• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who's planning to get new equipment in '08/'09?

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Went to a ski swap Friday night. This appears to have been "the" social event of the year here in Boise -- it took well over an hour just to get in, and we all paid for the privelege! In the end, it also took about an hour to get back out...

There were a LOT of skis in the exhibition hall at the fair grounds. More than a few snowboards too, and then all the rest of the stuff! I've never seen so much ski stuff in one place at one time before! We were looking for Lotta Luv 153's. Found two pair, ridden hard and put up wet. I decided against them, even though I like those skis a LOT! after demoing a couple of times last season.

Saw some Salomon Origins -- brand new -- that I considered for a wee bit. I don't really know anything about them, but they were brand new, y'know?

Atomic Sugar Mamas and Elan Mag Spice caught my attention. Well, the Mag Spice caught DH's attention more. He's got this thing for orange, firey looking skis. I couldn't remember reading much about the Mag Spice here, but I was sure I remembered good things about the Sugar Mamas. Both pair were used, but looked more loved than the Luvs we'd found. So, I grabbed a swap volunteer to ask some questions. The plan was to find out how these compare to the K2. We talked about my experiences last winter with various Luvs (I also skied Tough once and I own True), and the Rossi Bandits that I just couldn't find any kind of love for. Oh, and those Nordica skis that I just couldn't ski worth beans!

Settled on the Sugar Mamas. THEN we asked this guy to suggest something for DH. He's always been an aggressive skier, but has come to the realization that he probably needs to slow down a little and have a bit more control. He's also not delighted with the chatter he's been experiencing on his old Salomon X-screams. Ski Dude took him RIGHT to a pair of new (last season's) K2 Apache Raiders. System bindings mounted already -- and a discount coupon to get them set for his boots.

Daughter thought it was unfair that DH gets new, and I've got used -- personally, I don't mind, since his X-Screeams were in a demo program when he got them, and I got new when I got the True Luvs. This feels quite fair to me!

Turned out -- when we got this coupon to get our skis set up for our boots -- that Ski Dude works at the shop where I got my boots last year, and have our old skis waiting to be picked up from getting tuned for this season. Talk about convenient!

Bring on the snow!!!

(It's raining up there today. This is not good. We need a temperature drop!)

Karen in Boise

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After going to the Colorado Ski & Snowboard Expo on Friday, I am the proud owner of Phat Luvs!:love:

WildKitten

Certified Ski Diva
Sounds like I'm not the only one who did well at a swap this weekend!

I got a pair of Dynstar Exclusive Fluids at our local swap on Saturday. They are 07-08 demo models , nice and clean, with the Nova AFC Fluid bindings.

Earlier this year I got a new pair of Dynstar Exclusive Legends. So that's two new pair for me this season!

skiso

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking forward to my new pair of 2007 Dynastar Legends that I bought at the end of the season last year, as well as my (older) boots recently tweaked with a custom foot-bed etc. by a local professional boot fitter.

(The boot fitting was inspired by advice on this site. It was a smart move and long overdue!)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking forward to my new pair of 2007 Dynastar Legends that I bought at the end of the season last year, as well as my (older) boots recently tweaked with a custom foot-bed etc. by a local professional boot fitter.

(The boot fitting was inspired by advice on this site. It was a smart move and long overdue!)
Yay!!:thumbsup:

Bumblebee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
New boots: Current ones make me cry and my toenails drop off - toes turning purple after 2 hours also a bad sign?

New skis: Looking at Nomad Crimson(169) or Hot Rod Afterburner (170) - I'm not tall but I sure am heavy! :eyebrows:

New pants & jackets - just because. :redface:

New gloves & goggles - current have reached the end of their useful life. RIP.

Not replacing: helmet, socks.

altagirl

Staff member
Do they have the Dynafit inserts available for those yet? I heard a rumor that they didn't.

You are going to LOOOOOOOOOOVE the Dynafits, BTW. Best skiing purchase ever.

They come with the Dynafit inserts and you have to buy the DIN blocks if you want those.

The Factors are the opposite and they come without Dynafit inserts and then you have to buy them separately.

I'm not sure what the logic is there... but it worked out for me! :smile:

rangergrrl

Certified Ski Diva
Well after almost a year of searching I finally found a boot that will actually close over my calve muscles! The Salomon Charm 7 is my new boot for this year. Thank you Salomon for finally creating a boot for those of us short people with calves! I haven't skiied in these yet but...just finding a boot that will close was a major win!

altagirl

Staff member
So my new AT setup is at Black Diamond getting mounted up. new Dynafits, Elan 999's (used), and my new BD Shiva AT boots. Yay!

outdoor divas

Certified Ski Diva
In reference to the Phat Luvs~They are called Luv for a reason. A great phat ski that still likes to turn!!! I skied it several times last season even on non-powder days and had a blast.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We hit the swap this weekend and managed to get out for only $35! Hubby found a really nice huge Volkl rolly bag with zip-off laptop back pack and couldn't pass it up (we paid $140 for mine new, without the zip-off feature :(). He's pretty darn happy.

We did help our friends spend $$ though.....skis x2, boots, poles, helmets x2.

PNWSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been able to get away with only getting custom foot beds and I am VERY excited about them. I've been trying to be really good about spending although I forsee getting new goggles this season. I did spend money getting my son new mittens, jacket, helmet, and socks. Luckily his bib from last year has extendable legs so I may even be able to squeeze another year out of them.

PNWSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do have to add that this site is not a good influence! All of these great deals and skis and reviews...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga