• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"I can't go today" whine thread...

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm at the condo, a ten minute walk from the lift, but I don't think I'm going to ski today. My hope was that after really feeling fantastic on my skis yesterday, I would be able to go out and ski some more aggressive terrain today. Carefully, of course. I have zero plans to fall or need to make abrupt movements, although my knee is getting more and more tolerant that sort of thing. DH and I even discussed the best aspects for good snow, so that I probably wouldn't have to deal with set-up crud or heavy chop. But there is no vis today - I can't see the mountain from the condo. It's snowing gangbusters, which should be tempting, but yesterday's full day of skiing has revitalized my cold. And if I can't ski trees, skiing in poor vis on wide open runs with a lot of people who - based on conversations on the lift - generally find a few inches of snow pretty challenging - eh.

I could probably rally, but it's almost 9:30, and I'm in my PJs (I just pull a pair of fleece pants over my PJ bottoms for the dog walk). It would probably be after 10 before I got to the lift, and with a boot fit at 1:30 and wanting to scarf some food beforehand ...

I feel like I'm betraying the sacred code of the skier, but today may be a good day not to ski. I haven't managed to attend my knee-oriented personal training session in over a month, and if I ski today, I may egg on the cold and need to cancel *again* tomorrow.

Argh! Conflicting priorities! If only I could work today and play tomorrow.

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm on a planned vacation to Okemo. Slushy conditions, which we worked through till it started to rain! My daughter, a fledgling boarder, could barely handle this heavier slush, and my legs were working new muscles that haven't been working before, on better snow. On a short run when her legs were shaky, we decided that was it.

Took turns in the jacuzzi in our room with Epsom salts!

I guess this doesn't actually qualify for the whine thread. Oops! But whining about conditions. We aren't quite ready for conditions that are "good for you."

newboots

Angel Diva
Ahh, the apres-ski whine. Perhaps time for the apres-ski wine?

We have taken care of that. My daughter arranged red wine, chocolate, and jacuzzi. I added the Epsom salts!

Also a great dinner with a friend and back to this sweet country inn that @theskidiva endorsed! Snowing tonight

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
This is a great thread!

For the last 2 weeks I had few chances to ski because we couldn't get there. Then we got there and I hurt my left leg on the 2nd run of the first day.

So DH skied while I stayed in the condo, shovelled the terrace, and thought healing thoughts.

Now the weather is nice but I can't ski cause my leg is still weak. I'm working on it.

By the time my leg is healed hopefully next week, Mammoth is expecting another blizzard and DH doesn't want to deal with another blizzard, so I may not ski again until spring.

I'm frustrated; I can't ski.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For the last 2 weeks I had few chances to ski because we couldn't get there. Then we got there and I hurt my left leg on the 2nd run of the first day.
Noooooooooooo!!! :hurt:

Hope it heals up soon, and maybe you can go on your own. I have an annual tradition of hurting myself on like the second day of the season wrestling with challenging snow before I have my ski legs back, so I know what you're feeling.

(The odd thing about this thread is that we can't "like" another person's post because it's like saying we like it that you can't go...)

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Feel like I'm getting the cold that has worked its way through my skiing friends and the shop where I have been going for boots and ski tunes. I sneezed a bunch of times on the ride back to home state today. Bleah! Fighting with Claritin and Airborne. I suppose my knees were happy for a day off. Be well, all!

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My whine of the day: double ear infection is making me walk like Jack Sparrow.

True Story. Already spilled 2 cups of coffee.
Ear infections suck, but +1 for fantastic simile! I hope it clears soon.

My sinuses are much better. Not empty, but better.

Glad to hear it. It's hard to know when to push and when to wait it out. Sometimes, the cold air helps, and sometimes it's the worst thing.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have to drive DD to a college interview in Weston. But if she gets into one of her top choices, maybe she'll relax enough to come ski with me before the season is over.

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
WHINE ALERT!!

I have to go to Orlando for work. What the EFF! I hate Florida under any circumstances, but having to spend 5 days there during ski season is particularly galling. And having to leave on a Saturday is even worse.

RANT OVER. Thank you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly