• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"I can't go today" whine thread...

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
=/

I'm getting a leisurely start - since my knee will only support 5 or *maybe* 7 runs, and there's no new snow overnight, I might as well chill and go mid-day.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I can't go today because it's between Christmas and New Year's and my pass it blacked out and I'm too cheap to go somewhere else and pay holiday rates.

elemmac

Angel Diva
@ski diva, I'm with you on that one. However, I might make the exception tomorrow...supposed to get 14-18in at the River tonight, and I'm not so sure my floor can take that much drooling if I just sit there and watch the snow.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
@ski diva, I'm with you on that one. However, I might make the exception tomorrow...supposed to get 14-18in at the River tonight, and I'm not so sure my floor can take that much drooling if I just sit there and watch the snow.

Tomorrow = doctor's appointment. I schedule all the stuff I don't do when I'm skiing for this week. :frown:

Shows how smart I am.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The lines were loooooong today, but that's because I didn't get an early start, and Breck is what, the most tourist-infested ski resort in the country? My 10:30am arrival coincided with everyone else's. The lines got much shorter during lunch. I munched on juicy snap peas, apple slices, and creamy cambozola with crackers in the lift line.

Erm, sorry, that doesn't really fit with the theme ...

I *will* pay for Loveland tomorrow to ski with a friend. Not a lot of runs, but should have far fewer yahoos skiing right up on my grille with insufficient control. I've turned into the little old lady "Get off my lawn!" of skiers.

newboots

Angel Diva
Because I have to buy groceries and do laundry some time.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Because I have to buy groceries and do laundry some time.

Nights. Duh.

Work is harder to time shift ... at least for me. I do have a friend who successfully juggles an IT consulting business so that he can ski regularly mid-week.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I didn't go today because I had to pack; flying to FL for a soccer tourney with my daughter....sigh. Why can't there be an indoor tournament in, say, Utah?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna