• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wyoming & Montana 2019-20: Jackson Hole, Grand Targhee, Big Sky, Red Lodge, etc.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For 2 years, Big Sky (Boyne) kept telling us there would be “night skiing” on Andesite, they just never expanded on the event description to include it was an exclusive pay-to-ski-with-a-headlamp-on-your-head experience. Everyone assumed, wrongly, that night skiing was open to all. I was fortunate to have almost 20 days at Big Sky this past season and every night there were people partaking in the experience. The new Ramcharger 8 lift is supposed to have a gondola type “dining car” where paying guests can have a dinner experience in the future. Because Boyne has been quite crafty in their marketing language, I’m not sure if guests will be whisked to Everett’s for dinner on the dedicated gondola or cook their own dinner in it.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Honestly, having done night skiing under lights, it's not something I'd want to have added to Big Sky near the main base. Much rather they move in the direction of the Dark Sky movement.
I completely agree. I wasn’t excited for night skiing at Big Sky. I’ve skied under the lights in PA, once. Yet, my posse have never skied at night and were a tad disappointed. Luckily, we ski hard all day so there was no FOMO over a PM ski excursion.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yet, my posse have never skied at night and were a tad disappointed.
If they go to SLC to ski, might consider popping over to Brighton for some night skiing. Somehow I don't think it's worth going to Snowshoe just because it has night skiing. :wink:

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If they go to SLC to ski, might consider popping over to Brighton for some night skiing. Somehow I don't think it's worth going to Snowshoe just because it has night skiing. :wink:
My posse has never skied East, nor will they leave Alta in the LCC for BCC. It’s safe to say they probably won’t ever night ski, unless of course they strap some headlamps on and pay Boyne for the pleasure.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have night skiing. Good time to clear out of there, IMO. All the bar patrons straight-line down Ed's Run. I don't know why there aren't splats on the side of the building.

We also have Moonlight Dine and Ski. I've never done that either. You have dinner at the top then ski down in groups with some kind of light. My maximum group size on a good day is four, well spaced.

marzNC

Angel Diva
We also have Moonlight Dine and Ski. I've never done that either. You have dinner at the top then ski down in groups with some kind of light. My maximum group size on a good day is four, well spaced.
Sounds fun! Dinner is $60 for an adult. But only happening on March 20 in 2020. Perhaps because the ride up Chair 1 could be too cold in Jan or Feb? Skiing down is optional.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Jackson Hole seems intent on encouraging early and late season visits from travelers. Got another email about the Golden Ticket, which is good from opening day until Dec. 20. Also good during late season March 26 thru April 12. The idea applies to anyone with a season pass that isn't Ikon. Must use Ikon days first if have one.

It's possible to buy in advance based on the Golden Ticket discount in order to get less than the window price. JH allows for non-skiing days, or a day or two skiing at GT. The 2-day ticket is good 2 out of 5 days, and get 8 days to use up a 5-day lift ticket.

For the fifth year Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) is welcoming all skiers and snowboarders with a valid 2019-20 winter resort season pass from ANYWHERE in the world to come to Jackson Hole Mountain Resort and receive a very special lift ticket rate. Valid for skiing and riding at JHMR between November 28, 2019 – December 20, 2019, and March 26, 2020 – April 12, 2020; just present a current, valid season pass from any ski resort at the ticket office together with photo ID and receive a 50% discount on lift tickets based on the current daily window rate.

*Not valid with other offers. Must show Valid Winter Season Pass 2019/20 and photo I.D. If purchasing the Golden Ticket lift ticket deal online, you must still physically present your Valid Winter Season Pass to the Ticket Office upon arrival to pick up or activate your J Card. Season Pass must be 10 days or more for winter 2019/2020 alpine skiing or snowboarding. IKON Pass holders can use the Golden Ticket promotion after using all their valid 5 or 7 IKON JHMR days. JHMR 10-Day Plus Pass pass holders are eligible.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Some years ago Spanish Peaks (at Big Sky) used to offer an amazing full moon snowshoe event. Spanish Peaks has the perfect pine tree lined trails for such a trek and at the end of said trail you got fondue, fruit, bread and wine, etc. It used to be for members only, then for 2 years it was open to the public, now it’s for members only again. Big Sky is so gorgeous on the full moon, I don’t know why they don’t create an experience for us “non-members”. We have a snowcat yurt dinner and Lone Mountain Ranch has a sleigh ride dinner but nobody seems to be leveraging the full moon snowshoe idea at Big Sky for us regular folk. I think I’ll drop Boyne a line and make a request.

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Grand Targhee announced today that their opening date, which was supposed to be this Friday, is postponed until further notice due to a lack of snow. Hoping the wait won’t be too long!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Grand Targhee announced today that their opening date, which was supposed to be this Friday, is postponed until further notice due to a lack of snow. Hoping the wait won’t be too long!
You and me both! Looks like things are going to get snowy, REALLY snowy, starting Monday. We'll be up next weekend and plan to ski!

marzNC

Angel Diva
As opening day for JH on 11/28 approaches, they made an interesting choice for a video to put on the event webpage. It's from 2016 and features high speed carving on empty groomed trails. JH does have some fun blue groomers with lots of vertical even if you don't go all the way to the bottom. A few of the blues may feel more "blue/black," meaning some people may find a blue groomer more like a black depending on the pitch of groomers at other big mountains they've skied.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just got an email from JH announcing a new app. Anyone ever use the previous app?

"We're very excited to announce the launch of the new official app of Jackson Hole Mountain Resort! JH Insider will replace the existing JH Tapped app. We're sure you'll find JH Insider more informative, visually appealing, and easier to navigate.

JH Insider’s key features and functions:
• Daily snow and weather reports
• Up-to-the-minute lift and mountain status information
• Top-to-bottom webcams, including parking lot availability
• Grooming conditions
• Interactive maps
• User stats and tracking
• Special promotions and more"

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We're taking our first ski trip out west to Big Sky in February. We'll be staying in the ShoShone condos with our 11, 9, and 6-year old boys, all of whom are VERY good skiers...the older 2 are better than I am and I'm worried about keeping up with them :smile:. I'd love any and all trail or restaurant recommendations! Thanks :smile:

I don't know if the Shoshone condos are at the resort or down the canyon, but for a restaurant, we LOVE Buck's T 4 (we love the funky lodge, the price, and the hot pools) but the restaurant is (or has been in the past) awesome---worth the drive from up top or the condo village.

https://www.buckst4.com/dining/

marzNC

Angel Diva
If willing to drive a few miles from Big Sky . . . the Gallatin Riverhouse Grill has really good food. Totally casual bar atmosphere. Not that many actual tables and no reservations. Turns out most locals eat very early, meaning before 5pm. It opens at 3pm, 7 days a week.

We learned that several restaurants aren't open on Mondays. We opted to sit at the bar instead of waiting 30-40 min for a table to free up. They give you a buzzer if you want to wait.

The fried chicken was fantastic! The prices were very reasonable. Beer selection was pretty good as I understand it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna