• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are your goals or what are you most looking forward to for the 2019/2020 ski season?

Jersey Ski Girl

Certified Ski Diva
I just got back into skiing last year after a 20+ year hiatus. The first chairlift ride had me wondering why I ever stopped!

I got an Ikon Pass for this season and bought boots last season.

This year I want to buy skis. I'm looking at the Santa Ana 88's and hope to demo them early in the season.

I live in So Cal but I'm on the road for work this year (in Chicago through Christmas and then to New Orleans for 6 months) so I'm hoping to take some trips most likely to Colorado to ski. I'm keeping my eye on Copper possibly for Thanksgiving.

Goals:
* demo skis and buy my own pair
* take advantage of the Ikon Pass and take 4 + weekend trips to ski
* take a lesson with someone who can help me translate my old school, straight ski skills to modern skis

Looking forward to:
* getting out there on the snow!
* meeting people, making new ski friends
Great goals! Sound good to me! I want to ski more and work less! Most importantly I want to stay safe and meet new friends!

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m joining the ski bumps and trees better contingent. Of course stay safe and have fun and also work on my upper and lower body separation. Also improve my fall line skiing especially in steeper terrain. Looking forward to doing some travel to ski and hopefully a chance to use my fat(er) skis—99s— I got at a demo closeout last season and haven’t skied yet. And I want to try tele skiing this season too!

Jersey Ski Girl

Certified Ski Diva
I have the IKON pass again this year and am willing to try anywhere. I loved Winter Park, Copper, Steamboat (too far from Denver airport) Taos was nice but too far out of the way from Denver. I just found cheap flights and drove around to ski with my hubby last year. (He blew out his knee the last run at Steamboat and now has a partial knee replacement. He thinks he can ski this year but I am doubtful since he could barely walk without pain a couple months ago.) I will go to Killington, Stratton and anywhere else in the Northeast on the IKON. I am willing to try anywhere that I can manage to afford....:yahoo:

Littlesonique

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To use my ICON pass like crazy at lots of destinations (a girl can dream). I’ll be happy with 5 destinations. I’m booked for a Mammoth and Deer Valley already. I want to try Alta and maybe Solitude. maybe have a go at Aspen.

Buy skis. Snow Jam in a few weeks

Ski faster

P:becky:wder and Trees
1 trick. Any trick but just 1 :ski2:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Goals feel pretty much the same.

1) Have fun on the slopes, both small hills and big mountains
2) Make good use of lessons to improve on complex terrain
3) Meet more Divas in person

What I'm most looking forward to:
1) skiing Alta mid-season because it's been a few years
2) checking out Steamboat
3) skiing with friends at Massanutten and out west

lisamamot

Angel Diva
to actually ski. Torn labrum, tendon and sports hernia in my right hip. Those Ikon passes need not go to waste!

Oh, no!! So very sorry to read this

My intentions for this season-
  • Ski more! Although no traveling to ski this year, we are so excited to have a home mountain
  • Join the Mug Club, lol.
  • Spend more time in bumps and powder.....practice, practice.
  • AT - get comfortable inbounds (early morning, wind hold days) and then take part in another women’s course.

kiranbot

Certified Ski Diva
I'm a little nervous about setting achievable goals, because beginner curves are so steep. I'm on my second season skiing, but I had a weird first season -- I got out 30 days last year, due to a week-long honeymoon in Vail + an incredibly long season in California (spring skiing at Alpine in May!!)

Going from barely skiing --> anything is a ~9000x improvement, and I'm not going to match that again this year. With that in mind!

Goals:
1) Ski at least 20 times. <-- same
2) Practice moguls more, and try a tree run (there's one at Northstar I have my eye on...)
3) Learn to ski powder.

Stretch goals:
4) Try an intro to AT course (?), and see if an AIARE 1 makes sense this year.
5) Ski The Wall at Kirkwood again. (Last March, it had enough snow that the cornice was almost filled in, and the run was fine, if mogul-y. I'm not confident about my ability when it's less snowed-in.)

1) I got some sweet boots!! No more poorly-fitting rentals!
2) Another Park City trip
3) Maybe the early-season camp at Alta?
4) SKIING!!!!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm a little nervous about setting achievable goals, because beginner curves are so steep. I'm on my second season skiing, but I had a weird first season -- I got out 30 days last year, due to a week-long honeymoon in Vail + an incredibly long season in California (spring skiing at Alpine in May!!)

Going from barely skiing --> anything is a ~9000x improvement, and I'm not going to match that again this year. With that in mind!

Goals:
1) Ski at least 20 times. <-- same
2) Practice moguls more, and try a tree run (there's one at Northstar I have my eye on...)
3) Learn to ski powder.

Stretch goals:
4) Try an intro to AT course (?), and see if an AIARE 1 makes sense this year.
5) Ski The Wall at Kirkwood again. (Last March, it had enough snow that the cornice was almost filled in, and the run was fine, if mogul-y. I'm not confident about my ability when it's less snowed-in.)

1) I got some sweet boots!! No more poorly-fitting rentals!
2) Another Park City trip
3) Maybe the early-season camp at Alta?
4) SKIING!!!!!
Second season ever and you skied The Wall! Serious icy drop off and have seen many crashes! I'm impressed!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I don’t personally know this terrain, but it sure sounds like you are making huge strides very quickly in your skiing career! This is awesome!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna