• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Elk Mountain (PA)

Ellen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was great on Sat. and very good on Sunday. They ended evening skiing as of yesterday.

neaniep

Diva in Training
It was great! Jan/Feb like conditions in mid March. I think Elk may be my new favorite locally--just wish it was closer to home (it's alittle over 2 hours for us).

We got there a little after 8 and started to get ready. I was amazed sitting in the lodge looking up at Susquehanna and East Slope—I started skiing 3 years ago and was the first real mountain I went to after learning at Spring Mountain. I spent most of my day on the East/West Slopes, had my first yard sale down East Slope and literally cried at the top of West Slope when I let my husband convince we go to the top and take Tioga all the way down—I was exhausted by the time we go to the top of East Slope and was in tears that we weren’t done yet. So 3 years later, time and experience has really changed my perspective. Looking up at Susquehanna and East Slope I can’t believe that just 3 years ago I was scared of East Slope. Yesterday, I skied Susquehanna (Black) down to East Slope and loved it! It was awesome! I did 3 blacks yesterday, Susquehanna, Lackawanna and Tecumseh. I skied every blue trail on the mountain and the only time I hit a green was the first run of the day, and I took Tioga down to Tioga Spur (Blue). What a difference 3 years makes!

Over the past few weeks—skiing has clicked. I have allowed myself to enjoy the speed, and to try things I never thought I was capable of doing. Until then I mostly skied because my husband loves it, and it was something we could do together—now it’s becoming something we can enjoy together!

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good of you!! I only skied Elk once and I absolutely LOVE it there. JF was awesome this weekend. It was empty on Sunday and the conditions were some of the best I have skied all year. I am trying to see if I can get a friend to escape to PA with me for one more day. I can't go this weekend, though JF IS going to be open. BB is open until Easter (at least)

dividedsky75

Angel Diva
I'm a big fan of Elk too. It's almost 3 hours for me but it's totally worth it to get away from the crowds in the Poconos. Also, they take better care of the mountain than anyone in a 3ish hour radius. I'm hoping to get there this Saturday. If not there, maybe Windham. Windham will most likely be really crowded though.

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was great! Jan/Feb like conditions in mid March. I think Elk may be my new favorite locally--just wish it was closer to home (it's alittle over 2 hours for us).

We got there a little after 8 and started to get ready. I was amazed sitting in the lodge looking up at Susquehanna and East Slope—I started skiing 3 years ago and was the first real mountain I went to after learning at Spring Mountain. I spent most of my day on the East/West Slopes, had my first yard sale down East Slope and literally cried at the top of West Slope when I let my husband convince we go to the top and take Tioga all the way down—I was exhausted by the time we go to the top of East Slope and was in tears that we weren’t done yet. So 3 years later, time and experience has really changed my perspective. Looking up at Susquehanna and East Slope I can’t believe that just 3 years ago I was scared of East Slope. Yesterday, I skied Susquehanna (Black) down to East Slope and loved it! It was awesome! I did 3 blacks yesterday, Susquehanna, Lackawanna and Tecumseh. I skied every blue trail on the mountain and the only time I hit a green was the first run of the day, and I took Tioga down to Tioga Spur (Blue). What a difference 3 years makes!
Elk is my go-to mountain for day trips - for me any mountain within a 3 hour ride is doable for a day trip. Elk's blacks are not overly difficult, but that is really good progress you've made in your skiing in three seasons. And Susquehanna is a fun trail, a nice, wide cruiser. The thing I really like about the trails at Elk is that each trail has it's own personality and character. The terrain has variety. The runs feel very similar to Vermont or NH's, though shorter in length, of course. If I lived an hour closer I'd get a season pass and make it my home mountain.

dividedsky75

Angel Diva
Conditions were great there yesterday. Last day is Friday. Totally worth the trip this week if you're looking to get out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga