• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

First snow!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This looks interesting too. Today/tomorrow. I've been looking at this for two days. I think they are going to reduce the expected total snowfall, though. StormTotalSnowWeb.png

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Every northeast resort rep I talked to a Boston Ski Expo yesterday is excited about snowmaking this weekend. They are far more interested in the temperature than the amount of natural snow predicted.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tons of AT skiers up here are excited for the snow because they want to get out and earn their turns.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A sailing friend sent me a picture from his ski day at Wildcat yesterday. Looked like winter to me! I also went on the Okemo website and saw they were blasting snow at the top. All promising!

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You are my people. The air in NY had not quite a bite but a little zest in it today. My colleagues were bemoaning the snow that is forecasted for Thursday. And inside, like all of you, I am doing a happy dance. Winter is coming!!!

Tvan

Angel Diva
We had flurries last Saturday, and snow predicted in Connecticut today...maybe as much as 7 inches with more predicted in the Catskills!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
More Snow is on the way!! This storm should be a great jump start to all our Eastern Mts!! 6-12 predicted for higher elevations in NY and VT (my AO) Yea! Winter is here!!!

HikenSki

Angel Diva
It’s snowing in Northern VA! Yay! Coming down pretty hard too.

Now wait for the local stations to freak out...
:yahoo: You got that right about the local stations!

I love it! So excited for ski season. They are pumping the snow over at Snowshoe in WV. We've been watching the blowers all week. We've got season passes for the year and are chomping at the bit to get over there. They aim to open next Wednesday but we will probably wait till mid-December to head over after they have more runs open. Bring on the snow baby!

Jilly

Staff member
Expecting 15cm over night here. My painter is to come tomorrow to finish the last bedroom. Probabily not as she has 2 school aged kids that won't be taking a bus anywhere. And Dad drives snowplow.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The first year I rented seasonally in VT I was offered 11/15 - 4/15 and had no idea I could get something else (newbie ...). That was the season of NO snow. Since then I've started on 12/1 ........... hating that decision today! Have fun who ever goes out tomorrow! It's even snowing here in RI and the natives are freaking! (it will change to rain overnight and be really ugly) I might even have to pick up my morning Pilates client to make sure she doesn't wimp out on me!

Tvan

Angel Diva
We have 8+ inches of snow since 4 pm. Its falling at about 2 inches per hour and still coming down!

Jilly

Staff member
I've always rented "opening day" to "closing day". I have the keys right now and plan on heading up Saturday to move some stuff in. Then back next weekend to SKI!!

Tvan

Angel Diva
We topped out at ~8 inches here in western Connecticut. It’s warm this morning and melting into a heavy wet snow. Shoveling is going to be strenuous today.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna