• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are your goals or what are you most looking forward to for the 2019/2020 ski season?

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The ski season is getting closer and closer every day so what are your goals? What are you most excited for? Here is my list:

Goals:
1) Ski at least 20 times.
2) Try the double diamond glades at Tremblant and become comfortable in them.
3) Keep practicing moguls so I become better at them.
4) Become more confident doing double black diamonds.

What I'm most looking forward to:
1) I changed my skis and boots recently so I am excited to have better equipment that is more suitable for my skill level.
2) I'll be heading out west to the BC interior in January for some skiing at Big White and possibly Revelstoke.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Goals:
1) Ski as much as possible w/o injury before the big ski club trip at the end of February.
2) Demo a few skis of varying widths.
3) Keep practicing moguls so I become better at them. <--this is good for me too.
4) Ski at least 20 times. <-- ditto.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Goals:

1) I want to continue practicing in bumps and trees. Seems to have been my goal for way to long without as much improvement as I’d like! I did finally feel like I was making strides last year though, so I hope I can pick up where I left off and continue forward this season..
2) Finish getting together my first AT setup and put some work in on the uphill to feel more comfortable exploring.
3) Try to gain more confidence in powder!

Looking forward to:

3) My first visit to Jackson Hole.
4) Having a seasonal rental again for the first time in a few years to be able to spend more time at the mountain with fewer really long day trips this season!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't really have any for this season for probably the first time ever. It seems I'm not going to get to do race clinic this year because of my class schedule so that's a real bummer for me as it's really the only instruction I get most years. Not sure what my season will look like other than skiing once a week locally on weekends for the most part.

Might try to make a trip up to the northeast over spring break with the hubby and his friend (if he's game to come along). Thinking maybe hit up Sugarbush, Mad River Glen (if conditions are good), then maybe pop over to Wildcat and Bretton Woods, and then wrap up skiing a day with @MissySki at Sunday River before heading home. This is also a Plan B as I missed out on Diva East by a week (spring break is the week after Diva East).

EeveeCanSki

Certified Ski Diva
My goals for this year aren't anything spectacular--first off, I'll be grateful if I get to ski more than a handful of times.

I'm a long-distance caregiver for my mom, a role I was thrown into very suddenly last year, so not only is my time very limited until that situation stabilizes, but I need to make every effort to stay injury-free.

That said, I ended last season feeling great about my parallel turns and pole plants on steeper greens and I'm just about ready for one of the marquee blue runs at one of my favorite hills (or so my instructor says, bless him for having so much confidence in me!).

Plus I'd love to get to one of our regional destination resorts--Snowshoe may be on tap for us this year, time-permitting. I'm eager to start exploring more places.

kiki

Angel Diva
Hmm,
My goals are the same as before, but this year I really have to just get out there and enjoy the experience, conquer my fear, get out of my head and conquer that mountain!
Oh yes, and I want to find fun people I enjoy to ski with and have lunch with.
I plan to ski between 30-40 days this season.

Prior year goals I’m carrying forward:
1. Be physically fit and feel strong
2. Have fun and enjoy the time out there
3. Feel comfortable on blues, feel comfortable starting out on a blue run I haven't done before, on my own
4. Take care of my body so it can keep performing

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1. Ski Red Lodge and/or Bridger Bowl for the first time
2. Do more spring backcountry skiing in April & May, which might require buying ski crampons and a whippet & learning how to use them
3. Get a summer season pass to Beartooth Basin

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1. Form/stance/balance: Whatever you call it, if I can't get out of the back seat and be more physically stable and confident this year, It's going to be pretty discouraging.

2. If I can make progress with #1, I'd like to work on skiing ungroomed snow and moguls.

3. Learn to snowboard a little. (Slightly random, but I have a snowboard and I live on a boarding-school campus with a perfect little learning hill behind my apartment. I'm thinking of just goofing around before classes, since my morning commute is a 90-second walk).

4. Try to get and stay healthy and strong.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1. Ski more
2. Learn to ski better

I've only started skiing again in the past few years- basically once I started introducing my daughter to the sport. My husband doesn't (alpine) ski, and I have a pretty busy job, and when I look back at recent years we barely make it to the slopes 5x/year. So I signed my daughter and myself up for weekly lessons this year-- now we are committed to going at least 8x and I hope more!

I'm excited to take lessons as well- I haven't had instruction since I was a kid. I'm not really sure what I need to work on-- so I can't really say specific skills other than, I can't really do moguls.

backpackingmom

Certified Ski Diva
My goals this season are:

1. Ski opening days at Big Sky and Bridger Bowl

2. Try to improve on the bumps and trees

3. Talk my husband into a new pair of Icelandic Maiden 101s haha

4. Not be so hard on myself and enjoy skiing more. I really wish I was a better skier so I am so dang hard on myself!

5. Drink more spiked hot chocolate!

backpackingmom

Certified Ski Diva
1. Ski Red Lodge and/or Bridger Bowl for the first time
2. Do more spring backcountry skiing in April & May, which might require buying ski crampons and a whippet & learning how to use them
3. Get a summer season pass to Beartooth Basin

If you ski Bridger it would be fun to meetup! I have friends that ski way better than I do and they have excellent knowledge of the Bridger terrain. I have to purchase my Bridger pass this week before early season rates jump to $900!!

mountainwest

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you ski Bridger it would be fun to meetup! I have friends that ski way better than I do and they have excellent knowledge of the Bridger terrain. I have to purchase my Bridger pass this week before early season rates jump to $900!!
I will PM you if I can make it! Right now the tentative plan is a few days mid week in early January. Did you get any of that crazy October snow?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly