• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Apres Ski Footwear

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone else find it totally screwy that we will willingly shell out 600-700 bucks for a pair of ski boots, but would never consider paying anywhere near that for apres footwear that will probably outlast said ski boots??

3 of my daughters wear Uggs but not in snowy weather, when they wear more of a snow boot. We like Kamik boots a lot and I also like Keens for myself. I don't wear Uggs due to lack of arch support and I think the style's a little young for me....

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone else find it totally screwy that we will willingly shell out 600-700 bucks for a pair of ski boots, but would never consider paying anywhere near that for apres footwear that will probably outlast said ski boots??

The only reason I do is because I have to. If I could find the right ski boots at the outlet mall, I would!

Actually, it's more than that, and has to do with the professional fitting needed, and the importance of keeping those guys in business, and all that. So I guess I don't find it too screwy, because they are two different things.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The only reason I do is because I have to. If I could find the right ski boots at the outlet mall, I would!

Actually, it's more than that, and has to do with the professional fitting needed, and the importance of keeping those guys in business, and all that. So I guess I don't find it too screwy, because they are two different things.
Yeah, the difference is the conditions and performance we demand out of our ski boots. Walking around in a cheaper pair of apres boots we're not going to suffer from inability to walk and (usually) severe pain and potential injury. Get a bad pair of ski boots and your skiing goes to h*ll, your feet are in pain, skiing isn't fun and you could get injured.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Does anyone else find it totally screwy that we will willingly shell out 600-700 bucks for a pair of ski boots....
Ha, I know I've seen some of the $$$price tags$$$ on some of the shoes made famous on certain tv show (think Blahnik) and gone :rolleyes: "WHO in their right mind would spend THAT kind of $ on shoes?" And then I :redface: remember what my ski boots cost and how many bucks have been spent over the years.......:eek:

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Happy day!

I just found out that one of our local ski shops will give resort employees a 50% discount on items bought there. Well, they happen to have those Uggs Adirondack highs that I'm lusting over. I just may have to amble over there today and buy a pair!!!
I love Borns; but, my feet don't like them. It doesn't matter which types - shoes, boots, sandals - they just don't work with my feet. As much as I love some of thoe styles, I just avoid them.
I do like La Canadienne (sp). But, they are not sold around here. I've browsed them when up in Calgary and I've seen them online. Another brand that I have bought in the past is Blondo. I have an excellent pair of winter dress 1/2 boots from them. I use those as my go-to footwear when I travel to Europe in the winter. They look like basic black boots with a stacked heel, but they have a Vibram sole and insulation. They are easy to pack, too.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This has been such a fun thread for me to read! I won't embarrass myself by revealing how many pair of apres ski boots & shoes I have (suffice it to say I've earned the name of "Quiver Queen") but I see there are several more pair I just have to have, just so long as they are grippy, warm, will keep my feet dry, and fit properly. I've never tried on any Uggs since their basics look so nonsupportive they must hurt, but the fancier ones posted certainly caught my eye. I wonder if DH will notice a new pair or two???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna