• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How are you passing the time during COVID-19?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, I am ridiculously jealous. My dad had his pilot's license when I was little (he let it lapse due to cost when I was... maybe 8?) and I used to LOVE to go up with him. We just flew around suburban CT though... can't imagine getting to fly over the metro area.

My friend said it was hard to concentrate on flying as he wanted to look around! His wife took most of the pictures since she was in the second seat. Sort of sad that they had the access, because small planes never do, but amazing seeing as they did!

Christy

Angel Diva
In other cleaning news, I discovered that my Hoover carpet cleaner can also be used as a kitchen floor scrubber. I was inordinately excited about this, since I've always thought that mopping just kind of smeared the dirt around. This actually sucks up the dirty water and dirt! Very exciting lol.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I am really lucky in that I live at the suburban/rural border of town. I got a gravel bike last year and have been getting out on rides right from the house. No busy trailheads for me, and trust me, they are really busy. Gravel adds a lot of options to the rides. I did a 40 miler with my hub yesterday. He's Mr Tour Divide, remember? He makes it look easy lol.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The view for two of my friends yesterday. Amazing to have a private plane in this position.

View attachment 12812

Amazing view, but to be honest, I'm surprised this isn't restricted air space. After 9/11, a lot of new rules about where you could and couldn't fly were put in place. Surprised a plane can go right over the Statue of Liberty.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Amazing view, but to be honest, I'm surprised this isn't restricted air space. After 9/11, a lot of new rules about where you could and couldn't fly were put in place. Surprised a plane can go right over the Statue of Liberty.

you are correct. It usually is restricted to tourist flights like a helicopter ride around the city. However this time, it was permitted due to the lack of traffic at this time. My friends had clearance from Newark and New York to take this path. They were flying from basically Boston to Princeton New Jersey. They said they only saw 10 planes at the gates at Newark. So this was a rare and unexpected treat!

Jenny

Angel Diva
In other cleaning news, I discovered that my Hoover carpet cleaner can also be used as a kitchen floor scrubber. I was inordinately excited about this, since I've always thought that mopping just kind of smeared the dirt around. This actually sucks up the dirty water and dirt! Very exciting lol.
Ooh, gotta go check on ours now!

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We are so fortunate to be able to get out and enjoy the many walking/biking trails just outside our back door. We are also steps from the lake and are able to kayak and/or row daily.

My day:
  • walk of several miles - usually b/w 4-6.
  • breakfast (indulging in french press coffee - I'm helping to keep the Steamboat Coffee Company in business I hope), and news
  • work - I'm AGAIN so fortunate to be able to work from home (hubby is unable to work but still being paid, so we are once again in the very lucky category)
  • more work w/a light break to tune into w/Governor Cuomo's news conference
  • late lunch at home with the cats (hubby out on the lake or on his bike)
  • short post-lunch walk
  • work, work, work
  • HAPPY hour anywhere from 5 - 7 in the garden w/hubby. We border a walking trail and a park so we are able to wave to or chat w/everyone walking by w/their dogs, kids, etc. at a safe distance
  • dinner, light the candles, watch a funny or uplifting movie
  • face-time with mom and BFF
  • read in bed and a "Calm" app meditation before lights out. Fall asleep to Calm "sleep story"
A neighbor who we don't know came by on the path today and told us not to be alarmed if we see her walking the cul-de-sac and pausing in front of our house. She's making the rounds and praying in front of each house. Then I recalled that about a week ago she'd left a note in the mailbox (sanitized) saying the same. I'm not a believer, but I found this so touching and so sincere. Thanx, kind neighbor.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We are so fortunate to be able to get out and enjoy the many walking/biking trails just outside our back door. We are also steps from the lake and are able to kayak and/or row daily.

My day:
  • walk of several miles - usually b/w 4-6.
  • breakfast (indulging in french press coffee - I'm helping to keep the Steamboat Coffee Company in business I hope), and news
  • work - I'm AGAIN so fortunate to be able to work from home (hubby is unable to work but still being paid, so we are once again in the very lucky category)
  • more work w/a light break to tune into w/Governor Cuomo's news conference
  • late lunch at home with the cats (hubby out on the lake or on his bike)
  • short post-lunch walk
  • work, work, work
  • HAPPY hour anywhere from 5 - 7 in the garden w/hubby. We border a walking trail and a park so we are able to wave to or chat w/everyone walking by w/their dogs, kids, etc. at a safe distance
  • dinner, light the candles, watch a funny or uplifting movie
  • face-time with mom and BFF
  • read in bed and a "Calm" app meditation before lights out. Fall asleep to Calm "sleep story"
A neighbor who we don't know came by on the path today and told us not to be alarmed if we see her walking the cul-de-sac and pausing in front of our house. She's making the rounds and praying in front of each house. Then I recalled that about a week ago she'd left a note in the mailbox (sanitized) saying the same. I'm not a believer, but I found this so touching and so sincere. Thanx, kind neighbor.

That last just gave me such a big ‘AWWWWWW’ good feeling! How wonderful!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Cat shelves are done! (Bottom shelf still clearly needs to be ~styled~, vs just holding the random crap that was on the table). The new dog is much more agile than the old dog, and Kitty needed a higher eating place. Post-cat (she's gotta be 14 by now) we'll make the shelves centered and the same size, but for the next few years, they're a Kitty staircase.

IMG_20200423_165949.jpg

Next up: bedroom accent wall!!! (Not sure who this Rachel is that is doing more than one house project a year, but I'll ride it out while it lasts).

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I’ve previously griped about work on this thread... which has taken far too much of my time during this COVID stay at home period. I’m proud to say I closed a multi million dollar affordable housing deal today while wearing a face mask with this printed on it: 0036CDBE-AD81-49B2-BB1A-4E3F245EE2C3.jpeg

I like to think I manage to pull off being a skilled corporate lawyer without losing my playful personality. And if people underestimate me at first, well, they usually change their mind!

Jenny

Angel Diva
I’ve previously griped about work on this thread... which has taken far too much of my time during this COVID stay at home period. I’m proud to say I closed a multi million dollar affordable housing deal today while wearing a face mask with this printed on it: View attachment 12841

I like to think I manage to pull off being a skilled corporate lawyer without losing my playful personality. And if people underestimate me at first, well, they usually change their mind!
Nice!

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In my neighborhood --

A young man who has autism turned 18 today. He loves cars and talks about nothing else. With the current staying at home, he hasn't been able to go to any car events. His parents posted a request that people drive by, if they go out, so he could see some cars for his 18th birthday. Someone contacted the sheriff's department. They came out to manage traffic. Over 2000 vehicles gathered to parade past his house -- regular cars, trucks, some with signs, custom vehicles, high performance vehicles.

I can only imagine how his parents must have felt to see that kind of outpouring from the community.

Salomon

Certified Ski Diva
In my neighborhood --

A young man who has autism turned 18 today. He loves cars and talks about nothing else. With the current staying at home, he hasn't been able to go to any car events. His parents posted a request that people drive by, if they go out, so he could see some cars for his 18th birthday. Someone contacted the sheriff's department. They came out to manage traffic. Over 2000 vehicles gathered to parade past his house -- regular cars, trucks, some with signs, custom vehicles, high performance vehicles.

I can only imagine how his parents must have felt to see that kind of outpouring from the community.
That’s wonderful

Salomon

Certified Ski Diva
We havnt finished with the family cooking sessions yet . We thought we broke them with home made pasta and seafood sauce made with actual shrimp shells ( this seemed to astonish them !) . But they loved it ....
So this Sunday it’s Indian . Kashmiri lamb is a favourite and the spice list is relatively simple . One London based house resorted to Amazon prime and the other doesn’t do dairy so their lamb will be more Kerala than Kashmir but hey ho . Herding cats springs to mind.

Here is himself conducting the cook along . I am filming details with my phone . And drinking wine . Lots of wine

Attachments

• 74291BC2-C21D-403A-8BA5-D4B05EB13218.jpeg
    74291BC2-C21D-403A-8BA5-D4B05EB13218.jpeg
    29 KB · Views: 13

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I make raw food for my cat. We've always bought ground chicken and turkey at the health food stores. Since we're not shopping and depending on curbside service at the grocery store we're experimenting with grinding turkey thighs. Last week we pulled out a very old grinder, the kind my mother used in the 50's. It worked OK but took a long time and was a mess. I discovered that my blender attachment grinds meat so this week we're trying that. BTW, she went crazy over the turkey and gained .5 oz of weight this week.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ve previously griped about work on this thread... which has taken far too much of my time during this COVID stay at home period. I’m proud to say I closed a multi million dollar affordable housing deal today while wearing a face mask with this printed on it: View attachment 12841

That mask ROCKS!!!!

MANY years ago in my first management job, I rinsed my brown hair to a dark plum. Perfectly matched a purple suit I loved!! My boss just smiled. Never get ordinary!!

Salomon

Certified Ski Diva
I make raw food for my cat. We've always bought ground chicken and turkey at the health food stores. Since we're not shopping and depending on curbside service at the grocery store we're experimenting with grinding turkey thighs. Last week we pulled out a very old grinder, the kind my mother used in the 50's. It worked OK but took a long time and was a mess. I discovered that my blender attachment grinds meat so this week we're trying that. BTW, she went crazy over the turkey and gained .5 oz of weight this week.
We feed our woofers BARF . But often we have to cook it as they prefer it that way . We grind all bones and mix them in . Turkey thighs are great for this .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna