• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 23/24

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting about the filming. I wouldn't have expected that with a race on today.

I was there Monday, and the soft snow on the greens were work.

I'm hoping for a few last days before they switch to weekends only. It looks like it will dip just below freezing Sunday night and Monday night. After that, who knows.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, the race and the filming didn't seem to affect each other at all. It didn't seem like there were that many racers in the grand scheme of things.
Best thing about today was how totally uncrowded it was was overall. When can you ever ski Look Mom or Ralph's and have nobody else on it??? That never happens, but it happened today!

TrixieRuby

Certified Ski Diva
it is only March 6, and I was hoping that we could get lucky, but the long term forecast is for warmth and rain. I hope to drive north in March for one more go-round!

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m at Jay/Bolton the next few days (and it’s rough up here). I may have already had my last day at Wachusett last week :( I hope I get one more day, because my last day was rough with the ice at the time.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
At Cranmore today. Definitely spring conditions here. Bluebird day though.
Hope to get a couple more days @ wachusett as I have 1 last trip to saddleback in 2 weeks & I'd rather not go 2 weeks w/o skiing.
Mt. Washington in all her glory today.
1709930667039.jpeg

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's looking like Saddleback is in the right place for the weather coming through at the end of the weekend.
I'm thinking of Monday and Tuesday for this coming week at Wawa (and driving up to Brattleboro in between to visit the kid, it's actually a quicker drive to there than home.)

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ha, that must have been what I saw filming. Funny it seemed like it might be a Hallmark type movie--I mean do any ski resorts really put garland on their chair lift buildings? I wonder what the name of the movie is--now I'm curious to see it!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They always put a huge wreath -over- the clock on the one lift. Makes it fun to try to read the clock from an angle. But I haven't seen garland. Now that we know the name of the actress we can keep an eye on IMDB to try to figure out what the title is. I'm curious to watch it now too, see if I recognize anybody in the background!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I keep getting emails from just about every hill in the region, and then some, about passes going on sale. And I keep wondering when Wachusett passes will go on sale and what their prices will be. I miss the days when Wachusett would start selling passes in the spring, along with rest-and-next passes. Now they just sell end of season passes to non-passholders and the option to upgrade a bronze to a gold. I bought my pass May 3 last year, so I'm guessing that's about when they'll go on sale this year. Honestly, with the likely short spring season this year, the end of season pass doesn't look like that good of a deal to me. If it were a rest-and-next it would be less of a gamble.

Yes, this year is not over and yet I am already looking forward to the start of the next season. That said, anyone planning on skiing this coming week?

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wachusett announced in today's snow report that closing day will be March 31st. I think I'm done... got 20 days in total, about half at Wachusett and half elsewhere. I was feeling pretty down earlier this week after a letdown weekend skiing in NVT which was followed by NVT getting 2+ feet of great snow the day after I left... now I'm trying to mentally move on to spring activities.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I keep getting emails from just about every hill in the region, and then some, about passes going on sale. And I keep wondering when Wachusett passes will go on sale and what their prices will be. I miss the days when Wachusett would start selling passes in the spring, along with rest-and-next passes. Now they just sell end of season passes to non-passholders and the option to upgrade a bronze to a gold. I bought my pass May 3 last year, so I'm guessing that's about when they'll go on sale this year. Honestly, with the likely short spring season this year, the end of season pass doesn't look like that good of a deal to me. If it were a rest-and-next it would be less of a gamble.

Yes, this year is not over and yet I am already looking forward to the start of the next season. That said, anyone planning on skiing this coming week?
I saw the Facebook post on the rest of season pass.. and kind of wondered how popular that could possibly be this year. It’s been soooooo warm in MA this week, I can’t imagine those who aren’t already passholders already will be clamoring to give them money for more warmth the next couple of weeks? Of course I have no idea how they are holding up overall.. but there are smaller places a lot further North calling it quits this weekend already sadly. Mount Abram is one of them.. but they also don’t blow a ton of snow like Wachusett does..

MissySki

Angel Diva
Wachusett announced in today's snow report that closing day will be March 31st. I think I'm done... got 20 days in total, about half at Wachusett and half elsewhere. I was feeling pretty down earlier this week after a letdown weekend skiing in NVT which was followed by NVT getting 2+ feet of great snow the day after I left... now I'm trying to mentally move on to spring activities.
Do you play golf, or have you ever thought about starting if not? I swear, I am so hooked on it now after really getting into it last summer.. and while I am not done skiing this season I am really excited for golf starting soon too. It’ll be fun for them to start overlapping soon and I even did some indoor swing lessons this winter to try and keep some progress going. This past fall I wasn’t dying to get on snow, just because I was still golfing. I mean, I wanted to get on snow asap but it didn’t suck so bad when it was kind of a slow start because I was still otherwise occupied and not spending every second looking for resort updates. While I have other offseason hobbies, I’ve never been as drawn into any of them as I am with golf.. and that was my goal, just wanted to find something that might occupy me like skiing does for the offseason. Mission accomplished! Though my wallet doesn’t love the addition of another expensive hobby per se.. lol

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don’t golf (and truthfully, have less than zero interest!) but I do hike and I’m working on the New Hampshire 4000 footers as well as the 52 with the View. There is some time after ski season ends when it’s too sloppy for me to hike in New Hampshire, but I usually start training. Time to book some mountain hut stays and hope it rains less this summer than last year!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The lower mountain really wasn't doing too badly on Monday and Tuesday. Yes, you now have to walk between lifts. And along the walkway smells a bit farmy between the mud and the straw in the mud. But still. Looking at the webcams just now though, it does look like they've lost a lot on the bottom of the greens (and saw a poor kid go head first into a slush pile while I was watching.) And the others are looking a little more greyish and brown than white, as they were early in the week.

I'll be checking the cams over the weekend and hope for at least one last day there this season. After that I'll be checking their events calendar for the annual clean up day. Nice to get a hike in, pick up a little trash, and get a free early season ticket to share with a friend.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The lower mountain really wasn't doing too badly on Monday and Tuesday. Yes, you now have to walk between lifts. And along the walkway smells a bit farmy between the mud and the straw in the mud. But still. Looking at the webcams just now though, it does look like they've lost a lot on the bottom of the greens (and saw a poor kid go head first into a slush pile while I was watching.) And the others are looking a little more greyish and brown than white, as they were early in the week.

I'll be checking the cams over the weekend and hope for at least one last day there this season. After that I'll be checking their events calendar for the annual clean up day. Nice to get a hike in, pick up a little trash, and get a free early season ticket to share with a friend.
Keep me posted if they post the clean up day.. I keep wanting to do that but it hasn’t worked with my schedule previously. Maybe this year will!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I don’t golf (and truthfully, have less than zero interest!) but I do hike and I’m working on the New Hampshire 4000 footers as well as the 52 with the View. There is some time after ski season ends when it’s too sloppy for me to hike in New Hampshire, but I usually start training. Time to book some mountain hut stays and hope it rains less this summer than last year!
Ah yeah, that’s the crappy part of the shoulder season.. but fun once it gets going! I did a winter 4000 footer some years back with friends who were starting the 48.. Moriah. Oh boy was that a doozy for me but also really fun (at least on the way down with microspikes and butt sledding haha)! The way up was a lot for an unconditioned hiker who has never done a winter summit. Thank goodness that day we only needed microspikes and not snowshoes.. I probably would have had a lot more trouble with the extra exertion of deeper snow and I’m already a very slow hiker on the way up.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
LaughAh yeah, that’s the crappy part of the shoulder season.. but fun once it gets going! I did a winter 4000 footer some years back with friends who were starting the 48.. Moriah. Oh boy was that a doozy for me but also really fun (at least on the way down with microspikes haha)!
Nice! I would love to keep hiking 4ks in the winter but don’t have enough time with skiing! :laughter:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna