• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. E

Question: Should we pass on 7 Springs Season Passes next year ?

Marz we will take you up in that offer.
  2. E

Thank you Diva's - as always. We decided that we aren't getting season passes next year. We are going to ski all over the area and see what we fall in love with. We like 7 Springs because its like a comfortable pair of shoes. We know where everything is we know our way around, and we...
  3. E

2013-2014 season passes

7Springs early rates are $469 unlimited. $549 after July. Children are $389 and $459. Liberty is $439.
  4. E

Tips for adults skiing with little kids

DS and I were at Snowshoe this weekend skiing and on the mountain there is essentially no cell service. How do others handle communication in these types of situations ? Is this normal for larger or more remote ski areas? Should we invest in radios or something?
  5. E

Would it be terribly cheeky to ask for feedback?

I'm no expert but having misunderstood the down and bend your knees instructions for a year I finally got it from listening to my sons coach. My DS's instructor explained to the kids to bend their boots vs knee. She had them make their boots squeak. For some reason that clicked with me...
  6. E

Mid-Atlantic (VA, WV, MD, PA) for 2012-13

I wish I saw this before we left. That is one heck of drive and more company would have been welcome. The conditions were great and the resort was a ghost town. That was my first time at Snowshoe and my Rockettes and I will definitely be back. (Oh yeah and I'll probably drag DS along as...
  7. E

Salomon Rockette 90 - I'm in love

So the Rockette 90 is now the Lux 87 but its still 88 underfoot? Do these numbers have actual meaning or are they model numbers?
  8. E

Need Skis - 1st time buyer, where to start?

I'm not sure if its the best approach but I was overwhelmed trying to find my first pair of skiis. I was unable to truly distinquish the terrain, from the conditions from the skis. What I did was do a season lease from one of my local shops. The skis are better then the mountain...
  9. E

Skiing at 7 Springs today the conditions are great. Can't believe its the end of March.
  10. E

Salomon Rockette 90 - I'm in love

I'm so in love with these skiis! This is my first pair of skis (non leased) and I'm in love. These skiis are so much fun and light! I was afraid they would be to wide for mid atlantic - ice to mashed potato conditions but they were great. I was searching for crud for them to float across...
  11. E

Anyone got the skinny on the Rockette 90 for next year?

Call around to your local stores - found the 153's last week for 349 from a local store here Ski Chalet.
  12. E

It's killing me - I think I might have to get out one more time.
  13. E

PA Diva's we had 7 springs season passes last year we definitely used them. But given all of the very bad reviews I've seen lately of the resort on Facebook and onthesnow.com I'm wondering if we are going to a familiar place out of habit and should maybe start looking around because their are...
  14. E

Elk Mountain (PA)

How was it today?
  15. E

Tips for adults skiing with little kids

In skiing with DS 8. We pick periodic stopping points on a trail so I'm not racing downhill trying to catch him. We also have signals when he falls - hands or poles up means I'm ok even if it hurts. No hands or poles means come quick and/or call ski patrol. This has saved me many a...
  16. E

Spring is here?

Liberty,Whitetail, and Roundtop are all closing next week.
  17. E

Spring is here?

And its killing me I just got my new ski's this morning. All dressed up and now where to go!
  18. E

Thanks, Ski Patrol!

Being a parent whose child has been brought down the mountain more then once. I'm so very grateful for ski patrol! Happy Anniversary
  19. E

What made you try skiing?

I was working on an insanely busy project where I was working 18 hours a day for about 6 weeks. I'm a single mother and my DS who was only 5 at the time was really missing out on my time. We had a huge snow storm in DC (snowmageddon 2010) and I wanted to get away and spend some quality time...
  20. E

Jays Peak NH March 8-10

I have to say I'm in love with Pats Peak! The lifts aren't fast and the slopes aren't steep but a great time was had by all. We were there with a group of around 100 kids and I can't believe how nice and helpful everyone on the mountain was. Our bus broke down right outside our hotel and...