• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How are you passing the time during COVID-19?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
MANY years ago in my first management job, I rinsed my brown hair to a dark plum. Perfectly matched a purple suit I loved!! My boss just smiled. Never get ordinary!!

Just saw this and LOVE it!!

For a while I had black and purple balayage - the purple was a darker almost indigo color. Could easily hide it in a bun if needed but most clients loved having a lawyer who broke the mold just a little bit.

Now I really am hoping to develop my villain streak :smile:

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been working on the house projects too.... ski themed double towel bar of upcycled poles (spray painted) and a double curtain rod bracket. Drop of silicone caulk on each pole to hold them in place. Super fun and easy project!

Attachments

• 32889881-1321-4022-AF3B-5825472BF59F.jpeg
    32889881-1321-4022-AF3B-5825472BF59F.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 23
  • A3C1675A-8445-4B74-9767-D0DD2ABD3A4F.jpeg
    A3C1675A-8445-4B74-9767-D0DD2ABD3A4F.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 23

Tvan

Angel Diva
I was wide awake at 4 this morning. So far, three loaves of baguettes out of the oven and cooling, fresh pesto made, chicken curry in the crockpot, and tuna salad made for lunch. Also, third load of laundry done, and pantry rearranged. I'll probably be face down in the mashed potatoes by 3 pm.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not bored, because I'm WFH and generally have been entertaining myself, but it'd sure be nice to get a massage or my nails done.

COVID knitting count: 5 hats, 2 cowls. Made twisted cord embellishments, new-to-me technique. Casting on a shawl today.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Baby knits are great projects because they're almost as quick as cowls and hats. Enjoy the process, @Jilly :smile:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
BEF72487-613D-4D3B-90D8-BAC5052B8523.jpeg
We have been more motivated to hang art since the stay at home order came out. Our design aesthetic mostly consists of Ski Vermont posters.

Dr Pugs saw a Facebook ad for the Starry Pug and instantly hit purchase (dang Facebook analytics). We decided that we should hang up General Baxter of the Pug Army as well.

newboots

Angel Diva
Sad news has struck the Newboots-Blizzard household again. We awoke to a huge racket outside. A bear broke in to the coop and made off with one of our chickens. So sad! The others are wary but seem to be adjusting okay. Mr. Blizzard bought some bolts and reinforced the door and the locks. It tried to get in several different ways, and finally one side of the lock was simply ripped off the door.

We found the other three. Two were sitting as still as church mice out of sight in the nesting box. One had gotten into the run, and when I was looking for her in the dark she answered me in the tiniest voice.

Our other three are a bit nervous and confused, but recovering rapidly. We are sad, but also recovering.

Tvan

Angel Diva
@newboots - I'm so sorry to hear this. What a sad and scary loss. I hope your three remaining girls recover quickly.

I read a quote on a farming blog once … something like "where there is livestock, there will be deadstock." It was such a sad and stark quote that it scared me off from having chickens, or goats...my two favorite of all the backyard farm animals. I'm so sorry you've had a loss during a time that is already so stressful.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sorry, @newboots.

I was raised in the country in Virginia. We had chickens ... one time, a duck ... one time, 100 guineas. Foxes were the main predator we had to watch for. Bears would be a challenge. Even though ours weren't pets, it was sad and frustrating to lose one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly