• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

compression long underwear

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got a pair from insulator stabilyx full length from EMS, paid full price, they feel great, but I am wondering if I should have gone smaller. I think I am about 5 foot 9, wear a size 10 pant....I got a size Large, and I think I could use them a little tighter in the knee...this is my first season back after ACL repair with hamstring in feb 08...so I am looking for the extra support...any advice...think I should return for a medium?
If I were you, I'd try a size smaller. I'm a couple pant sizes up from you and while I'm 5'5", I'm in the larges. Is there any chance you could try them on in M before deciding?

Gumbelina - Sorry, no recommendations. Took me a while to find a deal and that was a weekend only sale through EMS. With the holidays coming, though, I imagine there will be more deals available.

Ski Fanatic Mom

Certified Ski Diva
Cw-x tights

I just bought the CW-X Stabilyx Insulator full length tights in a large. I am 5'9 and weigh more than I should right now (160-something)and they are long enough. Although I haven't skied in them yet, I can feel the full range of support they offer.

I am actually wearing them to school today under my dress pants because my classroom is FREEZING! :brr:

BKH319

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just got the cw x insulator in
Full length size small. They fit
Fine and I am 5'1" . I am planning
To take a run in them on my lunch
Break to see how they are. Will
Advise.

BKH319

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok, so I ran 4 miles in these babies and they were great.Then wore them skiing day 1 and day 2 at the Loaf. I am about 5'1" tall and I bought the small. Sizing was good. Loved them for the run, was not so happy with them in my ski boots. Since they are a tad long they rubbed on the back of my tendon down low and basically drove me nuts all day 1. Also, they say flat seems but I could feel the seams that wrap around the knee to the back of the calf in my boots. so day 2, I was extra careful when I put them on and made sure I pulled them up to keep them from rubbing at the base of my achilles tendon. It was a bit better. I think I will have to ask for the 3/4 length for x-mas. DH has a big list though so he may not be too happy with me...:laugh:

BKH319

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh yeah, when I went running it was about 30 degrees and they were very warm, almost too warm. When we were skiing it was about 30 degrees with a wind chill at about 22 degrees, they were very warm. DH also has a pair and neither one of us got cold.

They also kept the legs feeling lively!

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
3/4 length

I have a pair (non-insulated) of these tights in the 3/4. They do fit above the boot. My only complaint with these is that they get to be quite uncomfortable just below the knee. I am 5'2, purchased extra small. Fit well, but I am not totally satisfied. I've tried to wear them over other tights --experiment-- and experienced the same problem.
Couldn't wait to get them off my legs.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Sizing was good. Loved them for the run, was not so happy with them in my ski boots. Since they are a tad long they rubbed on the back of my tendon down low and basically drove me nuts all day 1. Also, they say flat seems but I could feel the seams that wrap around the knee to the back of the calf in my boots. so day 2, I was extra careful when I put them on and made sure I pulled them up to keep them from rubbing at the base of my achilles tendon. It was a bit better. I think I will have to ask for the 3/4 length for x-mas. DH has a big list though so he may not be too happy with me...:laugh:

I agree with this completely. I got the insulated tights and loved the fit and the feel, but I don't like my long underwear in my ski boots -- and that's how these go. And I can't fold them up, because they're just too tight and it's too uncomfortable. Next time: 3/4 length.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You're in luck, ladies! Starting today, online only EMS is having their sale again! Those 3/4 length Stabilyx compression tights are $68.80 (which hopefully that's what I'll get when I order them this time!). Shipping is $7.99, but if you order $150, it's free. :D And there's a storewide sale going on right now so it's easy to get to that threshold. :laugh:

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You're in luck, ladies! Starting today, online only EMS is having their sale again! Those 3/4 length Stabilyx compression tights are $68.80 (which hopefully that's what I'll get when I order them this time!). Shipping is $7.99, but if you order $150, it's free. :D And there's a storewide sale going on right now so it's easy to get to that threshold. :laugh:

You're SnowHot's protege! :carrot::carrot:

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:D I'm sure she's so proud! :D

Nah... just passing along the deal because I've been waiting for one, too. I like the full length for running, but I definitely wanted 3/4 length for skiing. Hopefully the size I got will still work when I relose these unwanted pounds (and then some!).

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, hypothetically speaking...if one were interested in buying these and was oh, say 5'7 (but with short legs) and around 140 lbs (with hips), what size would you recommend? I'd hate to get a medium and it be too big, but obviously too small is an even worse problem! I really want a new pair of cold-weather running tights, the ones I have are pretty mediocre, and these sound like they'd be perfect...

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the sale tip, Sev! I've been meaning to get a pair of 3/4 length for skiing.

Itri, are you/is your friend (:smile:) interested in the insulated version or the regular version? Trying them on for yourself would be best, but I can say that in my experience, the insulated version was definitely sized smaller than the regular Pro tights.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd probably get the insulated version for running. I already have a pair of Nike tights that I'm not in love with (but I got a good deal on them in the spring) that aren't very thick, so I'm thinking about something for colder days. Hypothetically, of course. :wink:

Gumbelina

Certified Ski Diva
I ordered a pair of insulated Stabilyx tights in a size M, and they are just too small on me. I squeezed into them, they squashed my waist in a very unflattering way, were just too tight in the thighs, and I think they actually made my feet swell a little after wearing them for a while. All I was feeling was how tight they were around my legs, rather than the supportive parts of the tights.

I had previously tried on the non-insulated Stabilyx in a M, and they fit fine, tight but still flexible, and not too squished at the waist. As a reference, I am usually a size 10, 5"6" and maybe 155lb, fairly muscular. I did manage to find a pair of non-insulated Stabilyx on geartrade.com for $55 shipped, so I'm not too heartbroken about having to send the insulated ones back.

I am impressed with runningwarehouse.com; they do free returns, mail in a reusable shipping envelope, and include a preprinted return shipping label. I would definitely shop with them again in the future.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Well, I bought a pair of Insulator Expert Tights today. I could fit into the small but from the comments here, I bought a medium so as not to be squished. 20% off at J. Henrys in Frisco, if anyone is interested.

I can't wait to try them skiing tomorrow! :snow:

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied twice yesterday and once today in the 3/4 Stabilyx tights - sooooooo worth the money! I wasn't sure about the size at first... seems like I'm a little short for them. But I gave it a shot anyway figuring it was better than nothing, and I wasn't disappointed! The lack of muscle fatigue from first day out is phenomenal! And I could tell it was helping with support while skiing. 3/4 length was perfect to keep them out of my boots, too. When I lose 15 lbs, they'll likely be too big... but that's okay. I'm so glad I used them this weekend!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Skied in the powder at Keystone. Had no pain from either knee which is unusual for me, especially in powder. Seemed to get less tired on the run going down, hardly stopped at all.

On another note, I bought a pair of used Phat Luvs yesterday, in great condition, for $200. They are the pink ones, I think about 3 years old, waist of 95. I loved them from the first turn. I can't wait to try them in deeper powder!!!!

PNWSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw the cw-x stability bike shorts at TJ Maxx today for $25. Probably not the best for skiing but something to be on the lookout for.

Christy

Angel Diva
I just ordered a pair from Runningwarehouse.com. I'd never even heard of this stuff until this thread but it sounds like a great idea for my almost 40 year old knees. I used a coupon code CP20 to get 20% off by clicking on "team discounts" at the top then using the code. The insulator expert were $75 total--no tax or shipping. (Does everyone know about coupon code sites? I swear they have every store you can think of. I just also got a code for %15 off Sierra Trading Post. I used https://www.retailmenot.com/view/runningwarehouse.com
but there are others if you google "coupon codes".)

I couldn't find any insulated 3/4 length in my size--only a couple sites carried insulated 3/4 length at all.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unless you are really cold when skiing, you may not need insulated. I certainly didn't and was pretty HOT yesterday and Friday skiing in non-insulated ski pants with just the non-insulated 3/4 Stabilyx underneath (skied in temps ranging 35-40 degrees). I imagine they'll be perfect for temps in the 20s though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna