• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Anyone planning a Taos Ski Week?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I am visiting TSV for the first time tomorrow arriving via TaosAir, which includes a private transfer to TSV, as well as some other perks.

There is incredible information about Ski Weeks on this forum which was so helpful in my planning, but know that this season there is no bus service to TSV from Taos.

“Due to staffing shortages, the TSV 341 GREEN route to Taos Ski Valley will not be offered for the 2021/22 winter season”. This is per the Chamber of Commerce who has been incredible in answering some if my outlier questions about the area.

I really wanted to have dinner in Taos and experience authentic NM cuisine but without that bus, am unable. If I were looking to ski TSV but have the ability to go into Taos for lodging or dinner this season, I’d definitely want to have a rental car.
Where are you staying?

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m staying at Alpine Village Suites. I think I would have preferred Snakedance based on location, but was unable to get a unit for my dates.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I’m staying at Alpine Village Suites. I think I would have preferred Snakedance based on location, but was unable to get a unit for my dates.
I stayed at the Snakedance (really quite nice and awesome location) in 2020 and booked in 2021 (canceled that trip) but this year decided to stay where everyone is staying. I'm not a great sleeper and like my own space so always prefer my own studio. Think the Alpine Suites is more rustic but I'm sure will be fine, where the Snakedance was more modern with granite, stainless, lovely down comforter , gas fireplace, etc and one floor down and out the ski room and on the slopes.

Assume you're doing the Ski Week ! What skis are you bringing?

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I stayed at the Snakedance (really quite nice and awesome location) in 2020 and booked in 2021 (canceled that trip) but this year decided to stay where everyone is staying. I'm not a great sleeper and like my own space so always prefer my own studio. Think the Alpine Suites is more rustic but I'm sure will be fine, where the Snakedance was more modern with granite, stainless, lovely down comforter , gas fireplace, etc and one floor down and out the ski room and on the slopes.

Assume you're doing the Ski Week ! What skis are you bringing?
Snakedance is more ideal for my preferred set up, but AVS will do. I’m looking forward to it. For my own future reference, do you remember what the guest laundry set up at Snakedance? Apparently there’s no laundry facility for guest use at AVS. I can send it out for a reasonable fee, but am used to having an unit w/d or access to a facility.

I have my Stormrider 85’s with me. If I need a different ski due to conditions, TaosAir passengers get rentals as part of their ticket.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My husband and I are the lone Snakedancers
Cool! Let me know about guest laundry options so I know for the future. Sorry for thread drift , but laundry access is one of those things you don’t think about until you have to.

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Snakedance is more ideal for my preferred set up, but AVS will do. I’m looking forward to it. For my own future reference, do you remember what the guest laundry set up at Snakedance? Apparently there’s no laundry facility for guest use at AVS. I can send it out for a reasonable fee, but am used to having an unit w/d or access to a facility.

I have my Stormrider 85’s with me. If I need a different ski due to conditions, TaosAir passengers get rentals as part of their ticket.
I had a studio on the third floor I think. I have no idea where the location of guest laundry is, but I'm pretty sure they have it. I always bring enough stuff that I don't usually need laundry. This year I'm going to try and pair down so will wash by hand.

Also let me know how Taos Air is. I considered it but would have to fly to San Diego airport and then somehow get to the regional airport in Carlsbad for the flight.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Cool! Let me know about guest laundry options so I know for the future. Sorry for thread drift , but laundry access is one of those things you don’t think about until you have to.
I'm glad you mentioned it. I'm staying at Wyndham Taos in town for the first few days. May need to go ahead and do some laundry on the last day before moving to Alpine. I bring quite a few pairs of ski socks but still need to wash and dry once during a week of skiing. It's the dryer that's actually the important part.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I’m still catching up on this thread, however, ask and you shall receive. I just checked into Snakedance today. The guest laundry is on the first floor. Looks like payment is via an app. It looks like the staff is using them too, though, ‘cause those look awfully like sheets.
911ECB03-1558-40A1-86F9-FD91DD0270B0.jpeg
756F9FAB-E222-4536-A371-ECE9DB001D2C.jpeg

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a studio on the third floor I think. I have no idea where the location of guest laundry is, but I'm pretty sure they have it. I always bring enough stuff that I don't usually need laundry. This year I'm going to try and pair down so will wash by hand.

Also let me know how Taos Air is. I considered it but would have to fly to San Diego airport and then somehow get to the regional airport in Carlsbad for the flight.
Re: TaosAir from Austin (Signature Air) to Taos. Super flight. Would recommend. I had some airport hustling, but no complaints. I flew from FL to Austin, stayed night in Austin, then found a great Uber driver to take me to Signature Air for the TaosAir flight at 3:15PM CT. We landed at Taos at 4:15MT. Aircraft holds 30 passengers, it looked like there were 5-8 seats open. It’s a 1-2 configuration. Flight includes snacks and drinks, transportation to TSV and free rental skis from Taos Sports. One thing to note, checked baggage total weight per passenger is 38lbs so something to consider. Your carry on is also weighed but that’s standard on a charter and even on some privates. If plane is not full there might be some wiggle room on that weight max.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Re: TaosAir from Austin (Signature Air) to Taos. Super flight. Would recommend. I had some airport hustling, but no complaints. I flew from FL to Austin, stayed night in Austin, then found a great Uber driver to take me to Signature Air for the TaosAir flight at 3:15PM CT. We landed at Taos at 4:15MT. Aircraft holds 30 passengers, it looked like there were 5-8 seats open. It’s a 1-2 configuration. Flight includes snacks and drinks, transportation to TSV and free rental skis from Taos Sports. One thing to note, checked baggage total weight per passenger is 38lbs so something to consider. Your carry on is also weighed but that’s standard on a charter and even on some privates. If plane is not full there might be some wiggle room on that weight max.
Thanks and enjoy your week !

marzNC

Angel Diva
One thing to note, checked baggage total weight per passenger is 38lbs so something to consider. Your carry on is also weighed but that’s standard on a charter and even on some privates. If plane is not full there might be some wiggle room on that weight max.

Aircraft holds 30 passengers, it looked like there were 5-8 seats open. It’s a 1-2 configuration. Flight includes snacks and drinks, transportation to TSV and free rental skis from Taos Sports.
Ah, sounds like the weight limit is one reason to provide skis from Taos Sports. Especially for people who are local to Austin. Just pack ski clothes and boots, catch the plane, stay slopeside, and enjoy Taos slopes.

Thanks for the details.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
What?! I thought I had that room! Arriving on Saturday. We'll probably one floor below you so no dancing in your ski boots, woman! :wink:
Think I was in 310 ! An awesome room.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Amazing snow conditions today. What a difference a few inches from last week made and we should be getting more snow this week, just in time for the diva week!
I just started my ski week with Alain today. It is always fun to ski with him and be pushed to the limit (speed-wise). I think he has forgotten we are not doing race camp...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna