• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What do you think of "No Snowboards" policy?

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
i had been without DSL service ~ a month when I posted the above & had not yet seen the video.

And I agree, once i saw the videos, it was the one with the girls that just annoyed me. And they wonder why some skiers have an issue with boarders.

alaski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The sad thing to me is that it's not just at the resorts anymore. I went backcountry skiing the other day and a bunch of boarders had booted it right up the skin track, wrecking the skin track for all the skiers. Another weekend a friend of mine got some colorful responses when he suggested to boarders that they use snowshoes on the skin track. At the resorts they wreck the high traverses with their boots. It's so rude and thoughtless. Whether it's indicative of the sport itself or the general trend towards rudeness, I don't know; I just know there are a hell of a lot of rude and dangerous boarders out there.

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The more comfortable I get on skis, the more tolerant I am of snow boarders, and other skiers -- the "nice" ones and the "naughty" ones.

ON THE OTHER HAND,

The resort wasn't NEARLY crowded enough yesterday morning for the way the boarder came screaming around us like we were those bamboo poles and he was in a race on a cat track -- as he passed under the HUGE orange SLOW sign!

It really doesn't matter HOW good he was -- he looked great, obviously under complete control of that speed, but what that kind of thing does to the people around him...

Kano

climber.girl1

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
climber.girl1 said:
I heard about this poaching contest about a month or two ago, and I actually watched four videos on the Burton web site, one for each of the four resorts. What struck me the most was this:

{snip}

At the third resort, Deer Valley, the boarders screamed down the mountain doing everything, and I mean EVERYTHING (except sit in the middle of a run) that makes people dislike boarders. They flew past people in slow zones, they cut across people's tips and tails. They scared people. They endangered people. They acted like TOTAL a$$es. And get this. At least two of them were girls!

Watching this with my partner, who taught skiing for nine years, and now splits his time between skis and a board, we both agreed that it was that kind of behavior that kept boarders in a negative light. These are the people who should simple have their passes pulled at ANY resort. But I DO believe they are the minority.

Sorry to quote myself, but I put this in the Mad River Glen poaching thread a while ago, and I want to say it again, LOUDLY.

People who act like this, skiers or boarders, should simply HAVE THEIR PASSES PULLED AND NOT BE ALLOWED BACK! :mad2:

alaski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That video made me laugh at one thing - that the resort security guys that talked to the girls actually bought the wide-eyed innocent act. They really should have been cited for reckless endangerment by real cops, the way they acted on that hill.

In the end, though, it makes those girls look like even bigger jerks considering the resort tried to be nice to them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga