• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What does a Diva drive?

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Farmgirl,I ski the Canterbury fields mostly(Hutt,BR and Craigieburn).In the northern winter the Espace Killy has been a favourite for years but I would love to go back to Japan.How about you?
Queenstown and Wanaka is where I ski. However this year I skied exclusively at CP and Remarks as I spent heaps on lessons and courses so needed to stick to my season pass. Really enjoyed Utah 2 years ago, have lots of places yet to go- Japan is on the list. I am planning to get to the club fields one day too, my brother and family ski up there.
Just so we keep to the topic- they drive an Outback. Me- Ford territory, Toyota Hylux. I prefer 4 wheel drive for our NZ roads. Although NZSki have been sealing the Remarkables road bit by bit, so we are getting it easy in Qtown.
How are the club field roads?

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The only road that isnt that great in my car is Olympus.All the others I've driven in my little 4wd caldina.we have a very old legacy too but she is ready for the wreckers yard.After heavy snow BR and craigieburn are fine going up(i think momentum and a clear road ahead are the key) but I've had a couple of moments coming down the craigieburn road.

2bjenny

Certified Ski Diva
Subaru Forester XT (2014) which replaced my little Subaru Impreza Sport wagon (2006) last year. I still have to lay one of the rear seats flat for my skis, but at least I can now fit skis and 2 Labrador retrievers. Plus, the turbo engine is amazing when driving over Teton Pass.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ahh, so many Subarus! We just bought a 2004 Outback with 95k miles on it (!!!) from our friends. Figured since it's been a California car most of its life, we can still get another 75k miles out of it, maybe, possibly. SO took it to the mountains this weekend through its first storm and he said the tires did not handle well, so it's time to start looking for some snow tires.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
2004 Outback with 95k miles on it (!!!) from our friends. Figured since it's been a California car most of its life, we can still get another 75k miles out of it, maybe, possibly.
'97 Outback of ours, sold to DS, is still on the road, with 205k. And not a CA car!

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another 75K! Pssshh, you have way more to go!

We sold my 1996 Outback 2 falls ago for $100o with a new inspection sticker on it with 268,000 miles- I called her Betty- I still see her around town!

I upgraded to my "new" 2001 Forester S after that- with a sunroof! <3! With 154,000 miles (now 191,000). I call her Bella.

And my Thule ski box was inherited from an aunt, it's older than I am.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
'97 Outback of ours, sold to DS, is still on the road, with 205k. And not a CA car!

Another 75K! Pssshh, you have way more to go!

We sold my 1996 Outback 2 falls ago for $100o with a new inspection sticker on it with 268,000 miles- I called her Betty- I still see her around town!

I upgraded to my "new" 2001 Forester S after that- with a sunroof! <3! With 154,000 miles (now 191,000). I call her Bella.

And my Thule ski box was inherited from an aunt, it's older than I am.

AMAZING. I thought the 200k+ mile Outback was an urban legend. I think we got our money's worth! Just need to think of a name now...

What's it like to see your old car around town??? I would be so nostalgic. My drive-around-town-car is a 2003 Chevy Cavalier with 112,000 miles, and his name is Opie. Whenever I see any Cavalier I yell out his name cause they are pretty rare around here.

My partner got his Yakima for free too when he was out here for work a few years ago cause the it got a crack in it and the previous owner didn't want to fix it. !?!? It's since been epoxied like three times but it's still hanging on. Just moved the Yakima over from the '99 Blazer with something like 175k miles on it (hoping we'll get rid of this soon...I mean...we do not need 3 cars...the idea of the Subaru was to get down to 1 car)

iamOshawott

Certified Ski Diva
I have a 2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek (first car!). I think the next car would be a Outback...in 10 years!

Enough space for me and the boyfriend, just need to fold down 1 rear seat for skis and snowboards for Whistler and any of the Vancouver local north shore mountains. Have to fold all the seats down though if we are going somewhere far.

* inserts dirty subbie picture* - that's what they are made for right? :smile:

index.php

Attachments

• IMAG2027.jpg
    IMAG2027.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 127

ZealouslyB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We saw my old Outback a month or so ago. I sold it 5 years ago with around 300k on it.
WOOHOO!!

I love seeing my old car around town, it is very nostalgic. Occasionally I've waved but I don't think they remember that I sold it to them and just think I'm weird, lol.

powderfan

Certified Ski Diva
We choose our family car by trying out in which car four pairs of skis would fit, without folding the backseats down, so we don't need to use a ski box or a roofrack. And of course all luggage for a week of skiing. Last season my son started snowboarding. But as he still likes to ski a couple of days with us, parents, it means we now have to take four pairs of skis and a snowboard besides the luggage. That doesn't fit all inside the car, so now we use a skibox on the roof.

P.S. We drive a Renault Scenic Long (a French car)

Jersey Fresh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I drive a fancy red mazda 6 but my horse/ ski SUV is a 2004 Chevy suburban. It blows my mind that 4 of us can fill the back of it for a weekend trip!

Jersey Fresh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Haha it just seems so big. i have to crawl in there to get stuff out of the trunk. Actually after fitting 5 adults and all of our gear in there, Ive thought about getting a roof rack and the third row seat (dad threw mine out before I got this truck from him)

Duckie

Certified Ski Diva
Well I had been driving an 06 Grand Caravan since 06, but I totaled it when I hit a deer just before Christmas. So I looked back and read what other Diva's are cruising in for advice on what to get. I had my heart set on a Subaru Crosstrek since this last summer. No way I can afford a car payment right now so I took a leap of faith and bought a 2005 Subaru Outback with 190,000 miles on it. Luckily it's from the south and has no rust. Crossing my fingers that it lasts at least 2 years until I can afford car payments again. Now to tint the windows and and put in remote start.my Outback.jpg

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mini Clubman....not exactly ski trip friendly, though you can get a pair or two of skis in and a front seat passenger.

Our other car is a Skoda Yeti (don't know if you have them in North America). Medium sized 4WD (probably regarded as small over the pond). Years ago Skodas were the butt of endless jokes as they were made in Czechoslovakia and fell to bits all the time. Now they are owned by VW, it's a cool car. Top Gear did an amazing stunt with one, when they landed a small helicopter on the roof!

alicie

Angel Diva
The yeti is adorable.

I drive a kia c'eed 2 estate. It's cute, not that big but I know it like the back of my hand. I know what it can do and I love him, he's mine. Well technically he's not, but I'm lead on the insurance so I call him mine. It's surpsringly good in the snow, good mpg (averages about 40-45 in town, 50+ on motorway), it costs just under £60 for a tank but that lasts about 350-400 miles usually, it can easily do 450 on tank with about 50-100, on an 8 hour motorway run.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
:smile:Would you believe a VWBeetle convertible? No, not a good ski car. Had a Honda Passport 4WD for 15 years! Decided to size down and get something sporty, so BF has to drive his Subaru Outback (which he loves and has owned several)!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga