• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Diva East @ Jay, Trip Report and Photos

Jilly

Staff member
Yup, the phone thing happens when you're too close to the border. You're bouncing off a Canadian cell tower. Probably the one on top of Owl's Head.

I have to remember to turn off the roam feature at home sometimes. If I'm in the County it will bounce off of a tower in Rochester.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Yup, the phone thing happens when you're too close to the border. You're bouncing off a Canadian cell tower. Probably the one on top of Owl's Head.

I have to remember to turn off the roam feature at home sometimes. If I'm in the County it will bounce off of a tower in Rochester.
Yup, happens every time I come to my parents’ here in Craftsbury Common.

Peppermint

Angel Diva
The most amazing, funny thing happened this evening. We’re all sitting at a table in a restaurant, laughing and carrying on, and a man walks over and says, “Are you the Ski Divas?” Turns out someone told him to be on the lookout for a group of “boisterous women.” Shout out to @Peppermint ! Wish you could have joined us!

View attachment 22867
You have no idea how much I wish I was there! I am living vicariously thru you and the pictures. So glad you all are having a good time and enjoying all of the wonderful snow!

Jenny

Angel Diva
@Jenny I believe my first ever terrified tree run on skis ever was with you, Mr Jenny, @BlueSkies, Mr BlueSkies and the former Dr Pugs at Bolton Valley. The lower mountain trees at Jay Peak are even more accessible than those trees were. Hope you come on a day with good snow and I’ll show you around!
I’d love to try the Jay trees sometime. Only trouble is, every time I’m there the conditions suck for trees!

Posse Mama

Certified Ski Diva
AMAZING day! Best snow I’ve ever skied on.

@Knitjenious - What you had was COURAGE! Courage is what we have in spite of fear, not the absence of it, to paraphrase FDR. I’m sure many Divas can relate to being over-terrained (like myself, at MRG about this time a year ago after a massive powder dump :becky:). Yet I was in a great lesson then, as we were yesterday, and I learned so much from both!
@yogiskier thanks for sharing the lesson info. It was a treat!

yogiskier

Angel Diva
Another amusing "are you so-and-so" story: I arrived at Bolton knowing that the upper lifts were on wind hold and that a few Divas were killing time at the lodge. As I got crossed the dropoff area, a woman in a yellow and black ski jacket and turquoise sunglasses said, "Hi!" I said "Hi!" thinking she was @ilovepugs. The person said, "I'm having coffee with a friend at the cafe - want to join us?" (something @ilovepugs would say). I said, "um, yeah, let me drop my stuff off and say hi to Wendy and Rachel first." The person said, "Who are Wendy and Rachel?" It turns out, it was NOT ilovepugs, it was a liftie named Katie with blond hair (to be fair, it was mostly covered by her hood, but also my brain was not working very well) who was just being friendly knowing most skiers were having to kill time!

We crossed paths again in the lodge and she said, "Are you with Skida?" I said, "No, I'm with the Ski DIVAS." And she said, "oh, because Skida is having a private meeting here today." I said, "Really! No, but the Ski Divas love Skida." And she said, "Yeah, you look like you would - so I thought you were with Skida!" I considered that a compliment :smile: Do you think Skida is also a group of boisterous women?:laughter:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Some of us tried to ski Bolton today, but with a serious wind hold on the lifts, a few of us decided to go to Mad River Glen. And yes, we rode the famous single chair.An amazing day with terrific conditions (and no wind holds). Many thanks to @ilovepugs for guiding us around.

Here are a few pics:

IMG_3390.jpeg

@RachelV
IMG_3387.jpeg
@ilovepugs
IMG_3379.jpeg

That’s the famous chair, behind me. IMG_3397.jpeg

Last edited:

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Some pics from yesterday at Jay! I sound like a broken record, but it was another great day with killer conditions. It snowed a good bit overnight, maybe 6", and snowed through a lot of the morning. The wind died down a bit in the afternoon, too. Super fun.

@shadoj, @ballen, and @ski diva in a beautifully snowy Full Moon in the morning:
full-moon-1.jpg

@ballen taking a little break with @shadoj:
full-moon-2.jpg

A fun video of a bunch of us in Full Moon. Skiing by is @ski diva, @ballen, @shadoj, Mr. Ski Diva, @yogiskier, and @Quiver Queen.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
As @ski diva mentioned, a few of us took @ilovepugs tip about Mad River Glen generally being more wind sheltered and headed over there from Bolton this morning. What a fun day! I feel really lucky that I got to ski MRG in such good conditions. Thanks again to @ilovepugs for being such a great guide.

@Quiver Queen, @ski diva, and myself:
mrg-selfie.jpg

I really liked the single chair. If you squint you can see @ski diva giving a well-timed wave over my shoulder.
single-chair.jpg

@ski diva and @ilovepugs in Catamount Bowl. The views were gorgeous on and off all day.
mrg-view.jpg

The view down Lower Antelope. I probably stopped 10 times on this trail to yell to myself about how New England it was. Super fun.
lower-antelope.jpg

Really looking forward to one last day at MRG tomorrow!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Wow that looks like fun and great snow.....

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks like you guys are getting in some awesome Vermont skiing. I LOVE Jay and seriously think you got one of the best days I have ever seen. The single chair is also the best. Thanks for sharing all the pics!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I really liked the single chair. If you squint you can see @ski diva giving a well-timed wave over my shoulder.
View attachment 22892
I have to say, I love the single-chair photo bomb. When I saw Rachel was taking a selfie, I figured I’d go for it.

Really, as someone who lives in Vermont, this has been one of the best snow weeks in memory. Conditions were so bad coming into this that I was actually having nightmares about Diva East. Just goes to show, you never know what Ullr has planned, especially in New England.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna