• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So who has new gear for 16/17?

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snagged 2015 volkl rtm 81s.

Tecnica mach 1 95 boots.

After skiing in a men's hi-vis receive road work jacket for 3 years, I finally bought s proper ski coat. But it's blue. I had really thought I'd end up in yellow and though in love the coat, I'm sad about not being the most visible thing on the mountain...so I bought a giro neon yellow helmet!

Oh, and new gloves.

Now. Where's my snow?

Cygnet

Certified Ski Diva
My weakness is the little things - I just love buying thermals and socks and gloves and buffs etc! But I really do NOT need any more.

So this season has started really badly. I have new boots (that's another story) - which meant I had to buy new socks didn't I - my old ones were far too thick!! And then there were the gloves - I found a pair that fitted beautifully - I couldn't let that opportunity pass me by...

Oh dear, is there hope??

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My weakness is the little things - I just love buying thermals and socks and gloves and buffs etc! But I really do NOT need any more.

So this season has started really badly. I have new boots (that's another story) - which meant I had to buy new socks didn't I - my old ones were far too thick!! And then there were the gloves - I found a pair that fitted beautifully - I couldn't let that opportunity pass me by...

Oh dear, is there hope??

I think it's worth it to be incredibly particular about socks. I always buy a bunch of the same "make and model" and only wear those. If the company stops making that model, I'll hold on as long as possible, but eventually I'll replace all of my socks at the same time.

I only like ski socks with zero padding, so there are really only a few choices, anyway.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought I only needed new pants since I haven't been able to drop those last pesky 10 lbs yet, and the old ones were due for replacement anyhow. But I have searched high and low and have found every bit of ski gear possible except... my jacket. So I am about to pull the trigger on a new one. Even if I do find my old one by some miracle between now and snow, I figure I can still keep the new one if I go for a shell and down sweater combo since my "lost" jacket is an insulated one. I found one I like at Eddie Bauer that fits, so I think that will be the one.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just picked up another pair of Oakley Prizm lenses for my Flight Deck XMs. This time, the Hi Pink, which is their lowest light lens in the Prizm series. Thanks to the Warren Miller coupons, I was able to get them $25 off at my local ski shop. Always good when you can pick up goggle lenses that are in demand for a lower price.

I now have the Prizm Rose, Prizm Jade, Prizm Hi Pink, and Hi-Yellows (which were not nearly as good as the Prizms.)I love how the Flight Deck XMs fit, so it makes sense to buy lenses for them.

I'm also getting some new Intuition liners. Probably the Luxury liner, but we'll see. I'm going to be working full-time on the hill, I'm going to need good goggles and comfortable, warm liners that perform!

vanhoskier

Angel Diva

Tecnica mach 1 95 boots.

After skiing in a men's hi-vis receive road work jacket for 3 years, I finally bought s proper ski coat. But it's blue. I had really thought I'd end up in yellow and though in love the coat, I'm sad about not being the most visible thing on the mountain...so I bought a giro neon yellow helmet!

Oh, and new gloves.

Now. Where's my snow?

I'm glad you got a neon yellow helmet to replace your road work jacket, because you rocked that road work jacket! ;-)
The RTM's will be perfect for you. And, I have the same boots as you, only 105 flex. I probably would've been just fine with the 95 flex, but I LOVE those boots, and I hope you do too!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Nothing.
(But I doubt that lasts very long.)
Well, that's where I was - until last Saturday. Figured that since I had sold 2 pairs that I could do it - got last year's (but new, unmounted) Rossi Temptation 84 in 162.

Are my ski boots new even if they're 3 years old? (trick question?) Still have tags on them. Got them new/old stock season before last. Then last season sort of didn't happen for me, so the few days I skied, I just wore the old ones. The old ones are now DONE, so it's make or break time (same brand and model, just newer year).

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Tecnica mach 1 95 boots.

Oh, and new gloves.

Now. Where's my snow?

I'm kinda gonna miss your coat....

giphy.gif

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm glad you got a neon yellow helmet to replace your road work jacket, because you rocked that road work jacket! ;-)
The RTM's will be perfect for you. And, I have the same boots as you, only 105 flex. I probably would've been just fine with the 95 flex, but I LOVE those boots, and I hope you do too!

Something tells me I won't retire that jacket completely. :smile:

Yea, it was a leap of faith. My first boots were too big, I bought Nordicas at the end of last season but I bought too fast. Ultimstely, the felt too soft. I tried on boots at a couple of different places. No one had the Mack 1s @ 95 or higher. But I knew I loved my.first tenicas, they were just too big. It was a lot of money to spend on a leap of faith. I do wonder of in should have gone 105. But my original tecnica ten.2 felt fine at 85, so.....guess I'll know for sure in a few weeks!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We'll now I'm going to wonder if I should have held out to try to find a bright yellow jacket.
My problem is my size. Ladies jackets don't fit around my girls! So it's hard to find something I like AND fits.

Maybe I'll get reflective paint and paint the back!

Nah. Love the new coat, by the way. :smile: You were just the super unique person in the men's construction reflective coat. It was "your thing." But now you have the helmet!

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nah. Love the new coat, by the way. :smile: You were just the super unique person in the men's construction reflective coat. It was "your thing." But now you have the helmet!

I KNOW! It was my thing and I embraced the uniqueness. That coast is responsible for some of the most awesome people I've ever know, noticing me and introducing themselves.

I'll find a new.look.

And you'll see it first hand!

brewski

Certified Ski Diva
New boots!

Needed new boots this season and after countless hours of boot fittings went with the new Nordica Speedmachines 105. Fit like a glove for me in a 24.5 (typically wear a 8-8.5 street shoe)

The flex feels about the same as my old Salomon 90 boots, with a slightly larger toe box.

COchick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I need some new compression tights... I have the CWX tights and I love them, but if anyone has other brands that they love I'd like to hear it. I just need backup since I end up wearing them every day and they get funky. I also need new gloves. Leaning towards the Hestra Fall Lines... Hmm what else. I'd like a new mid-layer puffy but I don't necessarily NEED one (um, jacket slut here... haha). My ArcTeryx Atomic hoody is amazing, but I've had it for a long time now. Not that that should really matter. :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna