• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where did you/will you end your 2018-2019 ski season?

aurafan

Certified Ski Diva
Have been having a fabulous time at Squaw Valley this week. yesterday it had even frozen the night before and the snow was like "real snow" all day. when it warms up, gets too heavy for me--but it's still great here! But my last day (sadly) will probably be within a few days... although they'll be open, my husband and I will probably stop while the conditions are as good as they are now!

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
It is obvious to me I have to hit the lottery and retire or move to a ski town and be a liftie. How else can I get more days :crazy:.

Jenny

Angel Diva
OK, I'm admitting it's over now. Organized the ski stuff storage tub and took them back down the basement for the summer, so it's official.

We ended with two days at Nubs, back in early April, on closing weekend.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Definitely skiing my last day this coming Sunday the 12. Arizona Snowbowl is anticipating another little snowstorm this week!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Mammoth, probably in late June. Though they say that they will be open "at least" until July 7, conditions eventually get a bit too sketchy for me.

We have been at Mammoth since last Thursday and the spring skiing right now is excellent. For some reason, I am skiing better now than I have all year. This gives me hope for a really great 2019 /2020 season!

IMG_20190506_115003554_1557184810236.jpg

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski season finale: May 10, 2019. Preston Peak, Wasatch, overlooking Brighton. Elevation 10,315 ft.

Skinned up to my brother's birthday party at the peak. ski down, grippy snow but pretty fun---no other humanoids on any runs above the base (except our party).

(first time no blisters from the uphill. Moleskin + paper surg tape + thin socks + duct tape on sock).

Attachments

• 0124ab55deee04a6f82eee34dff795224a061fd09a.jpg
    0124ab55deee04a6f82eee34dff795224a061fd09a.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 017a529093a790a80750314baf17efbd3b67b62f52.jpg
    017a529093a790a80750314baf17efbd3b67b62f52.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 8
  • 019acd6501424b96d6e7e784f8e9798211d07a49fd.jpg
    019acd6501424b96d6e7e784f8e9798211d07a49fd.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 8

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
EDIT: DATE WAS MAY 5, 2019 (not today the 10th) oopsie.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So my season wound up ending on July 6th at Beartooth Basin. I also skied there on July 5th, and skied Beartooth Pass (backcountry skiing on Gardner Headwall) on the 4th of July. First time skiing in July, and the snow was still good! Altitude was just under 11,000ft.

MOST impressive. Good for you!

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:eek: THAT looks STEEP! And majorly bumped out. Impressive skiing there!!
Thank you! ☺️ It was super steep and bumpy! When I was there in June the snow was much smoother... this time in July when I looked over the edge I was pretty scared. My first two drops in were terrifying, partly also because it was morning and the snow was still a bit firm. It softens up a lot in the afternoon and that’s when it gets really fun.

Funny story, the first time I skied Beartooth Basin was June of last year with my husband, and for some reason neither of us thought to actually go and look over the edge before buying our full-day tickets (they run a poma lift there, spring/summer only). When we skied up to the edge of the cornice for the first time and looked down, we both just looked at each other and had the same thought at the same moment... that we had just wasted our money and were going to have to go home without actually skiing there. But after a few minutes of summoning our courage we finally dropped in and then got hooked. It’s so fun and there are so many good skiers there to watch and learn from. Great friendly and encouraging vibe, too! This year my husband was dropping in to an even steeper spot(!!) and ski patrol was coaching me on how I could do the same. (Maybe next year!)

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you! ☺️ It was super steep and bumpy! When I was there in June the snow was much smoother... this time in July when I looked over the edge I was pretty scared. My first two drops in were terrifying, partly also because it was morning and the snow was still a bit firm. It softens up a lot in the afternoon and that’s when it gets really fun.

Funny story, the first time I skied Beartooth Basin was June of last year with my husband, and for some reason neither of us thought to actually go and look over the edge before buying our full-day tickets (they run a poma lift there, spring/summer only). When we skied up to the edge of the cornice for the first time and looked down, we both just looked at each other and had the same thought at the same moment... that we had just wasted our money and were going to have to go home without actually skiing there. But after a few minutes of summoning our courage we finally dropped in and then got hooked. It’s so fun and there are so many good skiers there to watch and learn from. Great friendly and encouraging vibe, too! This year my husband was dropping in to an even steeper spot(!!) and ski patrol was coaching me on how I could do the same. (Maybe next year!)
I would have taken one look over the edge and said, "NOPE!"

marzNC

Angel Diva
That was definitely my first thought too!
This year my husband was dropping in to an even steeper spot(!!) and ski patrol was coaching me on how I could do the same. (Maybe next year!)
Very cool that ski patrol helps out in that way. Think I'll make a note about Bogus Basin for a May or June ski safari out west for future reference.

Having skied with you at GT, I'm not surprised you went for it. :smile:

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I ended up at Mammoth on May 29th, skied 30th, 31, June 1,2,3. Red eye flight home. A blast with several Divas that were there. My season was 70 days and I skied every month Nov 2018-June 2019!!
Wishing I was still out there. Now planning next years adventures..

Nice group we had: @VickiK @mustski @floridakeysskibum @SnowHot @snow cat @WaterGirl (not in this photo) and some DH's and other Die Hard Skiers. What a blast.. AND I demo'd skis!! 1562713654545.png
Met Marcus Caston :-) w/ @snow cat 1562713718328.png

1562713790201.png
Not having any fun LOL

Conditions were AMAZING! 1562713832556.png
Cornice was superb (The gondola was undergoing maintenance so no climax)
1562713912222.png

Counting down the days until I ski again........1562713964753.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna