• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Apres Ski Footwear

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is going to sound very un-diva-like of me... but I think I would kill myself if I tried to walk on snowy, icy sidewalks in heels. I much prefer snow boots, hiking boots, or shoes with good tread and good balance! Yes...even if I'm going out somewhere fancy.

I got some cute Keen Vail boots last year that are insulated, waterproof and they are fun to wear out to the bar. I also like Sorrells and Merrell boots. The North Face has some fun ones as well.

Maybe it's just me... but I think I would fall down and feel like an idiot in slick-bottomed heels! I'd rather keep my tush dry! :bag:

snowday

Certified Ski Diva
Until I started skiing I didn't own any flat boots... Now I have some Uggs. Anyway, on the first ski trips, I wore high heels without problems. I think it depends allot where are you going. Some resorts have heated pavement (Vail) so hight heels could be a must... other resorts have no night life at all (Grand Targhee-cell phone wasn't working there), high heels would just waste the space in your bag.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Honestly, my apres ski footwear is generally a pair of flip flops. After skiing, it's easy for me to slip out of ski boots and into flip flops in the lodge or in the car on the way home. Flip flops are just easier for me on ski days.

That being said, for non skiing times, I have winter boots. They definitely come in handy while walking a couple miles to work in the winter. I have these, which are nice and grippy in the snow and can still look cute with shorter skirts.

theno224617_43651_lg.jpg

Recently I got these as a bridge between those boots and others I have that aren't grippy/waterproof/designed for real winter, as these are less bulky but still work in snow.
8521-648003-d.jpg

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@ oragejuice: do you know hansi hinterseer (he was a pretty good skier but unfortunately he quit skiracing and became a cronner :noidea:) anyway, he perfers wearing moonboots like these, yes in white :smile:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
https://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722382936/page/1.html

Nice, but mega-pricey.
I wear Merrell Gore-Tex Orbit Mocs pre- and post-ski but have some nicer ones in suede with some stitching that actually look kind of nice (not like snow-luggers) under bootcut jeans. Not exactly "dressy," but not much is out here.

Big solution to the heel issue for me was marrying someone just slightly taller than I -- never felt comfortable "towering" over the little guy :laugh:

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just search for la canadienne.

Orage, I read that article, lolz! I never realized people had to put so much thought into what they wear to the bar!

My favorite is this:
Your Soft Shell Jacket - If you have a soft shell jacket, consider wearing it to the apres-ski scene. After all, it looks great because it just screams "Skier!"

abc

Banned
Just search for la canadienne.

Thanks. Just figured it out...

As a brand, La Canadienne is in fact the best I've found. They're about the ONLY brand I know of that are both waterproof, stylish and fits me.

They're quite good quality boots that are very durable. I basically wear them all winter long, to work, to parties, and to the grocery store! They last for quite a few years as "dress-up boots", and then a few few more as "walkabout boots" for severely slushy and/or slippery days.

One time, a visitor (who's slightly shorter than me but almost the same size feet) from California borrowed one of mine when it started snowing here. She liked it so much she went out and bought one for herself! Even though she never have to walk on snow in (coastal) California. :rolleyes:

Overall, the high price works out ok due to its incredible durability. For even better deals, wait till spring time when they go on sale for 50%.

I've occasionally found a few other Europeaon brands that works. But they're not as easily available around town (I don't buy shoes online. Too much hassle trying and returning).

michpc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As soon as I take my ski boots off, this is the first thing that goes on my feet!

1733-48475-p.jpg

Wouldn't wear them out though...would get totally overheated, but I'm not above looking utterly ridiculous with giant boots on my feet in any setting (this probably stems from post-rugby game bar celebrations where we're still in all our game clothes!)

amanda

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bandolino Erina. I bought them at the end of last winter. I was unsure of the "almond" shaped toe but really like it. It gives some of the delicacy of a pointy toe without the pointy uncomfy stuff. :D

I LOVE Bandolinos! Most of my work shoes are Bandolinos.

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Orage, I read that article, lolz! I never realized people had to put so much thought into what they wear to the bar!

:ROTF: I had no idea that my basic fleece could be soooo stylish!!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I'm not wearing my Sorel's (or my really ugly LL Bean shoes with YakTrax) I wear one of these two...both new to my wardrobe this year.

SKANDIA.jpg

DENISE.jpg

Toucan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Shoes: Bah!

I can't wear heels any more because of an old ankle injury but honestly, I hate shoes of any kind (I know, how un-Diva-like!). Comfort and practicality seem to rule now, especially because DH is always on my case about not wearing the right kind of shoes (e.g. flip flops are a no-no construction job sites!). Come wintertime, I have some really ancient Sketcher clogs that are fab as long as the snow is packed down and some clunky yet cute boots with fleece peeking out around the laces when the snow's flying. Great traction, water-proof, cute with jeans, and now I can keep up with DH!

sususkier

Certified Ski Diva
I love my Uggs. I live in New York City where it doesn't snow very often so having great traction isn't essential. But, it can certainly get cold and the Uggs keep my feet very warm. They're also great apres ski boots because they're so comfortable.

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can't wear heels anymore, and why would you after skiing? I want something SOFT and cuddly. My faves are Uggs or Sorels.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
spectator sport

In Park City, one of the perversely fun things to do is to watch all the PIBs (People in Black - the usual Hollywood attire) come out for the Sundance Film Festival. Many of them have totally inappropriate footwear (guys in smooth leather soled loafers or cowboy boots and women in narrow high heels and, I kid you not, strappy sandals) for the weather. Just watch them on Main Street, slipping and sliding down the street.
For me, I usually slip into my trusty UGGs that I have when I leave the ski area. The ones I have have a decent tread on the sole. If I'm heading out uptown, I'll put on one of my pairs of Ariat Fatbaby boots. If I'm working, I'll wear either my Sorel Caribous or Merrell Winterlude 6 boots. The days that the high temp will be below zero, I'll bring out my monster Baffin boots.
I'd rather be safe and warm walking around in the winter than stylish.

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wear Uggs. My roommate gave me a pair that she didnt want anymore, and I've been wearing them EVERYWHERE. Went to a rail jam last night, in a blizzard, and was running around on ice in them. So good!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna