• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Your skiing soundtrack

skirun

Diva in Training
...Then I have some odd ones like The Allman Brothers, Rush, Santana, Traffic, Roxette, Tone Loc, Nine Days, Shania Twain, Cheryl Crow, and even Rockwell and Zebra.

Ah, another diva who enjoys Rush! And from Michigan too, no less! I feel I am indeed among friends... :smile:

When I'm out for the day alone, I spend the first and last hours without tunes...the rest of the time, my picks are of course Rush (my all-time favorite band - they've got something for almost every mood), Jakob Dylan and the Wallflowers, Santana (another dupe with volklgirl)Republic Tigers, the Cars, the Police, Def Leppard and a bunch more. And yes, I'm also over 40.

My first post! (yay)

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh man....I've loved them forever! I saw them at the Saginaw Civic Center for their 10 year anniversary tour and was close enough to almost touch Geddy Lee. Then, the 20 year tour at Pine Knob and the 30 year tour at The Palace. If they have a 40 year tour, I'm sure I'll see that one too!

I have some Wallflowers, too. Their last album was quite a disappointment, I thought.

Welcome to the madness...make yourself comfy and stay a while!

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't ski with my iPod. But, one of our lifties on Crescent bought a little stereo to use up there - we didn't get XM installed there this year, like some other lifts. We all made "Crescent Mix" playlists and bring our iPods to work. Pretty interesting - our lists are pretty much alike, despite our age differences (I'm 54, the others are early 20s). We've got Rolling Stones, Jethro Tull, The Who, Springsteen, Hootie & the Blowfish, Coldplay, U2, Beach Boys, Johnny Cash, some Motown and more classic vinyl tunes. We are always told that Crescent has the best music by the guests. Every once in awhile, the 20 somethings sneak in a dance playlist and it's actually kind of cool. I told them I have the 2007 Ministry of Sound cds and they about died - no one THIS old should have that, they said :eek:

skirun

Diva in Training
Oh man....I've loved them forever! I saw them at the Saginaw Civic Center for their 10 year anniversary tour and was close enough to almost touch Geddy Lee. Then, the 20 year tour at Pine Knob and the 30 year tour at The Palace. If they have a 40 year tour, I'm sure I'll see that one too!

I have some Wallflowers, too. Their last album was quite a disappointment, I thought.

Welcome to the madness...make yourself comfy and stay a while!

Wow, I'd love to hear more about your show stories sometime! I've been into them since Moving Pictures in '81...didn't get into the concertgoing though until the Counterparts tour in '93-94. Managed to get front row in St. Paul in 2007 - I thought Geddy was looking at me the whole time (it turned out to be his teleprompter - LOL), then 4th row center in Milwaukee just last summer. I actually met my DH because of our mutual admiration for Rush...but that's another story.

ITA on the Wallflowers, but I haven't given up on them. Have seen a few of their shows too...smaller venues, music festivals and such...and most have been quite enjoyable, in a totally different way than the big arena shows like Rush.

Thanks for the welcome...I like it here already!

allison1213

Diva in Training
When I am skiing I prefer to not listen to music. I actually find it distracting and makes it harder for me to be 'in the moment'. Plus, where I ski you need to be able to hear people around you. That said, the rules are different on the lift. One day, myself, husband, and some friends were singing "Easy like Sunday morning" which then progressed to "Groovin' on a Sunday afternoon". Just recently my husband and I purchased the awesome ski DVD "Claim" and besides the continual comments of "we're gonna Claim the mountain today" "Did you see me Claim that run?" "Did you see me Claim that jump and then wipe out???" We are constantly singing the music to The Final Countdown which is the song in the opening ski montage.:smile:

busybeingfree

Certified Ski Diva
CLAIM - The Greatest Ski Movie EVER hahaha. Loved it as well. And thank you for embedding "It's the final countdown" in my head for the rest of the day :smile:

If only we could always have a camera crew following us around :D

cheesymama

Diva in Training
I ski with my ipod, but always keep it in only 1 ear so I can hear my friends, other crazies, etc.

Franti and Spearhead is a must to get your groove on
Gwen Stefani
String Cheese Incident
Bob Dylan for mellow days

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just want to throw this out there ..... I've found that the song "Soweto" by Hieroglyphics is THE greatest beat for a pow run :smile:

Loes

Certified Ski Diva
I don't ski with music, because I want to hear what's happening around me...

Said that, I do have music in my head while skiing. Mostly some ska tune (Mad caddies, pepper, less than jake... or something).

Besides my sister and I always used to sing 'hey, ho, let's go' before doing a steeper or mogul run :smile:

(hahaha, especially the people turing around while singing is fun)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga