• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stabilyx Women's Insulator Tights

kiki

Angel Diva
I see the manufacturer does not ship to Canada but I can find them on Amazon, though only for my size in full length. How is the material if i try to hem these to 3/4... is it likely to fray or whatever ?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I see the manufacturer does not ship to Canada but I can find them on Amazon, though only for my size in full length. How is the material if i try to hem these to 3/4... is it likely to fray or whatever ?
paging @geargrrl .

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Looking for a good price on new CW-X 3/4 medium tights. So far eBay wins at $39.99. Anyone selling some? Or have you seen them advertised for less?

Probably not insulator although I might get one pair of each.

Thanks.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking for a good price on new CW-X 3/4 medium tights. So far eBay wins at $39.99. Anyone selling some? Or have you seen them advertised for less?

Probably not insulator although I might get one pair of each.

Thanks.
Yes, that’s a good price. Unless you don’t like the color, grab them because I’ve only seen used ones for less. I have a huge ski clothing collection I’m going to try to sell very soon, and the CW-X Stabiliyx are part of what’s being sold. I’m going to be asking $47.00 (which includes shipping). Mine are also brand new with tags, 3/4 length, size medium, non-insulated, solid jet black color with green piping. These are such amazing compression capris that if they don’t sell, I won’t fret. But of course, if anyone’s interested in a brand new pair, please message me.

BuckLup

Certified Ski Diva
I know this is old thread..like really old now..but since the insulator 3/4 Stabilyx was discontinued, what else are people using? I have an old pair of these that I cherish but need a new size (hello peri-menopause and the extra pounds it gifts). I love what these do for support and recovery..keeps my legs going all day. Any other recommendations?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I know this is old thread..like really old now..but since the insulator 3/4 Stabilyx was discontinued, what else are people using? I have an old pair of these that I cherish but need a new size (hello peri-menopause and the extra pounds it gifts). I love what these do for support and recovery..keeps my legs going all day. Any other recommendations?
I don't have any suggestions. I have one pair that I cherish too - when they die, I will be so sad! You could go with the regular 3/4 Stabilyx and layer a thin wool overtop?

BuckLup

Certified Ski Diva
ok, bummer. Never thought I would get so attached to a piece of clothing but it has made a huge difference. I wear thin Patagonia's (also 3/4) over these and have been good with my pants so I guess I could try the non-insulated ones. Why oh why do they discontinue a perfect item! Will treat these with kid gloves to make them last.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I personally prefer my non-insulator CW-X 3/4 tights to my insulator.. I do wear the insulator on really cold days though. Are you opposed to the non-insulator version? It’s the same level of support I think.

altagirl

Staff member
I personally prefer my non-insulator CW-X 3/4 tights to my insulator.. I do wear the insulator on really cold days though. Are you opposed to the non-insulator version? It’s the same level of support I think.
That would be my recommendation - I have both and the non-insulators work fine too. Plus you can always add another layer on top or something and have a wider range of options for different temps.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Non-insulated! I have the Endurance Generator tights in 3/4 length and love them. That being said, I also know I like compression when I'm exercising and for recovery, and will even sleep in full length compression leggings on ski trips. I imagine some people would find that level of support uncomfortable.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I should have been more clear. I have multiple pairs of the regular weight 3/4 Stabilyx tights and wear those solo often. If I did not own the insulated pair, which I wear on super cold days, I would layer over the regular when needed. I too am sad they discontinued the insulated option - I dislike wearing two layers when one could do!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly