• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How are you passing the time during COVID-19?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is sad news. It sounds like it was a determined bear. Hoping all reinforcements are successful so the other poor chicks aren't terrorized again.

newboots

Angel Diva
I suppose since mine are named, they are more pets than livestock. I do love giving away the eggs!

The remaining three are working out the lines of command/friendship/mutual aid. There were two buff orpingtons (one was the victim) and my other two are all-black (black australorp) and a beautiful gold-laced wyandotte (black and gold). The dark chickens and the buff orpingtons always paired off. The remaining buff orpington (Little Bird) and the gold-laced wyandotte (CallieChick) won't go off foraging without Blackbird, the unquestioned top of the pecking order. She is protective and very bossy. This is new - the other three felt free to forage when Blackbird was setting on the nest.

Other than that everyone is behaving normally.

The victim, Big Bird, was the largest of the chicks. She grew up to be big, too. 2DB84C9B-2566-46DC-B52A-D993559394D5.jpeg8F2EDDE4-119C-4FAB-A9E2-02C2E233AD3A.jpeg

Last edited:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So Blackbird rules the roost, in lieu of a rooster. Poor birds, to be terrified like that.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Sol 53:

today the sun woke us up too early and we lamented that we had ordered blackout shades just before the governor’s stay home order was issued. Not complaining too much because this is the view even this time of year:

FE73B9DB-B097-4476-9B87-1472F9131484.jpeg

We decided to get outside before it got too warm and went to Little River State park, which I’d never been to and only slightly further away than the governor’s recommended travel distance. We saw few people and all stayed far away, no doubt warned away by my little black dog Pippin’s disproportionately loud barks. Turns out this park is my favorite state park I’ve visited in Vermont so far, but we were too busy walking around to take pictures.

Before we left for the park, Dr Pugs suggested that we didn’t need water for the dogs, so I didn’t bring any... turns out Baxter (the much loved pug) did and laid down, panting, less than half way in. We let him rest and cool off, then found a crystal clear stream for him and Pippin to drink from. Anyway, we did a 4 mile round trip walk - part of which involved failing at crossing the Little River and then doubling back - and by the time we got back to the parking lot, the lot was full and it was time to go. Once we got home around lunch time, Baxter conked out and he’s been napping ever since (it’s now almost 7pm).

Other things to pass the time: I played fetch with Spencer, the golden retriever, in our front yard - his favorite! And made more progress on the deck furniture re-staining project I started last summer and didn’t even get halfway through. And did some yoga stretches.

So, like everyone else, I guess I’m doing house projects, exercising and playing with my pets to pass the time on weekends these days. And also constantly looking forward to my next meal!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think pug dogs are prone to overheat--something about their shortened faces. Hope Baxter is feeling himself again!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I think pug dogs are prone to overheat--something about their shortened faces. Hope Baxter is feeling himself again!

yes, exactly! It was a little irresponsible of us. We’ll definitely bring water next time.

Dr Pugs was worried Baxter was feeling unwell. I did a simple test and yelled “who wants a treat?!” He reacted instantly and dashed down the stairs for his treat.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I finished the highlight reel from our trip to Japan this winter. It took A LOT of time to sort through hours and hours of GoPro footage. I did a first pass hard cut, and still had 3.5 hours of small clips...narrowed it down to 10 minutes...

I have no idea what to do with my free time now.

For anyone that wants a little snow stoke, it's up on YouTube.
Disclaimer: Its an amateur production, with excessive snowboard shots :wink:, best viewed with sound.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I finished the highlight reel from our trip to Japan this winter. It took A LOT of time to sort through hours and hours of GoPro footage. I did a first pass hard cut, and still had 3.5 hours of small clips...narrowed it down to 10 minutes...

Disclaimer: Its an amateur production, with excessive snowboard shots :wink:, best viewed with sound.

This came out great!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

Holy Moly. Amazing! And a great job. Thanks for posting this.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Most uplifting post I've seen in months.... And the viewer can tell that you guys were really having fun ! Made my day !

Jenny

Angel Diva
Just back from a trip to Goodwill - good to get rid of stuff. We gave them some junk, sure, but also some good stuff. I also have an email out to a group we used to belong to, to see if they want some of the old garb and things from back then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna