• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

compression long underwear

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the heads up, Christy! I just pulled the trigger on a pair of insulator tights for running and a 3/4 length pair for skiing. I figure with the free shipping AND free return shipping, I can't go wrong, even if they're the wrong size, right?! That's my story, and I'm sticking to it anyway... :becky:

Christy

Angel Diva
I got mine 2 or 3 days after I ordered. It took some work to line up my knees in the diamond! I'm anxious to try them even though I don't really understand how webbing can make that much difference.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mine arrived today (the package got sorted wrong by UPS so it took an extra day), and I think I'm going to love them! I probably could have gotten away with small instead of medium, but it would have taken some serious work to get them on! The mediums are still tight enough, I think. Can't wait to get the chance to try them out!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Lining up the knees in the diamond is the most important thing. When I first tried them on, I got the right leg perfect and the left leg completely twisted around!

I jogged in my Insulator expert full length tights today and it's the first time in 2 years that I have had no knee pain starting out. They were, however, a bit warm for jogging in southern California. Based on that, I just ordered a non-insulated 3/4 length pair. I intend to use them for jogging and probably bike riding. I know they make bike shorts that probably have a chamois, and I may look for those as well, but bike shorts won't support my knee. However, if I can find them cheap at TJ Maxx, I will probably try a pair of bike shorts as well.

Only problem is, CW-X will make all my other skiing, running, and biking shorts obsolete. :clap: :confused:

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've run in mine twice and skied in them 3 times... and YES they make a huge difference re: muscle fatigue!! It's hard to imagine that such a small thing could help but it really does! The fit is not perfect on me... I'm a little height-challenged for the size I need. But even so, they've have helped me immensely. I'm a believer!

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
wow, I just discovered this thread! I've had knee issues pretty much my whole life, and I usually ski in a brace to keep things in alignment, especially when I start to get tired, but I think I might know what I'm asking for for Christmas!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
BTW, ems.com is doing another sale. 25% off everything (no coupon code required) through 12/9 including CW-X. 3/4 Stabilyx is now $64.50 (cheaper than I paid) and if you're an XS, you can grab a pair of Insulator Stabilyx tights (full length) for $86.25. CW-X Pro tights are $71.25.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ack, I now own 3 pairs. How did that happen? One full length pro, one 3/4 length stabylix, one full length insulated expert.

Just got the stabylix pair. I'm looking forward to trying them out when skiing.

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So is there some sort of consensus on which style is the best? I wear insulated ski pants, and usually just a light or mid-weight tight, though I haven't been skiing when it's frigid really. There are a bunch of options and I don't know which ones to choose! Stabilyx? Pro? Performx? I think the 3/4 might feel weird on me, having the seem son my calves, and I'm used to wearing a tight inside my boot, so I don't think it'd be a problem.

Christy

Angel Diva
I'd be curious to know people's experiences with the different styles as well. I chose the expert over the stabylix based on the chart on the cw-x website. The stabylix had more lower back support but I don't have any back problems, so I went with the cheaper expert.

retromaven

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I <3 that this thread is still active! Getting ready to break out my cw-x's I bought at the end of last year. Local mountains are getting ready to open this weekend/week, so I am well behind the rest of you lucky ducks.

Since the cw-x compression leggings look shrunken in size (since they are meant to compress you, obviously...) they can take a little work to pull on. I have "faux" nails (not talons) and accidentally put a hole in mine (which I mended) with my nail the first day out. :Cry: If anyone has longer/fake nails, beware!

Jury is still out weather I think they help me all that much or not. I only wore them 4 times at the end of last season, and although I feel more supported, I don't know if it actually helps to extend my skiing time on the mountain. Guess I will figure that out this year.

Happy Holidays and lots of great skiing...

Retromaven

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Hey, retro, how ya been!? :smile: Long time, no see/post!
We're all still here.
Glad to hear you're getting out there. It's winter again! :becky:
I'm kinda w/you on the longevity bit....jury's out -- STILL! Who knows, maybe I bought 'em too big? (was right on the line, didn't really relish hard core spandex plus have mega-skinny calves) Around the knees, though, feels kinda good, so I'm staying with 'em.....considering the COST :eek: and all. (Mine are the insulated and are truly all I need over whatever, wow they're warm)

Darn, sorry to hear about the nails/hole, glad you were able to repair. I just hacked my nails off for winter, real deal/no fake, DH calls 'em "can openers," ha. Boot buckles and nails are not a good mix, ow.

Glad you're still around!
Let's keep comparing notes, I'm not overwhelmed with them. Nice enough, but let's call my impression more or less "whelmed?"

retromaven

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey, retro, how ya been!? :smile:
Let's keep comparing notes, I'm not overwhelmed with them. Nice enough, but let's call my impression more or less "whelmed?"

Hi MSL! I have missed you (and the other Diva's) but life has been busy with 2 kids, PTA, summertime fun, etc. and I always have my hands in too many things, so during the "off season", I have to let some things slide, especially in the virtual world, unfortunately, but I will be here for the duration of the season for sure! :smile:

I totally agree with your above assessment...I will stick with them due to the price, but an not overwhelmed either. Whelmed is about it. Yep, for now, we'll keep those note comparisons going and we'll bring the final jury down for a vote later this season. LOL :eyebrows:-

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I was talking about these to one of my friends, and it turns out that she has a pair that she may GIVE me! I guess she found that the knee support was doing something wacky to her on long runs and actually bothering her knee. She said if I like mine once I get to try them out, I can have hers! How about that?!

Gumbelina

Certified Ski Diva
My non-insulated Stabilyx tights came today and they fit perfectly in a M, tight but not TOO tight. There really is a difference between these and the insulated ones; I felt like the insulated ones were stretched to the limit of the fabric in a M, these are supportive but they have a little stretch left. I can't wait to get out and ski in them!

Consuela

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wore mine under my jeans for the first time last week to our little town's Christmas Tree Lighting. It's a mile walk and I usually freeze, but I was sooo warm in my insulated tights! I even unzipped my jacket for the walk back.

These are going to be awesome on cold days! :snow:

Arlaquinn

Certified Ski Diva
CWX tights

I bought them to help boost my confidence after ACL surgery last February...I have worn them every time out this season (7 times so far) and they feel great!

unfortunately, they are hard to find on sale....

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My issue with them is that I don't feel like I have enough compression in the knee. As a matter of fact, they tend to bag or bunch at the knee if I put on a size that fits the thigh properly. I'm debating whether or not to return the 3/4 stabylix I bought for skiing and only tried on. Thoughts?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
num, you know, for what these things cost, if you're not getting what you'd hoped out of them and still have the return option, I'd probably opt to return...
FWIW, mine aren't really snug at the knees either, but not exactly bagging, but I have stick legs, at least from the knees down. I do get real benefit from the compression at from the knees up, though, very helpful when fatigue sets in.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After reading all of the posts on these, I went and bought a pair of the Stabilyx 3/4 last night. I'm going to wear them at work, since I could really use that lower back support. Spending all day scanning lift tickets from all different heights and angles takes it's toll on my back. I was a little disappointed that there is no Insulator 3/4 bottom. I can't stand to have anything but my socks inside my ski boots, so I usually have to either cut the bottom off of my long johns or scrunch them up. I started wearing my workout capris under my shells in spring skiing a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the missing fabric! I now have a pair of Lavawool 3/4 and a pair of Ice Breaker 3/4 bottoms. I wear those at work and I stay perfectly warm and cozy. But, the extra compression feature of the CW-X does intrigue me. Maybe next year they will come out with more 3/4 options.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna