• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So what's your quiver like NOW?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
No are they available for demo in Tahoe area? What was it about those that you liked compared to Great Joy and Samba?
The Black Crows were great no matter the conditions. Demoed in Austria and skied some groomed, some ungroomed chopped up snow, some fresh powder, some bumps, some hard pack icy spots. They were great in everything. Better than the Sambas - I guess you could say a bit easier to maneuver and lighter. It's tough to compare the Black Crows to the Great Joy other than the tip and tail is much greater in the Great Joy so more of a side cut than the Black Crow. Also the turning radius in the Great Joy is 11.4 in the 153 and 18 on the Black Crow. So the Great Joys were really quick turners. That's why I thought maybe i could have skied the 158's.
Both skis were really fun although vastly different.
Sambas from 2014 have metal and are a bit heavy. I have taken them all over Northstar in all conditions so definitely an all mountain ski....

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@luliski I haven't seen the Black Crows @ Northstar but some shops in South Lake Tahoe have them to demo. Just not sure if the Camox Birdie as that's the one I demoed in Austria.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What are black crows????

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I feel like I could have skied Charismas all these years and I sold myself a lie I couldn't (I demoed them, loved them).

Just curious... What size Charisma did you demo, @tinymoose? You are definitely a lightweight compared to me! Did you ever have a chance to demo the Volkl Chiaras, btw? A tad narrower in the waist, and not as much metal as the Charismas. ETA I think I've seen the Chiaras in a 140-something.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So is it a little more solid (for lack of a better word) feeling than the Santa Ana? The Camox Birdie, that is.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just curious... What size Charisma did you demo, @tinymoose? You are definitely a lightweight compared to me! Did you ever have a chance to demo the Volkl Chiaras, btw? A tad narrower in the waist, and not as much metal as the Charismas. ETA I think I've seen the Chiaras in a 140-something.

I think I demoed a 156 or so? If I would have bought them, I would have bought them a size down. But they were delightful. Porsche-like..

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My 21 yr old daughter ( 5'1" and 95 lbs) skis the Kenja in a 149. She rides horses, is very strong, but she refused to go any longer, and I think she made the right choice.

Hah. This is what I skied for a long time before I went softer. I'm basically your daughter's stats.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hah. This is what I skied for a long time before I went softer. I'm basically your daughter's stats.
She went from a Jr. Ski (the K2 Missy) to the Kenja. She stayed on the Jr ski until age 18! I could not convince her needed a less flimsy ski. Finally I got her to demo and she fell in love with the Kenjas. Then it took another couple of years before she agreed to get out of her old jr "race" boots that I got her when she was 14. She finally got new boots last season, and agrees that skiing' much easier now. Can you imagine skiing the Kenjas with kid's boots?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna