• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Ski Diva + SkiTalk Ski Review Sharing Partnership

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
The Ski Diva and SkiTalk are excited to announce that we've entered a ski review sharing partnership starting with the '23-'24 ski season. Tricia Pugliese, who co-owns SkiTalk along with her husband Phil Pugliese, is also long-time The Ski Diva member @SnowHot.

The short version:
We're going to link prominently to SkiTalk's reviews, making it easier for members of The Ski Diva to find the information they want, and increasing the audience for SkiTalk's excellent reviews.

SkiTalk is going to include a few members of The Ski Diva on their test team, which is a very cool opportunity to get more women involved in demo days, and link back to The Ski Diva from reviews written by members of this site.

The longer version:
Many of you are no doubt already aware of SkiTalk's extensive collection of ski reviews. Tricia & Phil have been spending a great deal of time building relationships with ski brands, attending demo days, testing skis, and writing reviews with their test team for years. Their dedication to gear testing and reviewing is unmatched, and it just makes sense for The Ski Diva to lean on their expertise by sharing their reviews here.

In addition to making SkiTalk reviews accessible from The Ski Diva, SkiTalk will add several members of The Ski Diva to their ski testing team. This is a really cool opportunity for a few members of The Ski Diva community to attend industry demo days and get experience testing skis, as well as to increase women's representation at these events.

We're really excited about this partnership and hope this makes it easier for members of The Ski Diva to find the gear information they're looking for. It's also our hope that women who come across gear reviews on SkiTalk written by members of The Ski Diva will discover our community and join us here.

You can check out the corresponding discussion on SkiTalk here if you'd like.

Last edited:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If any site ever needs anyone to demo tween-sized skis... :wink:

All joking aside, though, I think this is a great idea!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hah, I 100% threw your hat in the ring for that! Sadly it sounds like demo days almost never have skis in your size. :-|
Yes, the problem I have at most demo days. lol

I'm pretty much relegated to demo shops on mountain. They'll usually have a decent size selection.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
The ultimate decision is up to Tricia & Phil, but we're reaching out to people who've posted reviews in the past and live / ski near-ish to the locations where demos are happening this winter. There's a bit of spin-up and expense to get people involved in these... details will be coming together over the next month.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very cool! Where can we apply to be ski testers..? :dance: Or has that already been determined?

The ultimate decision is up to Tricia & Phil, but we're reaching out to people who've posted reviews in the past and live / ski near-ish to the locations where demos are happening this winter. There's a bit of spin-up and expense to get people involved in these... details will be coming together over the next month.
The criteria we have for testers are (but not exclusive to)...
1.)Must be active on line (both sites) to reply when someone asks you a question
2.)Must be able to write about a ski's attributes and understand who the ski is for, whether the tester likes it for her own personal skiing or not
3.)Must be available when ski demos are available.

Note: The skier doesn't have to be an advanced or expert level skier as we know that intermediates are also looking for ski advice and a good intermediate who can describe a ski is valuable to the process.

MissySki

Angel Diva
B
The criteria we have for testers are (but not exclusive to)...
1.)Must be active on line (both sites) to reply when someone asks you a question
2.)Must be able to write about a ski's attributes and understand who the ski is for, whether the tester likes it for her own personal skiing or not
3.)Must be available when ski demos are available.

Note: The skier doesn't have to be an advanced or expert level skier as we know that intermediates are also looking for ski advice and a good intermediate who can describe a ski is valuable to the process.
Well, I’m definitely interested if I can add any value to things. :dance: Lots of great women here though, so I’m sure whoever does it will be an amazing addition!!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Pequenita think we need you as a tester.....for west coast petite skiers.
I'm flattered. Testing is a skill set I'd like to develop / refine, but I'm not sure what Tricia/Phil/Rachel are looking for, and I do run into the scarcity of skis on demo days issue. Years ago, my friends were product testing for Elan, and I couldn't join because the shortest skis in the test fleet were 165cm traditional cambered skis.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna