• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2013-2014 season passes

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
so I bought the Sunapee/Okemo mid-week (with holiday restrictions) a few days ago. $369 no weekends, no xmas-new years, and no school vacation. All the days I don't want to go anyhow. I like that Sunapee is open on Christmas day and the blackout starts the next day. We've gone there almost every Christmas day since we started skiing again. I'm bored with Gunstock and am just going to skip it next season.

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Rocky Mountain Super Pass Plus

Unrestricted at Copper Mountain and Winter Park
Six days at Steamboat
Three days at Monarch
$419 through 15 April

I just bought this! 2 more days. I'm guessing they are selling a ton since the server was crazy slow. I'm very happy as we paid for 2 days at steamboat this year which was pricey! I have not been to Monarch in probably a decade- but it might be worth the trip to check it out again for old times sake (I have a friend that used to patrol there so we would visit a fair deal.)

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Big Sky finally got its act together and announced the prices for 2013/14. No wonder they waited so long: they were probably ashamed of themselves!

$869 for a gold pass - Big Sky only, no Moonlight after all. That's the "early bird" price, and what's more, even though they waited until mid April to make them available, they didn't extend the time period and you must still pay by April 30th. Worse, they list the adult price (18-69: $869), then the other age categories and, at the bottom, is the "senior" pass: 70 and above: $869!!!
Do they think we're so stupid we won't notice the price is exactly the same? Where's the "pissed off" icon on my phone? I don't even want to know what they're going to soak us for our locker next year!

eSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
7Springs early rates are $469 unlimited. $549 after July. Children are $389 and $459.
Liberty is $439.

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, the difference in the pass prices is crazy. Not sure what it was here for one single, non-restricted pass, but for the three of us it was around $1550, unrestricted for the season if purchased by April 13th.

Jilly

Staff member
Whoa SkiNana, that is not right. Even Tremblant has a discount for seniors. Call them....they may not have the right info on line....

By the way our regular season pass till May 28th is $899.00 plus some wonderful taxes which will make it: $ 1,069.25. I just love the Canadian/Quebec tax structure.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Big Sky finally got its act together and announced the prices for 2013/14. No wonder they waited so long: they were probably ashamed of themselves!

$869 for a gold pass - Big Sky only, no Moonlight after all. That's the "early bird" price, and what's more, even though they waited until mid April to make them available, they didn't extend the time period and you must still pay by April 30th. Worse, they list the adult price (18-69: $869), then the other age categories and, at the bottom, is the "senior" pass: 70 and above: $869!!!
Do they think we're so stupid we won't notice the price is exactly the same?
Agree with Jilly, this seems odd. :confused:
The tight time line is as well.
But here at "Boyne-East," we only get until 4/30 to lock in prices as well - although we at least had more notice! (late March) Our gold here is $999, so 869 still sounds fine to me. But 65-79 is $665. This just changed a few years ago, when 65+ was $30 (!). Now that "ceiling" is age 80!! Much protestation from seniors when that happened, as so many who ski there actually live in the immediate region.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Just renewed my Sublime pass for Tremblant – deadline is Apr. 16 for current pass holders – at an increase over last year (not horrendous, I guess, but still....) But I've started to wonder if the five-day seniors pass mightn't be better for me; costs about $50 more with no blackout dates (well, except for every weekend, but really, I don't go all that often on weekends and could always use one of my cheap-ticket coupons for those days). Anyway, it seems I can actually change my pass should I decide to. Think the next deadline is end of May.

Anyway, I think Tremblant has a real winner with the Sublime pass. Don't know how many they sold but I hear it was lots. And has been mentioned, Tremblant actually REDUCED pass prices last season – gave refunds!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So blessed to live in Michigan, I guess.

$259 unlimited at Crystal Mountain, and this year they're even doing a payment plan with final payment due in September.
$198 unlimited at Caberfae (10 minutes from my house).

Sarah_82

Certified Ski Diva
I'm pretty sure I'll get the Epic Local again, at minimum. Though if my job search lands me in Boulder, I'd probably get the full Epic now that it includes Eldora, especially since it would be a longer drive to the stuff along I-70. Then again, even if I stay where I am, having an alternative to driving I-70 all the time might be nice... I might also consider getting the Rocky Mountain pass if finances allow, since I've been wanting to try Winter Park and Copper.

I don't think I'd quite appreciated just how good a deal the season passes here are. Well, I know it was a good deal for me, since I skied enough to get my per-day cost (not counting food or gas) down to about $17, and individual lift tickets are $100+. I just hadn't realized season passes were so expensive in other parts of the country.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Just bit the bullet and bought our first ever season passes, which for some reason is very exciting to me! :smile:. We got the New England pass which is good for Loon, Sunday River and Sugarloaf $999 (this wonderfully low price?!? Yeah right, goes up after April 30'th so we definitely waited until the last minute to decide huh?). Not sure if our home mountain will be Loon or Sunday River yet, depends where we decide to get a seasonal rental, hard to decide. This is going to greatly increase our ski days and allow us to bring our dog with us rather than going out of our way to drop her off at my in laws whenever we ski. So excited for next season already. :smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
so I bought the Sunapee/Okemo mid-week (with holiday restrictions) a few days ago. $369 no weekends, no xmas-new years, and no school vacation. All the days I don't want to go anyhow. I like that Sunapee is open on Christmas day and the blackout starts the next day. We've gone there almost every Christmas day since we started skiing again. I'm bored with Gunstock and am just going to skip it next season.

I have the midweek Okemo pass, too. I don't ski weekends or holidays, so it works great for me. And at $369., a good deal. I skied 79 days this season, 58 of them at Okemo. So that brought my cost (at Okemo) down to $6.30 a day. I don't think they're making any money off of me. :smile:

There are plenty of places in Vermont that offer weekday deals for residents, so I manage to ski at other mountains, too, without a pass and without paying a fortune. I like to mix it up a bit, so this works well for me.

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Just bought my first full season pass at Big Sky! Like Missyski, I had to beat an April 30th deadline to get the lowest price - $869. Gotta say . . . . . for a full unrestricted pass at Big Sky? Feels like a steal . . .

I'm really excited about it.

Hey MSL . . . my pass is also good for up to 10 days at other Boyne resorts . . . ahem. Can you say Sugarloaf?!!! :smile:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Hey MSL . . . my pass is also good for up to 10 days at other Boyne resorts . . . ahem. Can you say Sugarloaf?!!! :smile:
I can...and often do. :becky:
Next year, I can get a Gold pass for the same price as this (coming up) year's silver (never mind why...), which includes, as a bonus, UNLIMITED free skiing at Big Sky with purchase of lodging there.
Can You Say Big Sky?? I've only wanted to go there since 1975.....

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Just bit the bullet and bought our first ever season passes, which for some reason is very exciting to me! :smile:. We got the New England pass which is good for Loon, Sunday River and Sugarloaf $999 (this wonderfully low price?!? Yeah right, goes up after April 30'th so we definitely waited until the last minute to decide huh?). Not sure if our home mountain will be Loon or Sunday River yet, depends where we decide to get a seasonal rental, hard to decide.
If you’d made this decision in March (when next season's pass prices were announced and available), you could have skied the rest of this season free on 13-14 passes, an option only available to first-time pass buyers, and only if paid in full at time of purchase. I realize, though, how big a decision this all is...

If you are going to choose Sunday River as your home base (and I’d advise that over Loon due to greater acreage), get serious about seasonal rentals pretty soon, so you’ll have some choices. If you go with off-mountain, you’ve got some other decisions to make as well: whether you want to pay for preferred parking, seasonal lockers, etc (ka-ching). On-mountain is nice for location, but be wary of resort condos - construction is - well, not great in many units (i.e., noise). South Ridge town homes are probably the best. Locke Mt is DE-luxe, i.e., mega bucks. Avoid Sunrise, Cascades, Brookside, Whitecap - sub-standard construction and paper-thin walls in these units.

There are lots of weekend/holiday crowd-avoidance strategies at Sunday River, as it’s a wide, spread-out resort, not unlike Killington. Glad to help if you’d like! I tried one year, many years back, to get a diva get-together going there. Didn’t work out. I have, from time to time, met up with individual divas there and had a good time. I did a lot of skiing at Sunday River my first 3 years here in Maine (of 12).

Pay close attention to your pass perks. Use them! Get the pre-season tune! Reasonable discount at ski shop. 4 (on each gold pass) $50 unrestricted day tickets for others. And join “Boyne Rewards” ASAP to start accumulating points, which can be cashed in for a myriad of items. We usually wait until we have enough points for a gift certificate, which we apply to our next season’s passes. Also - major-big perk: unlimited free skiing at BIG SKY if you book lodging there. Many have taken advantage of this. Also discounts at all other Boyne properties in the west.

So when are you coming????!!!
Probably not next season. But the following?? Hope hope. This place has been on my bucket list LONG ENOUGH.

MissySki

Angel Diva
If you’d made this decision in March (when next season's pass prices were announced and available), you could have skied the rest of this season free on 13-14 passes, an option only available to first-time pass buyers, and only if paid in full at time of purchase. I realize, though, how big a decision this all is...

I know! I wish we had been able to make a decision sooner, but we were wrestling with several options at the time. We did have frequent skier cards so at least we were not paying full price for our ski days. We also did the easy pay plan where you put $50 down and then do installments over the summer which is nice, but wouldn't have allowed for the free spring skiing.

If you are going to choose Sunday River as your home base (and I’d advise that over Loon due to greater acreage), get serious about seasonal rentals pretty soon, so you’ll have some choices. If you go with off-mountain, you’ve got some other decisions to make as well: whether you want to pay for preferred parking, seasonal lockers, etc (ka-ching). On-mountain is nice for location, but be wary of resort condos - construction is - well, not great in many units (i.e., noise). South Ridge town homes are probably the best. Locke Mt is DE-luxe, i.e., mega bucks. Avoid Sunrise, Cascades, Brookside, Whitecap - sub-standard construction and paper-thin walls in these units.

I'm still undecided about this, though leaning towards Sunday River as it is one of our favorite mountains. The pros to us for Loon is it's pretty much exactly 3 hours from our house and all highway driving which is good for inclement weather. We know the mountain really well, love the guys in the tune shop who give us deals all of the time because we are there so much and also have a couple of friends who ski there close to every weekend as they belong to a ski club nearby. The cons are it is a smaller mountain with less variety of terrain, I am wanting to make strides in trees and bumps, but sometimes the trees are barely open in a season and there are almost no bumps, almost all trails are groomed. It also appears more difficult to find a rental that is pet friendly which is a must, and they seem a bit more pricey. Haven't found any up yet that meet our criteria, but many rentals there go through May so I don't think they are geared up yet, I've been told to check back in June. Hard to get out of my comfort zone here though, it's the only place I've skied at alot for the past few seasons then we've jumped around a day here and there at other mountains, so Loon is the most home like mountain I've ever had so I guess I have a soft spot for it! :smile:

Sunday River, like I said is a favorite of ours, has a ton of terrain and variety, and we know how to avoid the crowds there from previous holiday trips. Though more tips are certainly welcome! They also have seasonal ski lesson packages which I'm very interested in whereas Loon really does not for adults unless you form your own group for the season, and I don't know enough people who ski there consistantly to do that economically. The biggest con is it's at least another hour drive for us each way to Sunday River. I have been looking at rentals there already and actually am speaking to one person in particular with a 1 bedroom condo on the access road, it's also on the shuttle route so we wouldn't have to park at the mountain if we didn't want to. We want to go see it in person so I am trying to find some others to go see all on the same weekend so we don't have to drive up a bunch of times. I'd LOVE to get a place on mountain, but the crappy places you mentioned which we only stayed at once before only staying at the Jordan hotel there on subsequent trips are super loud like you said, and not pet friendly for renters only owners. My dog would hate the noise anyway, she'd be barking up a storm so it'd never work out. South Ridge and Locke Mt. do allow pets, but they are super expensive. Locke Mt is out of our price range even for the one 1 bedroom unit I've seen, and South Ridge I've only seen 2 and 3 bedroom places for rent and they are sky high due to that as well like $10,000 for the season is the cheapest I've seen and most are $12,000 and up not including utilities which would also be higher for the larger units.

I've just been searching online and it's hit or miss to finding seasonals. Are you aware of any specific websites or realtors you could recommend for finding seasonal rentals up there that I might be missing?

There are lots of weekend/holiday crowd-avoidance strategies at Sunday River, as it’s a wide, spread-out resort, not unlike Killington. Glad to help if you’d like! I tried one year, many years back, to get a diva get-together going there. Didn’t work out. I have, from time to time, met up with individual divas there and had a good time. I did a lot of skiing at Sunday River my first 3 years here in Maine (of 12).

We tend to like the terrain on the outer most peaks on both sides the most and usually start at the Jordan side because we'd stay at the Jordan hotel. It's really nice when you stay there because it takes awhile for others to make their way over that far so you get empty trails for quite sometime in the morning. :smile: Guess we won't get that perk if we end up having a rental up there! haha

Pay close attention to your pass perks. Use them! Get the pre-season tune! Reasonable discount at ski shop. 4 (on each gold pass) $50 unrestricted day tickets for others. And join “Boyne Rewards” ASAP to start accumulating points, which can be cashed in for a myriad of items. We usually wait until we have enough points for a gift certificate, which we apply to our next season’s passes. Also - major-big perk: unlimited free skiing at BIG SKY if you book lodging there. Many have taken advantage of this. Also discounts at all other Boyne properties in the west.

I will definitely be using any possible perks!! I do have Boyne Rewards, need to check where I am at for points now that you mentioned it! Another perk is free skiing at Brighton in Utah. Since we may attend Diva West next season, I intend on getting there for a day as well to check it out if possible.

Probably not next season. But the following?? Hope hope. This place has been on my bucket list LONG ENOUGH.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
MissySki:

First: check out and possibly sign up for Sunday River Community message board - and eventually post a “seasonal rental wanted.” I actually sold a condo this way through the message board some years ago. (no realtor fee!)
https://community.sundayriver.com/forum

Next - Sunday River Realty. They do list seasonal rentals. The other realtors in the region have changed names and personnel, so I’m unfamiliar with what’s there at the moment.
https://www.sundayriverliving.com/

The drive may not be an hour longer > depends. You will be joining quite a caravan, as so many weekend skiers hail from the Boston area. The majority, I’d say.

Indeed, more glades and bumps available there, as, fully open, they are +- 700 acres. There is, alas, considerable “distance” (resort width-wise) between them, as only key runs are left as bump runs - and edges of others (White Heat, for example, west side usually left alone). Good expansion happening in the Jordan glades area, I’ve heard.

And, of course, if you are already at your seasonal place, at the end of the season you can make treks to Sugarloaf. Actually quicker to get directly there from where you start than go from Sunday River to Sugarloaf. But for bumps and glades, This is The Place. Ditto spring skiing.

Good luck, and keep me posted. PM any time, glad to help with input where and when I can, even though I don’t get there very often anymore. Access road condo: at River Bend? Nice complex.

p.s. You can also have a hoot skiing in October - Sunday River is almost always (in recent years) open with something before Halloween!
p.p.s. Brighton ROCKS > love it!

Swamp Dog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can...and often do. :becky:
Next year, I can get a Gold pass for the same price as this (coming up) year's silver (never mind why...), which includes, as a bonus, UNLIMITED free skiing at Big Sky with purchase of lodging there.
Can You Say Big Sky?? I've only wanted to go there since 1975.....

I would sooooo go to Big Sky with you!

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Swamp Dog, hope you have fun! I can certainly see you being ready to move onto something else. Gunstock is a great mountain in many ways, but limited. We've really enjoyed our year at Saddleback and it's nice to know at least 50% of the mountain is in my future--glades, moguls, etc. Nice to know I have something to build towards!

Maybe you can head to Maine and visit me and MSL for a bit? Hint hint?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga