• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"I can't go today" whine thread...

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hahaha -- you're such an enabler!!

(Going to try on old mittens/gloves now lol)

It was suggested to me when it looked like I might have to wear a wrist brace while skiing ... just passing it along =)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm whining in advance -- well, not really whining, because that's not really the right word -- but I'm not going to be able to ski the week of the 20th because my 2-1/2 year old granddaughter will be having open heart surgery, and I have to stay with my 5 year old grandson while my daughter and son-in-law are with her in the hospital. It's really more of an explanation about why I can't ski, because I'm glad to help out any way I can. My daughter had heart surgery twice already (she's fine now), so I've been through this before. It's not fun, but I'm confident things will turn out fine. I just wish my granddaughter didn't have to go through it.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm whining in advance -- well, not really whining, because that's not really the right word -- but I'm not going to be able to ski the week of the 20th because my 2-1/2 year old granddaughter will be having open heart surgery, and I have to stay with my 5 year old grandson while my daughter and son-in-law are with her in the hospital. It's really more of an explanation about why I can't ski, because I'm glad to help out any way I can. My daughter had heart surgery twice already (she's fine now), so I've been through this before. It's not fun, but I'm confident things will turn out fine. I just wish my granddaughter didn't have to go through it.

Oh, wow. No matter how confident you are, it must be stressful. And painful for such a little kid who doesn't really know what's going on.

Tvan

Angel Diva

Thank you for sharing. Will be sending healing thoughts to your entire family.

newboots

Angel Diva
A whole bunch of enablers!

With that red scraper mitt, you could also fend off skiers and boarders who pass too closely!

newboots

Angel Diva

She is in my thoughts and prayers. What is her first name? (I know her last name is Ski Diva.)

Jenny

Angel Diva
Oh, poor baby (really, for the granddaughter, not sarcastically). Hope everything goes well.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

At least you are getting snow this week before you go and it will not be the 'disheartening' it was recently. I am coming back north tomorrow but since I still tested positive for flu at the docs yesterday, it's day by day when I'll be out again. GRRRRR! They said I'm on the mend but ....... Get your runs in! And possibly mine, too!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Who knew the time change was happening last night? Not me! My 6:30 alarm to get to the fitter qas way too warly.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, look at my phone typing. I guess what I meant to get to was "not sure if I'll make it out due to sheer exhaustion."

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
@ski diva Prayers for Ivy and your whole family. I really hope the approaching blizzard doesn't interfere with her medical care. Often our excitement for the snow overshadows the impediment it can be for some. Good Luck.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Have a safe trip. My best wishes to you and yours for an easy procedure and recovery for your daughter. And have fun with the grandson!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all your kind words, everyone. But now it looks like the surgery has been postponed! Ivy has a cold, and they can't do it as long as she does. So it's been put off til I don't know when. It's hard, because everyone was ready. But really, she needs to be in tip top shape for this, so it's for the best.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna