• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

Lmk92

Angel Diva
Speaking of House, The Night Porter with Tom Hiddleston & Hugh Lawrie is a great and short espionage thriller, filled with beautiful places and glamorous people.
Yes, agreed!
Yes, I did feel more sympathetic to Skyler in general, and with her growing depression especially. I recognized Walter as a true monster much earlier in the story arc. That might have helped me avoid a dark feeling or malaise that I developed watching BB the first time around. Hank's story hit me harder this time around, so did Jesse's struggle.
I remember actually rooting for Walter, as I guess we were supposed to, and feeling more and more and more uncomfortable with it. And not liking Skyler, even though she was right all along. The second viewing allowed me to focus more on the nuances of the characters, because I knew where the plot was going. And I was horrified that I rooted for this guy at all. You can see what a jerk he clearly is from the beginning, and you can hints of the darkness. I think Vince Gilligan is a master story teller.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
***Not the Night Porter, the NIGHT MANAGER. The former is an old movie I do NOT recommend.
The Night Manager is what I meant.

bambam

Angel Diva
I think BCS turning into BB might have been by design. I may have mentioned it in the past, but I remember when they announced they were making a spinoff, my son and I were sooo excited. When we heard it was about Saul Goodman, we were disappointed. I ended up enjoying BCS MORE than BB, though.

I also really enjoyed Bad Sisters. I loved the dynamics between the girls.
Bad Sisters was brilliant - had me doubled up laughing a lot of the time - very well done & who killed “The Prick” really took me by surprise!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've started getting into Virgin River; I find the storyline pretty predictable but my god, the scenery! Apparently filmed not too far from Vancouver and I need to pack my stuff and go there right now.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've started getting into Virgin River; I find the storyline pretty predictable but my god, the scenery! Apparently filmed not too far from Vancouver and I need to pack my stuff and go there right now.
I just started watching it today and so far so good !!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sex Education. how did I miss this absolute gem of a show? Well, deliberately as the title put me off but binged to series 3 and it's one of the warmest, affirming and confronting shows I've seen: genuinely funny in places, sometimes cringey but I love the way it tackles teenagers coming to terms with their sex and gender identities in a non-judgmental way whilst showing the effects of not understanding what's happening to their bodies on mental health.

The scene in Series 2 where the girls in detention bond after one of them was sexually assaulted, by each telling the stories they have hidden of harassment, groping, being cat called and intimidation almost brought me to tears.

The cast are mostly young but excellent actors one and all. And my god, Gillian Anderson gets more beautiful with age.

Amie H

Angel Diva
***Not the Night Porter, the NIGHT MANAGER. The former is an old movie I do NOT recommend.
The Night Manager is what I meant.
The Night Porter (with Kirk Bogarde and Charlotte Rampling) is a super weird and creepy movie and is now available to stream on WatchTCM if anyone wants to see an utterly tasteless premise that could never be made today. Essentially a Nazi/concentration camp fetish movie. I have no idea whose idea that was. Yuck.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sex Education. how did I miss this absolute gem of a show? Well, deliberately as the title put me off but binged to series 3 and it's one of the warmest, affirming and confronting shows I've seen: genuinely funny in places, sometimes cringey but I love the way it tackles teenagers coming to terms with their sex and gender identities in a non-judgmental way whilst showing the effects of not understanding what's happening to their bodies on mental health.

The scene in Series 2 where the girls in detention bond after one of them was sexually assaulted, by each telling the stories they have hidden of harassment, groping, being cat called and intimidation almost brought me to tears.

The cast are mostly young but excellent actors one and all. And my god, Gillian Anderson gets more beautiful with age.
Side note - the gorgeous house used in the series is up for sale, so if you have a bit of spare cash... : https://www.houseandgarden.co.uk/article/sex-education-house-sale-symonds-yat-chalet

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So we've just watched Beckham on Netflix and I have to say we loved it.
It wasnt on my radar at all but everyone was raving about it so we gave it a go and were hooked even though we dont follow football (soccer).
I admit it might not be for everyone but its worth a quick look at least.

The other one we're going to watch is Jimmy Chins movie NYAD that's just landed on Netflix.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@tinymoose we finally got around to watching What We Do in the Shadows- it's hilarious and we are addicted! We just saw the episode with the Vampire Council with the cameos of famous actors who played vampires in movies- so amazing that they pulled that off!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@tinymoose we finally got around to watching What We Do in the Shadows- it's hilarious and we are addicted! We just saw the episode with the Vampire Council with the cameos of famous actors who played vampires in movies- so amazing that they pulled that off!
lol Wesley Snipes and his bugged zoom call. I really love that show. I've watched it an embarrassing number of times

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Netflix has just relesed "Nyad" about Diana Nyad, the long distane swimmer who swam from Cuba to Key West. Stunning, absolutely stunning. Starring Annette Bening and Jodie Foster. Don't miss this.
Sooooo good :love:
There may or may not have been tears but I am definitely booking into our local pool for some laps !!

Tvan

Angel Diva
Is anyone else watching “Lessons in Chemistry”? We are enjoying it very much.

We have finally caught up to the current episode of “The Morning Show.”
Wow. This is Jennifer Aniston’s best work. It’s riveting.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is anyone else watching “Lessons in Chemistry”? We are enjoying it very much.

We have finally caught up to the current episode of “The Morning Show.”
Wow. This is Jennifer Aniston’s best work. It’s riveting.
I read the Lessons in Chemistry book. Wasn’t sure if I’d like the show or be disappointed.

Good to know you like Morning Show- hadn’t heard if it was any good.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I read the Lessons in Chemistry book. Wasn’t sure if I’d like the show or be disappointed.
It's been awhile since I read the book, so I might not remember everything, but I am enjoying it, as is DH.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna