• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"I can't go today" whine thread...

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When I finished up just before dark our total was maybe 10 inches. And got my timing right, I was out when the plow came by and he asked if I wanted him to clear out the end of my driveway for me :smile:
Now time to pour that glass of wine and sit by the fire DH made while I was out shoveling with DD.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Just finished clearing paths, digging out cars and doing clean up after the plow. Still can't go skiing because underneath that snow is a thin layer of icy slush. My driveway is now a luge run.

newboots

Angel Diva
I was out when the plow came by and he asked if I wanted him to clear out the end of my driveway for me :smile:

WHAT?!? Can you send him to Western Mass to take a job in my city? How wonderful!

@Tvan I feel your pain! We have no slush up here; getting very cold.

Guess what? More snow coming.

captain_hug99

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I couldn't ski this weekend because it is Girl Scout Cookie season. My daughter and I were at booth sales for 10 hours this weekend. However, the ski gear got good use keeping me warm when it was 15 degrees last night.

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is an preemptive whine: I can't go skiing tomorrow because I brought my new skis to the shop to have the bindings put on. I forgot that the shop now has one of my boots, so I can't hit the slopes even with my old skis with just one boot. :-(

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is an preemptive whine: I can't go skiing tomorrow because I brought my new skis to the shop to have the bindings put on. I forgot that the shop now has one of my boots, so I can't hit the slopes even with my old skis with just one boot. :-(
Oh, that's just unfair! :frusty: Will they be open--and let you have your boot back for the day--before it's too late to leave? It's supposed to snow at Whistler tonight, isn't it?

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, that's just unfair! :frusty: Will they be open--and let you have your boot back for the day--before it's too late to leave? It's supposed to snow at Whistler tonight, isn't it?

Haha, I like your emoji! My trusty ski shop is super busy, but I believe it's worth the wait to make sure everything is done right. :-) I may just have to go nordic skiing instead of alpine skiing. Poor me! LOL

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I routinely fail to account for this. Can you bribe them to make it go faster?

RhodySkiBum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't go today because I fell last Sunday and broke my hand. Skied last Monday anyway :smile: but after a visit to the ortho doc - I am in a HUGE cast. Out for a few weeks :frusty:

Hope there is still some snow left when I get this awful cast taken off!!!!!

Tvan

Angel Diva
I can't ski today because it is 10 degrees (after a week of 60 degree weather), and conditions can not possibly be worth the drive time.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't go today because I fell last Sunday and broke my hand. Skied last Monday anyway :smile: but after a visit to the ortho doc - I am in a HUGE cast. Out for a few weeks :frusty:

DOH!

I can't ski today because it is 10 degrees (after a week of 60 degree weather), and conditions can not possibly be worth the drive time.

You just need to bring an ice axe ...

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

Oh, that's awful! Wishing you a full and speedy recovery!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Oh no!! Where did you fall? I tried to guess from the sign in your avatar but no luck! Hope it heals fast and you're back out soon!

newboots

Angel Diva

Oh, no! I feel your pain! Which bone is broken? Broke mine last summer (needed surgery too), and sprained my ankle at the same time. No hiking, miserable summer vacation where even walking was a drag, out of work so long I ran out of sick time and it started eating up my vacation hours. . .

Do absolutely everything the PT or OT tells you! And be kind to it - you'll be wanting that hand for a long time to come, well past this year's ski season. Good luck!

Tvan

Angel Diva

Ugh. So sorry to hear this!

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Oh, no! Here's to speedy recovery and not-so-speedy snowmelt!

:snow::snow::snow::party::snow::snow::snow:

RhodySkiBum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, no! I feel your pain! Which bone is broken? Broke mine last summer (needed surgery too), and sprained my ankle at the same time. No hiking, miserable summer vacation where even walking was a drag, out of work so long I ran out of sick time and it started eating up my vacation hours. . .

Do absolutely everything the PT or OT tells you! And be kind to it - you'll be wanting that hand for a long time to come, well past this year's ski season. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! It's the 5th metacarpal (pinky) First ortho thought it would need surgery, surgeon said prob not. But he put it in a huge cast. So here's hoping it heals well.......without fixing.

I've actually been through this once before (different finger - same hand! Who does this lol) and did need surgery - so I am not looking forward to the PT/OT - but I do know how important it is.

I'm also in the same boat with sick time - counting the hours every day. Could be a long year if I have to tap into vacation time :mad2:

Funny - when you're working you wish for more free time ....now I have all this free time, but can't do anything :frusty:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna