• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Bad Sisters was brilliant - had me doubled up laughing a lot of the time - very well done & who killed “The Prick” really took me by surprise!

Just finished watching "Bad Sisters" last night. Omigosh, so much fun! Highly recommend.

Anyone get BritBox? A good one there is "Stonehouse," based on the true story of a British member of Parliament who faked his own death.

Last edited:

altagirl

Staff member
I am loving Lessons in Chemistry. LOL my parents called in the meddle of an episode and I was crying. Hah, my dad said tell me the name of the show so i know what not to watch. I don't need that. But the dog perspective! Omg.

Christy

Angel Diva
I too am loving Lessons in Chemistry. Six-Thirty was going to be a very tough character to do justice to--his perspective is one of the main ones in the book. I almost started crying when the voice over came on in Episode 3. I do wish they'd do a little more with him in general.

I'm also not sure about the changes to the Harriet character. I get why they made the changes, it's an important (and the context is true) story, but it almost feels too big and too much of a deviation for this story.

Christy

Angel Diva
I've been enjoying Reservation Dogs (Hulu) as well. The show was written, directed, and acted all by American Indians and shot in Oklahoma. There's a lot of darkness for sure but it's funny, too, and there are some real oddball characters. If the trailer looks interesting, give it a shot.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been enjoying Reservation Dogs (Hulu) as well. The show was written, directed, and acted all by American Indians and shot in Oklahoma. There's a lot of darkness for sure but it's funny, too, and there are some real oddball characters. If the trailer looks interesting, give it a shot.

I almost forgot this is one on my list. I'd seen a trailer for it some time ago. Thanks for the reminder!

Christy

Angel Diva
*Lessons in Chemistry spoilers below in case you haven't watched to the end*

I still think it was a well done show but I'm puzzled by some of the changes they made (vs the book). What was the point of including Six-Thirty's story if they weren't going to include his big moment? So we learn what he was trained to do, and how he feels guilty over Calvin's death...and the show just leaves us hanging with that. He's just a pillow for Mad the rest of the series. And I can understand why they reformulated the Harriet character, but why make her story about the freeway rather than what it must have taken for her to become successful professionally?

lizski

Diva in Training
'No Bounds To Ride' on Airtime Streaming! https://watch.airtimestreaming.com/film/no-bounds-to-ride/

As I wrote in a Butter Mag article about it, "I love this short about a road trip from UT to Revelstoke because of the unique storytelling and visuals - it’s not just a ski montage, it’s Meg Matheson’s birthday, it’s Molly Armanino competing in Kings & Queens of Corbets, it’s a Leah Woods concert. Not to mention they all also rip."

Mariem

Certified Ski Diva
We were late to Ted Lasso, but just finished it and loved it. So sad to see it end. We went on to watch The Morning Show and we're loving it. Very good character development. Also working on "Julia," about Julia Child, her TV show, her marriage, and her friendships. Quite lovely. We finished the second season of The Gilded Age and I'm looking forward to next season! I'm going to scroll through this thread chain for recommendations! Thanks, ladies.

Christy

Angel Diva
Did anyone else just finish the latest season of Fargo? I don't normally like violent content but I got sucked in. What a great story and VERY interesting ending.

altagirl

Staff member
Did anyone else just finish the latest season of Fargo? I don't normally like violent content but I got sucked in. What a great story and VERY interesting ending.
It's the best one by far. Loved it so much! Also note the seasons stand alone so it would still be good even if you've never seen any other Fargo.

Christy

Angel Diva
I just discovered there's a BBC series (4 episodes) adaptation of Kate Atkinson's Life After Life. I'm watching it for free via Kanopy (you sign up for this and watch free via your library card number). It's so good! What a tricky book to make into a series or movie, but they nailed it.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
More recommendations:

Netflix has One Day. The plot is similar to the 2011 film of the same name, except it's a series.

Also, 3 Body Problem. Intriguing sci-fi, lots of science stuff; flashbacks to the Cultural Revolution in China move character development and plot forward.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
We're really enjoying The Tourist on Netflix. It's about a guy who wakes up in the Australian Outback with no memory of who he is or what he's done. Also liking The Gentleman, which is on Netflix, too. This is about a British aristocrat who inherits his family's estate, only to learn that it's home to an enormous weed empire.

Last edited:

lisamamot

Angel Diva
More recommendations:

Netflix has One Day. The plot is similar to the 2011 film of the same name, except it's a series.

Also, 3 Body Problem. Intriguing sci-fi, lots of science stuff; flashbacks to the Cultural Revolution in China move character development and plot forward.
One Day was really good

I have recently watched and enjoyed:
All the light we cannot see. Fantastic book as well
Fool me Once
Love at First Sight

Currently watching The Gentleman

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm really enjoying Shogun on Disney - not sure how many more episodes there are but it's been excellent so far. I feel that there are many subtleties of Japanese etiquette and body language that I'm oblivious to so if someone else has watched the last couple of episodes and can explain if there was some significance to the movement of the cups in the willow world bit I'd love to know! It's quite gory but beautifully shot.

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Night agent, bodyguard and the recruit are my latest favorites. I'm rather addicted to the night agent. In my 4th watch since it came out. Gonna read the book. Want to get it on DVD.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I just discovered there's a BBC series (4 episodes) adaptation of Kate Atkinson's Life After Life. I'm watching it for free via Kanopy (you sign up for this and watch free via your library card number). It's so good! What a tricky book to make into a series or movie, but they nailed it.

Loved this book. Thanks for the heads up!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna