• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"I can't go today" whine thread...

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't go this morning because of snow...and I 70 is closed at Silverthorne for a bit...

Ovenight:
ABasin - 16 inches
Breckenridge -8 inches
Copper Mountain- 6 inches
Keystone -11 inches

We've got close to a foot here at the condo...

Another 3-7 inches forecasted for this morning.

We hope to go in a couple of hours!

skibetty

Certified Ski Diva
I'm headed up to Copper tomorrow, then BC the rest of the weekend! Hopefully the roads will be mostly clear tomorrow morning! I was going to go to the gym this morning.....:snow:

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't go today because of snow... which in this wimpy town means school closure... which means I stay home with kids...

[Edit: Oh, wait... I've already whined about today. Ah, well. Can't whine enough about not being able to go.]

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Working from home today due to snow. Will likely drive up to Breck tonight ....

a_banana

Certified Ski Diva
We got snow day at work, so I thought I'd see what's doing pow-wise at Eldora this morning. Unfortunately, it seems like most of Boulder had the same idea - there was a line of non-moving cars a mile from the entrance to the parking lot. I waited in line for a bit and then headed home.
:noidea::nono:

Note to self:
MUST
LEAVE
EARLY
ON
POW
DAYS
:doh:

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just returned home from skiing 3 hours at Copper...pretty crowded for a Thursday, so we stayed on the west side of the mountain, which was a good decision...not many folks over there, and a couple of steep blues hardly tracked out (particularly The Moz). Roads very snow packed and slow going...visibility not the best, but we enjoyed the 7-8 inches of fresh powder...did a couple of tree runs...I am exhausted, but felt I skied well today...and my K2s performed beautifully!

Tomorrow, Super Bee lift!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We got snow day at work, so I thought I'd see what's doing pow-wise at Eldora this morning. Unfortunately, it seems like most of Boulder had the same idea - there was a line of non-moving cars a mile from the entrance to the parking lot. I waited in line for a bit and then headed home.
:noidea::nono:

Note to self:
MUST
LEAVE
EARLY
ON
POW
DAYS
:doh:

You can also take a bus from Boulder so that you don't have to deal with parking.

alicie

Angel Diva
I have neither the time nor money to ski at the moment but even if I did there is no snow or insufficient snow cover.

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't go today because I finally caught DH's cold. :hurt:

But they (he headed up with his nephew) turned around and came home anyway because traffic was so awful. I'm kind of heartsick about what's happened to my home state. We need to move.

Jilly

Staff member
I'm in the same boat just jane. Caught this cold, just want to shake it sooner than later. Going to do housework etc. and check the property up north. Short drive that will probably tire me out, but it has to be done.

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't go today because I finally caught DH's cold. :hurt:

But they (he headed up with his nephew) turned around and came home anyway because traffic was so awful. I'm kind of heartsick about what's happened to my home state. We need to move.

I just heard on the radio it is taking 2.5 hours from Denver to the tunnel, due to traffic...this is why we don't ski on the weekends...

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am a finalist for a job that may not allow me to flex any more. I don't really have a choice of not taking it if I get an offer - I really need to be working. If that happens, it's possible skiing will be over for me. The weekends are impossible. DH really wants to move because it's just too crowded here now. It would probably take us a year or so to get to a place where we could do that. It makes me want to cry. I hate what my home state is becoming.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
... If that happens, it's possible skiing will be over for me. The weekends are impossible. DH really wants to move because it's just too crowded here now. It would probably take us a year or so to get to a place where we could do that. It makes me want to cry. I hate what my home state is becoming.

I understand where you're coming from, but with a place to crash in the mountains the weekends are a whole different experience. You can split a rental with another family or two for a few hundred bucks a month. Or, do most of your skiing in April and May when the crowds disappear and you can cruise from Boulder to A-Basin in just over an hour. It really only takes a tiny bit of flexibility to avoid the worst of the weekend crowds... skiing doesn't have to be over!

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have a friend down the road from our condo who rents a bedroom, with his own bathroom, 3 days a week for $150 a month...they all share a large kitchen, living room...it works great! I think if you love to ski, there are ways to figure out how to beat the crowds...

Tvan

Angel Diva
I can't go today because it's snowing too hard. Again. Hoping to get out tomorrow, depending on how much we get and when the plow comes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna