• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva-influenced gear tally!

Jilly

Staff member
Well ZealouslyB, you and I will be on stuff we haven't demo. That's a first for me. OMG these Conquerer's are fat!! Hope you feel that you 've got what you want too!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Well I can finally say that I have a Diva influenced gear purchase. Just picked up the Conquerer's at the rep's sale in Ottawa. Priced less than being offered at Ski Depot, even with our lovely tax structure - new still in plastic. So I figured it was a good deal. Now they have to sit till November!! So no more till Fall!!

I can't WAIT for you to post your review. I think you'll be VERY happy.

Congrats on the new skis! :clap:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I turned to the forum for help with the new skis my bf just bought me for my b-day.... and honestly you girls didn't make my choice any easier!!! SOOOO many good reviews on both the Rossi Scratch Girl BC and Line Celebrities. I finally gave up on choosing 'cuz I'd love to have either, was driving myself crazy so I finally gave him the info I had and told him to buy one pair and surprise me.... should find out by the end of the weekend what my new mid-fats are! But the divas DEFINITELY influenced by decision to get mid-fats. You're all amazing!!!
Don't forget to tell him about the Auras and the Blizzard Eos' too!!
I'd have to say the Divas also influenced my ambition to, as a female skier, try new and bigger things. Seeing so many other women over varying ages/experiences accomplish so much inspires me to go above and beyond. For that- a GIGANTIC thank you!!!!!
SkiDivas Rock!!!

Well ZealouslyB, you and I will be on stuff we haven't demo. That's a first for me. OMG these Conquerer's are fat!! Hope you feel that you 've got what you want too!
No........they're Mid Fat!
Trust me on that:eyebrows:

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Woohoo!!! I now can say I have a Diva influenced pair of skis....

Was surprised with them when I got home last night.....

I am the proud owner of Line Celebrities!!!!! :jumphappy:

The only downfall to waiting for the right price is that now I can't ski on them until next season!!! :(

But thank you again to all who helped me narrow it down. Maybe now that I have midfats I'll look at a pair of Auras to add to my quiver next year!

JenO-NY

Diva in Training
SkiDiva 100% influenced my purchase of 160 K2 One Luv's, both in size and type! And the advice on how to get boots is great, that'll be the next step.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Okay, looks like my local ski shop, Ski Depot (of raceskis.com/ski-depot.com fame), is readying to make their move and start really slashing prices on what's left. I've heard enough here to know I want fats, so I'll be a-huntin' again!

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay, looks like my local ski shop, Ski Depot (of raceskis.com/ski-depot.com fame), is readying to make their move and start really slashing prices on what's left. I've heard enough here to know I want fats, so I'll be a-huntin' again!

It's so wild to hear folks from other parts of the country (and world) talk about their seasons. Ski season is so over here in Tahoe! My local shop has already put any unsold skis into storage and set up the Kayak department where the skies were last month.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't forget to tell him about the Auras and the Blizzard Eos' too!!
If you had your way, I would have added that to my list of Diva-influenced purchases this season. :wink:

Congratulations!!!! I seriously lusted after those this season. Almost got a pair for an awesome price, too, but someone snatched them up before I did.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva

Maybe now that I have midfats I'll look at a pair of Auras to add to my quiver next year!

Yeah!!!! Celebrities rock! And I just bought the Auras, too...definitely Diva-influenced!

AND.....(this is REALLY, REALLY bad:laugh:)....I just talked to Phil from Hart skis, and I'm buying a pair of 173cm Hart Attacks! (since the Celebs, at 90mm, are currently my NARROWEST-waisted skis, I thought the Attacks, at like 63 or so cm would fill the gap on the narrow spectrum of my quiver. AND...they look cool....very retro graphics and a GREAT price that can't be beat! THANKS, PHIL!!!!!!:becky:

https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh261/vanhoskier/HartAttack_2008.jpg?t=1211145976

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Yeah!!!! Celebrities rock! And I just bought the Auras, too...definitely Diva-influenced!

AND.....(this is REALLY, REALLY bad:laugh:)....I just talked to Phil from Hart skis, and I'm buying a pair of 173cm Hart Attacks! (since the Celebs, at 90mm, are currently my NARROWEST-waisted skis, I thought the Attacks, at like 63 or so cm would fill the gap on the narrow spectrum of my quiver. AND...they look cool....very retro graphics and a GREAT price that can't be beat! THANKS, PHIL!!!!!!:becky:

Here's the picture, I hope....I keep screwing up on inserting photos.
HartAttack_2008-1.jpg

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
K2 Nancy (06/07)
Dakine Girls Overunder (nice for "weekendtrips")
Roxy jacket
Subindustries pants
Beanie (noname)
Grenade pipegloves
Hello-Kitty-bandana

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
Mantras & Auras!

Yeah...so I sold my K2 Nancy's that were brand new this season. Mostly because I hated them....then even more so when I saw that EVERYone here who tried them hated them too.

Then I demoed & bought the Mantras because of the Mantra-riding divas on here.

Then I pre-ordered the 08/09 Auras because of all the Aura-crazed :drool:divas on here (and because I think they will be a perfect addition to my quiver)

so yeah...add that up & we're talking almost $1000 !!!:eek: Thanks, divas....:p

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you had your way, I would have added that to my list of Diva-influenced purchases this season. :wink:
They've got a fresh wax and tune on them. Just sitting here waiting for you to tell me to ship.

*I'm not actively selling them, but I do have you and another friend interested, so I'll sell to the one who bites the carrot first.
CHOMP!

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Hot Gear Bag here!!
Love mine!

Thought about one of those...went to their website to investigate. DH has a Transpack. My current gearbag is the ugliest looking ski backpack you could imagine....an old Atomic orange and green and black thing. It was cheap, it works, and there's no mistaking it with anyone else's, believe me! But a hot gear bag would be nice....I like to have toasty toes....

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thought about one of those...went to their website to investigate. DH has a Transpack. My current gearbag is the ugliest looking ski backpack you could imagine....an old Atomic orange and green and black thing. It was cheap, it works, and there's no mistaking it with anyone else's, believe me! But a hot gear bag would be nice....I like to have toasty toes....
I really like my Hot Gear bag. Have used it on two trips thus far, and love the features.
I will add, that is is bulkier than the transpack, but then it has tons of extra features that are awesome for travel.

I have only had one plane that it would not fit in the overhead compartment. That is a plus!

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So... can I put DH's new skis - 07-08 Mantras in 184 on this list?

Yup. Through some weird juju I googled for them, found a pair at REI that I couldn't find by searching REI's site and they were ordered. Just picked them up tonight! $399.93! I'd say they are diva-influenced.

As for me... well in my possession :

Black Diamond Patrol Mitt
Volkl Attiva AC3s

That's current... DH promises me that this list will be growing when the UPS man visits... :love:

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
That's current... DH promises me that this list will be growing when the UPS man visits... :love:

Mmmmmm hmmmm..... now you must add the Auras to that list!!!!!

And congrats on finding the Mantras! Was definitely meant to be. I did Google the Mantras when I saw your thread but none came up, so your find was "good karma" for sure.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Persee, congrats on the fun gear!
Like chocolate dipped potato chips, you can't stop, once you start.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga