• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stabilyx Women's Insulator Tights

ride_ski

Angel Diva
I've also been wearing them for many years now. I have multiple painrs of the insulated and non-insulated versions. I was also wearing them when "running" (or jogging) and they helped my knees with that activity as well.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
My daughter tore her MCL in both knees. She does complain sometimes about knee pain when we're skiing. I wonder if this would be a good purchase for her, or should we be thinking more about a brace?

Sparky

Angel Diva
My daughter tore her MCL in both knees. She does complain sometimes about knee pain when we're skiing. I wonder if this would be a good purchase for her, or should we be thinking more about a brace?
If she’s not fully recovered, I’d recommend a brace. I tore my MCL two seasons ago and I wore a brace when I skied the rest of the season. After several weeks wearing the big bulky one from the doctor, I switched to one called Bionic brace that I got from betterbraces.com. I still wore my stabilyx underneath though. My knee stil hurts sometimes when I ski (not sure if it’s from mcl or other), so at least for me the tights don’t prevent the pain.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
If she’s not fully recovered, I’d recommend a brace. I tore my MCL two seasons ago and I wore a brace when I skied the rest of the season. After several weeks wearing the big bulky one from the doctor, I switched to one called Bionic brace that I got from betterbraces.com. I still wore my stabilyx underneath though. My knee stil hurts sometimes when I ski (not sure if it’s from mcl or other), so at least for me the tights don’t prevent the pain.
That's important to know. Thank you

lisamamot

Angel Diva
When did she tear her MCLs? Was it a partial that healed on its own or a full that required surgery? Stabilyx will add support and compression to help with swelling, but throwing a brace over them wouldn’t be a bad idea if you are concerned.

Mary Brosnan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone have a source to find the 3/4 insulator to buy online? I have been looking for a pair size medium for the last couple of weeks and can't find them anywhere!

alison wong

Angel Diva
Does anyone have a source to find the 3/4 insulator to buy online? I have been looking for a pair size medium for the last couple of weeks and can't find them anywhere!
I google search with "Stabilyx Women's Insulator Tights" (this thread's title), several options show up, including Zappos, Sierra Trading Post, Amazon, eBay, to name a few.
Just pay attention to the description, there is regular (w/o insulator ) and with insulator.
The ones on eBay only sell for $39.99, significantly lower than other sites. (Not sure if they are authentic or not, just saying..... )

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I google search with "Stabilyx Women's Insulator Tights" (this thread's title), several options show up, including Zappos, Sierra Trading Post, Amazon, eBay, to name a few.
Just pay attention to the description, there is regular (w/o insulator ) and with insulator.
The ones on eBay only sell for $39.99, significantly lower than other sites. (Not sure if they are authentic or not, just saying..... )
Excellent advice. I saw an ad on eBay for Stabilix Insulator Tights a couple months ago and bought them. When they arrived I could tell they weren’t the insulated version. I contacted the seller about the error in the title but they were utterly clueless. I never did send them back, will probably sell them online since they’re new with tags and I already own the regular version. Great tights. And yes, they can be a bit of a pita putting on and getting off. Well worth the trouble!

Mary Brosnan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you. Most of the ones I found online are the full-length insulator version and I'm looking for the 3/4 length. I emailed the company that makes them and they confirmed they are no longer making the 3/4 length insulator tight. So I bought some from eBay because they were the only pair I could find online in my size that wasn't full price. Hopefully, they'll work. Can anyone who owns both the regular and insulator tight comment on if there is a big difference between the two?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Thank you. Most of the ones I found online are the full-length insulator version and I'm looking for the 3/4 length. I emailed the company that makes them and they confirmed they are no longer making the 3/4 length insulator tight. So I bought some from eBay because they were the only pair I could find online in my size that wasn't full price. Hopefully, they'll work. Can anyone who owns both the regular and insulator tight comment on if there is a big difference between the two?

I have both, the insulator is significantly thicker of a material (and even harder to get on for me) than the regular ones. I tend to wear the non insulated ones that I own more often because they are more comfortable, I probably should have sized up for the insulated in my case. I like both overall though.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I have both versions in the 3/4 length and wear the same size in both. The insulator pair are obviously thicker so seem to provide a bit more compression, but not so much that I would size up.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
When did she tear her MCLs? Was it a partial that healed on its own or a full that required surgery? Stabilyx will add support and compression to help with swelling, but throwing a brace over them wouldn’t be a bad idea if you are concerned.
One was three years ago and one tear was four years ago. Neither required surgery. I'm going to recommend a brace. Thank you!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna