• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

Skivt2

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Day 71 today. As far as the quantity vs quality thing, I have to say I’ve really gotten to a strange place myself with that. I was a weekend warrior but my Vermont place was walking distance to the lift on weekends midwinter. I tried to avoid going inside most ski days and stayed out for hours but I only skied 3 days a week. I would still hit high numbers ie 70-100+ days. I moved to Vermont full time. I don’t get out every weekend day though I get out most but my husband is not skiing this year or last. So it’s the couple thing we did together and he can’t now so on weekends I get out for 3-4 hours. Last year my day count dropped to 49. That’s the least days I’ve skied in the 35 years I have had a season pass. The main reason was that I work from home and it’s a 13 minute drive to the mountain. So this year I was sick in the fall and at Christmas. I missed a lot of skiing. After Christmas, coming off of having Covid on Jan 10 with only about 10 days for the season, I got mad at myself for being a shut in. So I decided I was going ski every day no matter how few runs I can ski. So I go every day no matter the weather. Some days I ski 3-4 hours. Some days I ski one big run. I call it my daily walk. It keeps me sane. It makes me happy. I ski to live. It’s a different mindset.

newbieM

Angel Diva
Day 7 - big bear snow summit. It was my first time out here and I brought my kids to snowboard.

much fun was had by all. I have never skied in such warm temps. I was literally in a tank top - crazy! Snow was decent after the first hour. And as long as you stayed away from the shade it was softish. Afternoon turned into what seemed like puddle city and the crowds really poured in but the morning was great until lunchtime.

I’ll definitely come back next season. I usually keep my gear in Utah so I will have to figure that out for next season.

wish I had more days but full time working single mom can only get away so much. My goal for next season is to invest in custom liners and lessons. I feel like I’ve stagnated and created some bad habits.

But today I just enjoyed skiing with my kids and cheering them on.

I also got a super awesome brand new Roxy bib at a thrift store last week so I got to rock that today.

Attachments

• IMG_0749.jpeg
    IMG_0749.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 8

ddskis

Certified Ski Diva
One. One day this year. El nino and continued craziness of downsizing, selling/buying, moving mult times, and remodeling our dream place in the Methow really put a damper on our skiing. But it was a beautiful sneaker snowy day with both creamy dreamy snow and some good ole PNW chunder pow. IMG_1472.jpeg DH said I looked like I’d been out 40days so far so I’ll take that lol

NYCSkier

Diva in Training
Twenty one consecutive days for me during February, all skiing at Sun Valley. The first ten were skiing with my husband. I was planning to stay on for another few weeks at Sun Valley to ski, especially since snow conditions were starting to improve there. However, an ankle tibia pilon fracture (courtesy of being taken out from behind by a speeding snowboarder while skiing on day 21) cut things short for me this season. A real disappointment for me, especially since I had only just returned to skiing this year after many years of not skiing at all. And I was so loving being back on skis. Such is life. Now, I am looking forward to getting back out there with all of you next year!

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
I ended at 15, and have (I think) accepted Diva East as the end. Much like SE PA, Western NY had a rough season. After making myself go out on many crappy days here and then having two glorious days at Jay, I decided to end on a high note and be satisfied.

Here's to ski season 2025 ...

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today was day 70, and was one of the funnest days of the year! I love the sun being higher during spring, and I got a few untracked powder runs which is a rarity these days! The locals are all on spring break, and most of the IKON skiers don't ski the powder.
IMG_2636.jpeg

MissySki

Angel Diva
Today was day 70, and was one of the funnest days of the year! I love the sun being higher during spring, and I got a few untracked powder runs which is a rarity these days! The locals are all on spring break, and most of the IKON skiers don't ski the powder.
View attachment 22956
Most of the Ikon skiers don’t ski the powder?? That sounds odd, isn’t that what most ski travelers go West for? Better for you though haha.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Most of the Ikon skiers don’t ski the powder?? That sounds odd, isn’t that what most ski travelers go West for? Better for you though haha.
Wait, aren't there going to be IKON skiers at Alta next year? Ready to ski all the powder?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes, my point exactly. Lol Powder is what I always am hoping for when I go West personally. Who are these people flying West to avoid the powder?? Blasphemy!
or those of us flying east to get the powder !

marzNC

Angel Diva
There are different groups of people with Ikon or Epic who must fly to the Rockies to ski. Those of us paying close attention to online ski forums are more likely to be hunting for powder after a snowstorm. Those who plan ski trips during spring break in March for families or group of friends who aren't all advanced or adventurous intermediates are looking for great groomers with soft snow that has not had a rain/thaw/freeze cycle a week before they arrive.

Just got home from Crested Butte. Flew directly back from Gunnison-GUC. Took a few days to understand CB but by Day 3 I began to understand the reason there are so many multi-generational families who ski there. Skied 5 days (Sun-Thu) at CB. Bill and I spent a day at Keystone and a day at Breck before driving to CB. Brings the total out west to 27.

We lucked out and caught a powder morning. :becky:

My fresh tracks (center left) in The Glades at Crested Butte, March 27
CB fresh tracks 27Mar2024 - 1.jpeg

echo_VT

Angel Diva
66 days:
- 59 with @jthree at BV and she shared some amazing photos of the sunset! We hit all the open terrain in glades before they closed it off due to the sunset
- 60 at Okemo for half pipe clinic! So fun
- 61 at Smuggs in white out conditions where I skied with parents, went down a black and ended up in some very committing trees and watched the student athletes race. There were some great conditions and then not so much…! Ran into @ilovepugs with Unlikely Riders crew!
- 62 teaching at Stowe on St Pattys Day, last day of the season. Worked on turn shape and hockey stops.
- 63 pow day at BV mid week, was stuck in traffic due to snow plows and vehicles stuck on the road. With @jthree, Unlikely Riders crew — We lapped the lower mtn trees, as higher areas lifts stopped due to winds. @ilovepugs was there but was helping @yogiskier — and they left (perhaps due to nasty road conditions) so didn’t get to connect! Gah …! I grabbed dinner at the base with friend of @ilovepugs and then headed out when the wind got unbearable.
- 64 and 65 at Berkshire East in MA for Eastern Finals for first year U14. Great skiing the first morning due to the snowfall until it turned to rain. In northern VT I believe 30 inches fell. Second day was great skiing.
- 66 our friends got married in the notch and they asked us to skin there. So I downhilled on the sheet of ice (only 6 pack running due to the winds) and then toured and witnessed. Then we downhilled together as a wedding party as the snow softened up and the winds died down. So fun.

Not sure about skiing today. A post wedding brunch… it’s also Easter…! We appear to be getting 12 inches mid week. So that’s promising!

leia1979

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had to skip this weekend because I got a cold, boo. Probably from someone in the lodge last weekend.

But I'm at 11 days so far this season, which is a new personal best! And there are still a few weeks left in the season here.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
We had to skip this weekend because I got a cold, boo. Probably from someone in the lodge last weekend.

But I'm at 11 days so far this season, which is a new personal best! And there are still a few weeks left in the season here.
I'll be at heavenly mid April.....

echo_VT

Angel Diva
67 days

- did the post wedding brunch and then I went skiing on my own at Stowe — I worked on bump skiing off the gondola (gondalier, cliff trail to nose dive to national). It was warm so no matter where one went, it was bump skiing… Met up with families from the race program at the octogon— And then bump skiing off the quad (centerline to hay ride). Was supposed to meet someone to train but it didn’t line up.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Day 43 at Stratton
Day 44 at Bromley
Day 45 at Magic

Was a golden triangle awesome long weekend.

Bromley and Magic this weekend. Might do Pico Friday but I'll see.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna