• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"I can't go today" whine thread...

lisamamot

Angel Diva
@ski diva, I'm with you on that one. However, I might make the exception tomorrow...supposed to get 14-18in at the River tonight, and I'm not so sure my floor can take that much drooling if I just sit there and watch the snow.
You cannot miss a New England powder day!!!!! My hubby and son will be there while the girls fly in the wrong direction, sniff.

SkiBilly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm stuck in Stinking hot Brisbane, Oz! I have a season pass waiting for me to pick up on the 22nd Feb...next year we will be hitting the snow after New Year. I can't stand it anymore. Our summers are brutal! I can whine and bitch about it all day long. If only I didn't adore Australia for the other 9-10 months when the weather is sublime, I would emigrate.

elemmac

Angel Diva
You cannot miss a New England powder day!!!!! My hubby and son will be there while the girls fly in the wrong direction, sniff.

Ha...The decision was to hike or buy a ticket...not to ski or not to ski.

Huge bummer about flying south, but the season is still young!!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I haven't (downhill) skied all week due to kids visiting. No complaints though as we have had lots of fun. Next week I expect I'll get back on the slopes - especially once the crazy holiday crowds have thinned out.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Up to 1 hour delays this morning on the mountain corridor on I-70 W. Staying home and working out with my trainer instead.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Up to 1 hour delays this morning on the mountain corridor on I-70 W. Staying home and working out with my trainer instead.

The worst traffic I've ever personally sat in on I-70 was on New Year's weekend a few years ago. And it wouldn't stop! 6 was closed, and then 93 was closed! Unreal chain of terrible traffic events. And!! The whole drive home I was super hungry and thinking about the pizza I was going to order, and then they got my pizza order wrong. :smile: It was a pretty good day of skiing, though.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad I motivated to Loveland earlier than planned. Traffic East was a breeze, but the lot was almost full!

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We tried to go x-country yesterday, but I woke up and my neck was too stiff to move, and the cat made a mess all ober the sofa, so we got a late start, and then my check engine light came on, so we turned around and switched to DH's Jeep, and started up again, but the road sign said 1 hour, 20 minutes to Empire, which is way too long, so we gave up and turned around in disgust.

No downhill until after the holidays because it's just too crowded.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We tried to go x-country yesterday, but I woke up and my neck was too stiff to move, and the cat made a mess all ober the sofa, so we got a late start, and then my check engine light came on, so we turned around and switched to DH's Jeep, and started up again, but the road sign said 1 hour, 20 minutes to Empire, which is way too long, so we gave up and turned around in disgust.

No downhill until after the holidays because it's just too crowded.

Blech!

I am backup on call tomorrow, but I've checked with the primary - I'm going to go out for two quick runs right when the lifts open, when it's usually pretty quiet, and then drive home.

Today's backup wasn't able to get a sub, but had to teach ski school - so when I got home after Loveland, I switched it to me till the evening. Being out on the mountain when you anticipate possibly getting a call is just stressful.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yikes!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not going today because I tweaked my knee a bit yesterday and want to rest it. BUT yesterday, my favorite moment of the day was being literally cut right off on the trail by a five-year old girl who wanted the side hit I was blocking. She was focused like a laser-beam on the jump (which was pretty big for a side-hit--the older boys were doing daffys off it) and I couldn't help but admire her bad-assery!

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We finally got our x-country ski day in yesterday. I have gone entire seasons w/out falling on downhill skis. I fell 4 times yesterday on x-country skis. And every muscle in my body hurt. Way to rub in my face how out of shape I am! We got a 5- pass though, which means we're committed to 4 more x-country days this year.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We got 7more inches of new snow today and the tractor/snowblower broke down our drive way is a double diamond long turny thing. I ended up shoveling the whole thing waiting for a friend to come find the problem (a tiny little piece of something in the fuel line- at least an easy fix) But I missed a Powder Day!! arrrghhhh

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
=/ <- this was intended for @nopoleskier , but in the meantime @arbusch wins it! When can you ski?

I decided to take today and tomorrow as chill days, so I don't really have an excuse not to ski. But I did ski four out of 7 days from Christmas to New Year's Eve ... so that's probably reasonable.

Hot yoga today. Massage tomorrow. It's not so bad.

arbusch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
=/ <- this was intended for @nopoleskier , but in the meantime @arbusch wins it! When can you ski?

I decided to take today and tomorrow as chill days, so I don't really have an excuse not to ski. But I did ski four out of 7 days from Christmas to New Year's Eve ... so that's probably reasonable.

Hot yoga today. Massage tomorrow. It's not so bad.

My surgeon said between 5-6 weeks but to listen to my body. Tuesday will be five weeks out. My fibroid was bigger than we thought from the ultrasound so one of my incisions was bigger and he had to put a stitch in my stomach muscle. I can still feel it pull a bit on that side. I have been walking like mad. I am going to try jogging /running maybe tomorrow and see how I feel. I am hoping this weekend I am on skis.

newboots

Angel Diva
My surgeon said between 5-6 weeks but to listen to my body. Tuesday will be five weeks out. My fibroid was bigger than we thought from the ultrasound so one of my incisions was bigger and he had to put a stitch in my stomach muscle. I can still feel it pull a bit on that side. I have been walking like mad. I am going to try jogging /running maybe tomorrow and see how I feel. I am hoping this weekend I am on skis.

Ouch! I had a similar surgery years ago, but so many years ago that recovery times were longer. I had to go to a conference, and was able to make everyone else carry my luggage!

Sorry you're missing skiing. I just got told 10 days for my mildly sprained knee, which I actually imagine to be 7 days the way I count. (The weekend! When I can go skiing! 10 days would put me at, like, Wednesday, which is not an option.) Take care of yourself!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We got a 5- pass though, which means we're committed to 4 more x-country days this year.

I can't tell if that's good or bad ;-)

I thought I'd try XC this season, but I've seen how they have to wedge to get down modest hills - nope, not this season. And I thought I'd snowshoe, but I'm a little leery of planting and twisting if I postholed somehow. So .... well, at least there's a dog park.

Fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga