• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. skimomma24

Ski Diva Necklace

Thanks Wendy, I found it. Haven't had my coffee yet. ;)
  2. skimomma24

Ski Diva Necklace

If they come out with an emerald, I'd be interested too!
  3. skimomma24

Ski Diva Necklace

What is the ski diva necklace? Can I see it somewhere??
  4. skimomma24

Help Needed: Question for 'race' skis????

My son needs new skis this season. I am looking online (eBay) at some auctions. There is a pair of FISCHER SUPER RACE SC 138 CM . My son is 5ft tall, about 80lbs, and is roughly a level 5-6 skier. In our race program at our hill, he was in level 4. I was just wondering if any of you race ladies...
  5. skimomma24

Not My Responsibility!

Hmmmm..... maybe I'll start that this year too!
  6. skimomma24

Kids ski length

My twin girls will be 6 this winter, and we just measured them the other day and they are now 3ft. 11.5in (47.5in) tall, and roughly 47-50lbs. the skiis they used last year are 100cm's. I am *hoping* to get another year out of those, but I feeling that I won't! :(
  7. skimomma24

ski lesson questions

As the others have stated, don't worry about poles. I have 4 of my own kids (14g,9b & 5yo twin girls) and none of them LIKE using poles. The older were just intorduced to poles, and the younger 2 have never had them. I also tell parents that kids don't need poles until age 9-10(or level 3-4)...
  8. skimomma24

Skiing as a job: yes or no?

I have only been teaching one season. And only on a part-time basis. But I recently revisited this conversation with my husband, about whether or not I would continue once I am "back in the work force" full-time. I truly loved teaching this past season. And for me, that's big! I am not a patient...
  9. skimomma24

Any Hockey fans out there?

BOOOOOO! Hisssss! lol. Canucks - yes, Bruins - NO WAY! But growing up a Habs fan, I could never cheer for the enemy. :boxing: lol. And since the Sens went out so miserably this year..... I am a faithful Canadian team hockey fan. So if it's the Canucks I have to cheer for, I will. But I am...
  10. skimomma24

Instructing?

Do it!! The other ladies are right. GOOD teachers are so important!! I was not approached as you were, but I just finished my first season of teaching and LOVED it!! I took my course last December (with a broken wrist I might add!) and taught at the local hill that my kids take lessons at. I...
  11. skimomma24

And I Thought I'd Seen Everything!

I have never seen an ENTIRE boot shatter! Wow! I did have my boot heel shatter on me last season though. I tried to click into my (old) bindings and it just wouldn't go. When I looked down there were chunks of bright orange plastic all around my ski! I went and bought new boots that day. lol...
  12. skimomma24

Reflections on the 08/09 Ski Season....

My refelctions; I got my CSIA level 1 this year! Finally! Got to teach skiing and absolutely LOVED it. If it only paid more, I'd make a career out of it. Doing that helped my stance not only impove, but change completely. Switched from old straight skis, to new skis! Got to ski...
  13. skimomma24

What sort of skier are you?

definitely me too! At my local hill it takes me less than 7 minutes to go up the chair and come back down again!
  14. skimomma24

I'm thinking about the Diva Summit, 2010

After reading this post, I mentioned it to hubby, and he looked like he might consider it as "our trip". We have been talking about getting down to the US to try some skiing there, instead of our Tremblant trip. Then I looked at the CanSki page and got a price from them, passed that info to DH...
  15. skimomma24

The demise of Gray Rocks

Never skied there, but would have liked to take the kiddies there. Oh well. Must be a sad day for skiers in that area.
  16. skimomma24

How many ski days did you get ('08/'09)?

I managed to get in 40 days. Thanks to teaching 2 days a week! I've never kept track before, but I would think 30 would be about right for my area. I was hoping for 50, but not near enough snow this year. I am happy with 40 though!
  17. skimomma24

What is your DIN?

So according to this website (Thanks Wendy!), my DIN should be 8.5, and I know it's set at either 8 or 8.5. My skiis never came off this year. Not that I really wiped out or anything. But certainly no pre-release or ejects. :thumbsup:
  18. skimomma24

I'm thinking about the Diva Summit, 2010

I, too, would *love* to attend a Diva Summit. But as the others stated, the economy sucks right now. Hubby is in the middle of a re-org where he has to define his role, and I am still at home. So money is super tight. If I had figures that we could plan for, and dates to book off, that would help.
  19. skimomma24

He really DOES like it!

That's great!! My two 5yo girls LOVE to go through the 'trees' at our hill too. It's so much fun watching little kids ski when THEY are having a blast!
  20. skimomma24

Speedy Child

I have seen this with kids too. Mine included! I use a lot of follow the leader, as was mentioned. Make them be in the lead, but give some 'rules' at the top of the run. My twin girls (now 5) are both good skiers, but one likes to go straight and fast. :doh: I have to keep her slowed down enough...