• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So who has new gear for 16/17?

Jilly

Staff member
I know they have an insulated version. I just haven't had the $$ to buy. I get them online from Montreal and they have clearance section. So my capris have an orange X. Doesn't really match anything, but they work.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wouldn't compression tights make you colder due to, um, compression?

My ArcTeryx Atomic hoody is amazing, but I've had it for a long time now. Not that that should really matter. :smile:

That's a real problem with Arc'Teryx clothing. It doesn't break down much with age, discolor, ANYTHING - so it's hard to justify a new one. Well, hard to justify to DH.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Same here! We'll have to have a Kenja review thread this season. I can't wait to get on them.

@GrlSkier I tried out my Kenjas today and WOW. They are fast and fun, and they require more attention than my Charismas to stay over them. I was in my new boots, too, which I couldn't get tight enough so that I had a lot of movement in my feet, which was disappointing. I need to get back to the bootfitter asap and get that figured out. I expect with everything fitting properly, the Kenjas will be even more fun.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
got a pair of RAMP Jailbird skis super cheap at the end of last season (as I believe several other Divas did, too!) and they are currently having the bindings mounted. Can't wait to try them out!

@dianakate you may want to ask the shop to check the bases; mine were dramatically concave and had to go in for a grind.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@GrlSkier I tried out my Kenjas today and WOW. They are fast and fun, and they require more attention than my Charismas to stay over them. I was in my new boots, too, which I couldn't get tight enough so that I had a lot of movement in my feet, which was disappointing. I need to get back to the bootfitter asap and get that figured out. I expect with everything fitting properly, the Kenjas will be even more fun.
Bummer! I hope your shop guarantees the fit cuz it sounds like you got them either way too big. :frown:

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where did you get your boots?

The Boot Pro in Ludlow, VT. I'm up in VT now, so I'm going to see them first thing tomorrow. They are a reputable shop that came highly recommended, so I would expect that they will stand by their fit promise. The boots literally fit like a glove when I bought them, and the custom insole feels great. But I have back-to-front sliding in my left foot and general overall looseness in both, even with buckles max tightened. I'm wearing the same socks (Smartwool PhD ultra thin) that I wore when I tried them on. It's really baffling; I can't believe the way they felt yesterday.

If the Boot Pro lets me down, I'm going to visit Dieter at Alpina and see what he can do.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I have a Hat Problem. I love hats. Knit hats more so than baseball hats, but I like those, too. But mostly knit hats. I think I have about 20 of them, collected through the years. Some are Nordic hats, for XC skiing, so they are lighter and more form-fitting; some are knit hats with stylish brims, a few have tassels, one has a pom-pom, one is a knit owl-head, complete with button eyes and felt beak, one has fuzzy earflaps like a Maine or Minnesota lumberjack would wear, and one is a bona-fide Icelandic hat made by an 85-year-old Iceland woman that I bought in the little fishing village of Grindivik. I just can't resist hats, even though I certainly don't need any more! I just bought a new Pistil hat and matching neck gaitor at my local shop just because it was so cute. With very short hair, I am prone to Helmet Head after skiing and Sweaty Head after boxing class, and depend on hats to escape ridicule following both these activities. :tongue:

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
The Boot Pro in Ludlow, VT. I'm up in VT now, so I'm going to see them first thing tomorrow. They are a reputable shop that came highly recommended, so I would expect that they will stand by their fit promise. The boots literally fit like a glove when I bought them, and the custom insole feels great. But I have back-to-front sliding in my left foot and general overall looseness in both, even with buckles max tightened. I'm wearing the same socks (Smartwool PhD ultra thin) that I wore when I tried them on. It's really baffling; I can't believe the way they felt yesterday.

If the Boot Pro lets me down, I'm going to visit Dieter at Alpina and see what he can do.
I got boots at Boot Pro that were a size too big. They felt good in the shop, but were way too big when I finally got to skiing in them. I hope Shon there can help you out! Mention our Ski Diva, Wendy Clinch, who lives there and buys her boots there, too.

Dieter would absolutely help you....he is great because he's brutally honest and pulls no punches. But Boot Pro should stand by their fitting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga