• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday; no pain or arm soreness until abut 8 hrs after the injection. Then my arm got a bit sore, and I started having generalized aches and joint pains, and very mild chills -- I took some Tylenol and Aleve. Still felt kinda crappy this AM, but took a hot shower and some more Tylenol, and laid down foe awhile. The symptoms gradually subsided during the day, and now I just have a headache. I'm sure I'll be fine by tomorrow.
As expected, I feel completely normal today.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got my first Moderna about 5 days ago and had a pretty brutal reaction to it: very sore arm (couldnt move it hardly for two days, still sore to the touch) and fever, aches, chills and nausea. I had covid about 2 months ago and saw some studies saying that its more likely to have that strong immune reaction after the first shot if you've already had it. I have my second scheduled in early May so fingers crossed the second one wont be that bad, I could barely get out of bed for two days!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I got my first Moderna about 5 days ago and had a pretty brutal reaction to it: very sore arm (couldnt move it hardly for two days, still sore to the touch) and fever, aches, chills and nausea. I had covid about 2 months ago and saw some studies saying that its more likely to have that strong immune reaction after the first shot if you've already had it. I have my second scheduled in early May so fingers crossed the second one wont be that bad, I could barely get out of bed for two days!
Wow -- sorry to hear that! I guess your immune system was primed and rarin' to go against the Covid virus!

MissySki

Angel Diva

Yikes!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow -- sorry to hear that! I guess your immune system was primed and rarin' to go against the Covid virus!

Yes, the upside is that I've also read that if you've had Covid and then only get the first shot you are almost at full immunity (although I will obviously still get the second shot, its good to know that there was a payoff for how terrible I felt!)

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I was perfectly fine with first shot, second shot knocked me out for two days.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
@Kimmyt... my SIL had COVID and then got shot 1 and had the same issue. Bonus? shot 2 was a nothing burger for her.

It's that booster effect that is getting us if we're gonna get got. :smile:

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Kimmyt... my SIL had COVID and then got shot 1 and had the same issue. Bonus? shot 2 was a nothing burger for her.

It's that booster effect that is getting us if we're gonna get got. :smile:

Good to hear that! I hadn't heardy any anecdotal evidence re the second shot in people who have had it, so i hope my case is similar to your SIL!

Christy

Angel Diva
Turns out the thing to do in WA is to head east of the mountains where appointments are going unfilled due to all the vaccine resistance. We are all eligible on April 15th so maybe that's the thing to try. Otherwise I'm sure it will be ages before I'm able to score an appointment locally.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Got my first vaccine dose about 6 hours ago. Super easy process. Walked in, signed some paperwork, they asked if my husband was registered for my plus one, and we were both vaccinated in under 10 minutes. 10 minute wait for observation (shopping for a few things I needed at Walgreens), and we were off. So far a mildly sore arm, but really nothing to write home about. Fingers are crossed no other side effects pop up over the next few days.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whine alert.

A day after I booked DH for his first shot, they changed eligibility and I became eligible too. Of course by then all slots were booked. I tried for a left over, but no luck. Oh well. Then I got a text from the preregistration system that I could book my brother's appointment. Yay. In the mean time, I'm checking around for one for myself. There was a slot available for tomorrow. But of course the only slots were between 2:15 and 4:45 and I had told my brother I'd help drive him to the neurologist for his steroid infusion- from 2:30 until around 4:30. Arrrgghh. And as a final whine, I'm now trying to rebook my brother's appointment since the doctor said he should wait a few more days after his last steroid treatment before getting the vaccine. At least DH has had his first shot. Sigh.

Whine over. Is it wine time yet?

altagirl

Staff member
I just saw a news article that Utah just opened up nighttime vaccination appointments at the Salt Lake County locations. I'm kind of surprised that wasn't a thing before, but I'm glad to see it. I know my company has been good about offering 4 hours of paid time off to get vaccinated, but I'm sure it's difficult for some. (Mine ended up being on a weekend, so I didn't use it, but I was glad to have the rest of the weekend to recover in case I needed it.)

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Got Pfizer shot 2 about 12 hours ago. So far tenderness at the injection location, low grade fever, slight headache. Roughly the same side effects as after the first shot. I caffeinated this morning, hydrated all day, and took one extra strength Tylenol. And prophylactically turned on the heat this morning. We’ll see how tonite and tomorrow go. I suspect that the arm will continue to ache - last time I couldn’t move it the next morning and I kept rolling onto it overnight.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Got Pfizer shot 2 about 12 hours ago. So far tenderness at the injection location, low grade fever, slight headache. Roughly the same side effects as after the first shot. I caffeinated this morning, hydrated all day, and took one extra strength Tylenol. And prophylactically turned on the heat this morning. We’ll see how tonite and tomorrow go. I suspect that the arm will continue to ache - last time I couldn’t move it the next morning and I kept rolling onto it overnight.

Here’s hoping no worsening of symptoms for you this time!

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Had Johnson and Johnson. No arm soreness which is unusual for me. Almost exactly 8 hours later the fever/chills/exhaustion set in. Ran 103.5 fever for most of a night. Tired the next day and slept a lot. Probably about 3-4 days until I felt totally back to normal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly