• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Schitt's Creek. Hilarious and also very feel-good comedy. If you're sad that Ted Lasso is over, this is great series to binge.

I think my top 3 shows that I just love to binge because they are really funny while being fundamentally decent and positive and lovely worlds to spend time in are Parks and Recreation, Ted Lasso, and Schitt's Creek. If anyone has other recommendations in this sort of genre I would love to hear!
I'd add Community to that list. One of our very favorites!

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
Schitt's Creek. Hilarious and also very feel-good comedy. If you're sad that Ted Lasso is over, this is great series to binge.

I think my top 3 shows that I just love to binge because they are really funny while being fundamentally decent and positive and lovely worlds to spend time in are Parks and Recreation, Ted Lasso, and Schitt's Creek. If anyone has other recommendations in this sort of genre I would love to hear!
I would put The Good Place into that funny, feel-good category. And Kim's Convenience.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but What We Do in the Shadows is a hilarious show. It's on FX and is available to stream on Hulu. It's a mockumentary-style show about some idiot vampires who live on Staten Island with their familiar Guillermo.

JayZeeSquared

Certified Ski Diva

30 Rock! More satirical than feel-good but it's my favorite show.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Any UNCHAINED fans? OMG, this new docuseries on Netflix is da bomb. If you have ever wondered why on earth anyone would follow professional cycling, or what the appeal is, or just want to know more about bike racing this is for you. "Endurance sport but with a team with chess" is how one team manager aptly defines professional cycling. How a cycling team work, strategy (lots of strategy) training, psychology, crashes, pain, triumph and disappointment in the Tour de France.... highly recommended.

geargrrl

Angel Diva

really bummed it's not on one of the services I subscribe to - Ted Lasso that is

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I re-watched Breaking Bad. I felt the same malaise come over me as the seasons progressed, but I was prepared for it. Watched it at a slower pace. I love the Sopranos but BB is really up there on the same caliber of writing and acting. @Bookworm @santacruz skier , I visited the BB store in Albuquerque that afternoon. What a trip!

Watched Silo. Dystopian post-apocalyptic society. I liked the rebellious and independent-minded female lead character 'Juliette Nichols' very much and I like Tim Robbins whatever kind of character he plays. Overall a little depressing but I'll watch season 2 whenever it comes out.

Watched Foundation, another futuristic sci-fi show, and am watching its season 2. I didn't read the book and apparently the show strays far from the books. Like Silo, it can be confusing and slow, but it still caught my attention. It's beautifully done. The concepts of a tri-clone emperor(s), 4th dimension concepts keep me on my toes.

Am re-watching Ted Lasso in the middle of all this dark stuff!

Last edited:

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
We finished Better Call Saul recently (all the seasons are on Netflix now), which felt more and more like Breaking Bad 2 as the series went on, I thought. I really enjoyed them both. We're gonna be in Albuquerque in October, I should see what other BB stuff there is to check out.

I also just watched Bad Sisters on Apple TV, which is just one 10 episode season. It was really good! Both funny and dark, which was odd, but they did a good job with it.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not sure if anyone is into any Korean dramas. I recently watched Alchemy of Souls and it was sooo good, it's probably one of my favorite TV shows now. It has some humor, magic, beautiful visuals and I think the actors did a great job.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like Korean dramas. Alchemy of Souls is always on the 'top' lists, but I haven't watched it yet.

It takes 2-3 episodes and then I get sucked in hard. I recommend It's OK Not to be OK and Eternal Monarch.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I like Korean dramas. Alchemy of Souls is always on the 'top' lists, but I haven't watched it yet.

It takes 2-3 episodes and then I get sucked in hard. I recommend It's OK Not to be OK and Eternal Monarch.
Ohh, thank you for sharing, I will put them on my list!

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a new obsession that's not exactly a TV show but a YouTube series. It's Mystery Menu from NYT cooking. Two chefs (working together as a team) make a full meal using 1 mystery ingredient in 1 hour. There are no stakes in this competition, just amazing cooking. By two people who are having a lot of fun doing it. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYG6O_GQCZwikXIXw5p0vFQBif-RxUpHy

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I re-watched Breaking Bad. I felt the same malaise come over me as the seasons progressed, but I was prepared for it. Watched it at a slower pace. I love the Sopranos but BB is really up there on the same caliber of writing and acting. @Bookworm @santacruz skier , I visited the BB store in Albuquerque that afternoon. What a trip!

Watched Silo. Dystopian post-apocalyptic society. I liked the rebellious and independent-minded female lead character 'Juliette Nichols' very much and I like Tim Robbins whatever kind of character he plays. Overall a little depressing but I'll watch season 2 whenever it comes out.

Watched Foundation, another futuristic sci-fi show, and am watching its season 2. I didn't read the book and apparently the show strays far from the books. Like Silo, it can be confusing and slow, but it still caught my attention. It's beautifully done. The concepts of a tri-clone emperor(s), 4th dimension concepts keep me on my toes.

Am re-watching Ted Lasso in the middle of all this dark stuff!
I rewatched Breaking Bad when I was waiting for the last season of BCS to be released. Did you find that you were more sympathetic to Skylar and way less sympathetic to Walter?

Speaking of dark stuff, I just watched squid game. Yikes.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
We finished Better Call Saul recently (all the seasons are on Netflix now), which felt more and more like Breaking Bad 2 as the series went on, I thought. I really enjoyed them both. We're gonna be in Albuquerque in October, I should see what other BB stuff there is to check out.

I also just watched Bad Sisters on Apple TV, which is just one 10 episode season. It was really good! Both funny and dark, which was odd, but they did a good job with it.
I think BCS turning into BB might have been by design. I may have mentioned it in the past, but I remember when they announced they were making a spinoff, my son and I were sooo excited. When we heard it was about Saul Goodman, we were disappointed. I ended up enjoying BCS MORE than BB, though.

I also really enjoyed Bad Sisters. I loved the dynamics between the girls.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
My daughter is watching House now, and I'm finding that the show has stood the test of time pretty well. If you haven't seen that one, I highly recommend it. I may have to look for more David Shore shows to watch, but I doubt any of them are as high quality as House.

Another older show to watch is The West Wing. It's eerie how so many of the subjects of the show are still relevant today (sadly). It's well written and the cast is dynamite.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Speaking of House, The Night Porter with Tom Hiddleston & Hugh Lawrie is a great and short espionage thriller, filled with beautiful places and glamorous people.

Did you find that you were more sympathetic to Skylar and way less sympathetic to Walter?
Yes, I did feel more sympathetic to Skyler in general, and with her growing depression especially. I recognized Walter as a true monster much earlier in the story arc. That might have helped me avoid a dark feeling or malaise that I developed watching BB the first time around. Hank's story hit me harder this time around, so did Jesse's struggle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna