• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: The Perfect Skiing Breakfast?!?

Stowski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love this thread! I have low blood sugar and have found the combo of complex carbs and protein keeps me happy the longest so if we're driving it's Coffee (only one cup or I'll never make it to the mountain!) and steel cut oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon and flax before we leave, then greek yogurt with protein powder and granola mixed in when I get there. During the week I bring a PB and J and usually want to eat it by 10:30 (but I try to hold off). I always have it with milk! If we are staying at the mountain and buying breakfast, it's an egg sandwich on whole grain something with meat and a granola bar in my pocket for when/if my sugar drops on the lift.

Anna

Angel Diva
I actually think that us Divas eat better than the general population!!!

Seriously, if you read the standard/normal breakfasts we have, it's all really healthy stuff!

GO DIVAS!!!!

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Right, like we never eat cold pizza and Gummy Bears for breakfast. We just don't tell anyone when we do. :becky:

Anna

Angel Diva
hahahaheehhahea
AND the thread is "Perfect" skiing breakfast ......
ahhaheahehae

:smile::smile::smile:

SNAKES on the way home though!

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ooh, I <3 cold pizza for breakfast!! :bag:

And don't forget, when traveling on a budget, a motel hair dryer can be used to re-heat your leftover pizza in the morning. Yummmmm!

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Depends where I am, at home, at mountain, at hotel ... If I have to drive early, I usually don't eat much more than coffee and cereal or a bar at home, then I'll add something closer to start time, usually an egg sandwich or egg burrito of some sort (McDonalds, Starbucks, wherever).

My perfect ski breakfast is some sort of fruhstuck, whether you are actually in Austria or Germany or maybe at Pepi's or the Sonnenalp in Vail ... buffet of breads, cold cuts, cheese, boiled eggs, yogurt, muesli, etc etc.

Oh, Scotch eggs are good, too. We have a friend who makes these when we ski together ... sometimes I eat them early, other times I stick one in my pocket for the lift.

What are Scotch eggs?

I generally don't like American breakfasts; it takes too much time to make and eat. But if I don't eat something before I start skiing I might not eat until I go completely cold and limp from hunger. I need salt and fat and protein for active sports, so I often get a sausage muffin or biscuit from McDonalds (or Burger King, if necessary) and a big latte from Bjorn's Coffee, a drive through right before I get on the highway.

Your fruhstuck sounds like what we were fed at breakfast in northern European hostels lo those many years ago. It seemed weird at first but I took to it pretty quickly. Now that I think about it, it would take just five minutes to make a few roll-ups with flour tortillas, deli meat, cheese, and some not-too-messy condiments, which would be easy to eat in the car. Hmmm.

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gummy Bears for breakfast.

I have never eaten them that early in the day.

Did you know that you can put these in the oven, they shrink and go hard, then you can attach them to earring posts ........... but they no longer make a handy snack. This is not recommended as alternative carry method once your pockets are full.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Did you know that you can put these in the oven, they shrink and go hard, then you can attach them to earring posts ........... but they no longer make a handy snack. This is not recommended as alternative carry method once your pockets are full.

That sounds like fun! How in the world did you learn this?

TracyMcP

Certified Ski Diva
My husband makes protien shakes almost every morning. Banana, plain yogurt, honey, flax, whey protien, ground steel cut oats, pomegranate juice and berries. A couple of ice cubes. Mmmm.

If we are out of bananas, I make oatmeal and pile about a cup of fresh berries on top. I can never decide between, blueberries, blackberries or raspberries so I do all 3. We love the combination. Tons of antioxidants. This has no protien so we tuck a Lara bar in our pockets for the lift.

I am another Diva that cannot function without a cup of coffee. But I never have more once I leave the house. Just the one mug while I am getting ready. I'm so addicted that I avoid hotels that don't have a coffee maker in the room. Sad

mahgnillig

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I usually have a smoothie (banana, frozen berries, yogurt & orange juice) first thing in the morning. I take my coffee with me to the hill, and have it with a granola bar (or maybe a brownie!) at around 10. I'm a one coffee a day person too... I find it helps with my migraines as long as I have it at around the same time every day. Any more than one cup and it actually GIVES me migraines, so if I want more coffee after my one cup, it's decaf.

Marmite/Vegemite is definitely an acquired taste... my hubby tried it and hated it! He said it tasted like thickened soy sauce, lol! If you have a Cost Plus World Market nearby, they sell both so you can try them side by side. I like it on hot buttered toast... has to be white toast though it just doesn't taste the same on wheat.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have never eaten them that early in the day.

Do you know that Gummy Bears like to swim in vodka? They like to jump in the about an inch of vodka in a glass. They like to stay cool in the refrigerator for about 5 days. Tasty snack for adults. Then, the vodka tastes like gummy bears. Yum!

And as long as we are talking about multipurpose snacks...

Marshmallow Peeps.

Did you know that if you put them in the microwave for about a minute, they swell and throb to the size of a softball. Then eat them. They toast on the inside.

Oh, the things we learn on a breakfast forum.

Anna

Angel Diva
Do you know that Gummy Bears like to swim in vodka? They like to jump in the about an inch of vodka in a glass. They like to stay cool in the refrigerator for about 5 days. Tasty snack for adults. Then, the vodka tastes like gummy bears. Yum!

And as long as we are talking about multipurpose snacks...

Marshmallow Peeps.

Did you know that if you put them in the microwave for about a minute, they swell and throb to the size of a softball. Then eat them. They toast on the inside.

Oh, the things we learn on a breakfast forum.

Oh My GOD!
Combining my two of my fav things!
gummy-things and vodka = WIN!
the DH wants to try to marshmallows as well :smile:
Sounds so yum!
Bakes gummies sounds like a great FUN dress-up accessory!

THANKS Divas!

newskier378

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My all purpose energy breakfast, I eat it or something like it (sometimes bagels) anytime I'm doing something active
Whole Wheat English muffin
creamy Jif Peanut butter
sliced Banana
yum!

IceHeeler

Angel Diva
I like a granola bar and some coffee. I usually take a single serving packet of peanut butter with me so I can eat on the lift.

If I'm feeling really decadent I have a breakfast burrito, but that involves stopping somewhere and means skiing one less run.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna