• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 23/24

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I'm interested. I went yrs ago and won a pair of goggles for the longest drive - time and distance. Traffic may not be too bad this year as I think Nov. 10th is the "holiday" for 11/11. I think tickets go fast.

I may turn it into a multi-purpose trip. In my excitement and cold induced daze - I forgot to buy bindings for my new skis. Maybe I'll go a bit early and have some bindings put on.

@diymom - I'm game for a carpool.

TrixieRuby

Certified Ski Diva
Does anyone know when/how to sign up for the Women's Skiing on Thursdays at Wachusett? Missed it last year, don't want to miss it this year. Can't sign up on the website...

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I asked the at the ski show and they said they hope to have the details for this year's women's clinic by tomorrow at the Wine, Cheese, Chicks and Skis event. My friend/ neighbor did it last year and is looking forward to signing up again. If I find out more tomorrow evening I'll post it.

TrixieRuby

Certified Ski Diva
I asked the at the ski show and they said they hope to have the details for this year's women's clinic by tomorrow at the Wine, Cheese, Chicks and Skis event. My friend/ neighbor did it last year and is looking forward to signing up again. If I find out more tomorrow evening I'll post it.
any news from Wachusett about the women's clinic? Can't find anything on line.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Women's clinic info is now up, but registration is not yet open. If you haven't done the clinic before, don't pay too much attention to how they worded the level, which basically makes it sound like it is for green skiers. It really is for anyone but rank beginners.

Wachusett is also having an online sale on Cow Cards (gift card that can be used just about anywhere on the hill- cafe, shop, lessons, Bullock Lodge for cider donuts ...) through Dec 1. They are adding an extra 10% to each card over $50. So if you are thinking of doing the clinic, buy yourself a Cow Card and save a bit.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
First ski day of the season for me at Wachusett today. Not too much open yet but they are taking advantage of the cold temps and trying to get more open. I just skied 2 of the open trails today for a couple hours---Indian summer and Ralph's (skipped Conifer) to try out my new boots. Indian Summer was pretty firm but Ralphs fairly nice.
I was wondering how my new boots would be (Salomon S/Pro Alpha 110) and no major issues thus far but I will have to ski them a few more times before I decide if I need any tweaks. I think they are less stiff than my old boots which is a plus since my old ones could feel quite stiff at times depending on the temps. Much tighter fit too which of course will be good in the long run but in the short term I'm not sure if I need just a touch more space---hopefully after a few more ski days that will become clearer.

MissySki

Angel Diva
First ski day of the season for me at Wachusett today. Not too much open yet but they are taking advantage of the cold temps and trying to get more open. I just skied 2 of the open trails today for a couple hours---Indian summer and Ralph's (skipped Conifer) to try out my new boots. Indian Summer was pretty firm but Ralphs fairly nice.
I was wondering how my new boots would be (Salomon S/Pro Alpha 110) and no major issues thus far but I will have to ski them a few more times before I decide if I need any tweaks. I think they are less stiff than my old boots which is a plus since my old ones could feel quite stiff at times depending on the temps. Much tighter fit too which of course will be good in the long run but in the short term I'm not sure if I need just a touch more space---hopefully after a few more ski days that will become clearer.
My bootfitter usually has me ski 8-10 days after initial fitting to then see if anything actually needs tweaking for room. This though is outside of initial stretching/shaping for my wide forefoot, as that is a known need always for me and I wouldn’t be able to ski them without doing that first.

RipStickGirl

Diva in Training
I am new to this forum. I've been watching the Wachusett website for weather and conditions. Would love to know if anyone has skied today and what conditions are like.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna