• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wolf Creek conditions, starting with 2022-23 season

marzNC

Angel Diva
Next storm is also good for southern Colorado, so Wolf Creek is about to get buried again in the next 24-36 hours. Webcams are showing snowflakes as of 3:30pm MT. Plenty of cold so snow will be fluffy.

From OpenSnow on Feb. 6, 5:30pm ET
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 5.32.56 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
When there is a big powder storm, Wolf Creek sends out an afternoon update to the e-list. :snow:

**** Snow report for Thursday, February 8th at 2pm****

Summit Base Depth: 82"
Midway Base Depth: 78"
New Snow (24 Hours): 10"
New Snow (48 Hours): 31"
New Snow (72 Hours): 31"
New Snow (7 Days): 49"

Latest Storm Total: 31"

Year-to-Date: 213"

marzNC

Angel Diva
A couple more storm systems headed to Wolf Creek to finish up February and start March off with deep powder turns. Been thinking about how to ski WCSA during mid-season in 2025.

From OpenSnow Feb. 24, 2024
Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 10.09.31 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Clearly spring break plans have an impact on Wolf Creek. Perhaps more than Christmas in terms of travelers.

The latest email on Feb. 26 includes the following about rental gear:
"Due to the growing number of reservations, renting equipment from 3pm-4:30pm the afternoon prior to your start date will not be available March 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th. We will continue to always welcome walk-in rentals starting at 7am on your first day of skiing. "

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm heading back to Colorado next week, but not to Wolf Creek. Starting to think that spending a few weeks in South Fork during Jan-Mar could be worth considering.

From OpenSnow on March 13, 2024
Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 10.42.23 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Clearly the March spring break weeks for schools make a difference at Wolf Creek. The drive from Texas and Oklahoma isn't that long. I've chatted with college students from OK during early season trips.

From WCSA homepage on March 14, 2024
Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 10.04.35 AM.jpg

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wolf Creek was one of the big winners from the last storm system. While Eldora got a lot of snow, it was NOT the fun type of snow.

From OpenSnow Daily Snow for Colorado on March 18:
Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 11.08.08 AM.png

From OpenSnow Daily Snow for Colorado on March 17, included info copied from Eldora's website:
" . . .
The snow that fell over the northern mountains east of the divide was dense with a snow-to-liquid (SLR) ratio averaging about 11:1. This is great for moisture but not great for snow quality.

Alek K., a reader of the Colorado Daily Snow, pointed me to this truthful and humorous update that Eldora posted on Friday (March 15). I love this update for its transparency, and Eldora posted many other updates during and after the storm, which helped all of us understand what was happening at the resort.
. . ."

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 11.09.09 AM.png

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Wolf Creek was one of the big winners from the last storm system. While Eldora got a lot of snow, it was NOT the fun type of snow.

From OpenSnow Daily Snow for Colorado on March 18:
View attachment 22823

From OpenSnow Daily Snow for Colorado on March 17, included info copied from Eldora's website:
" . . .
The snow that fell over the northern mountains east of the divide was dense with a snow-to-liquid (SLR) ratio averaging about 11:1. This is great for moisture but not great for snow quality.

Alek K., a reader of the Colorado Daily Snow, pointed me to this truthful and humorous update that Eldora posted on Friday (March 15). I love this update for its transparency, and Eldora posted many other updates during and after the storm, which helped all of us understand what was happening at the resort.
. . ."

View attachment 22824
Sounds like a Sierra storm to me....

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wolf Creek will end the season with fresh snow. One storm is starting March 31. Then it warms up for a few days. Another storm starts April 5, just in time for the closing weekend. Lift tickets are at the low rate for the last week.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 3.00.08 PM.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna