• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So what's your quiver like NOW?

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's quite a quiver. I'm feeling guilty because I got a new shell (on sale) but it's longer than I wanted, so I ordered a different one today. The second one was a better price, and I might like it better, but it won't arrive until after I go skiing at the beginning of next week. So now I'm thinking about keeping them both. It's always good to have a jacket to lend to friends, right?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's quite a quiver. I'm feeling guilty because I got a new shell (on sale) but it's longer than I wanted, so I ordered a different one today. The second one was a better price, and I might like it better, but it won't arrive until after I go skiing at the beginning of next week. So now I'm thinking about keeping them both. It's always good to have a jacket to lend to friends, right?

I mean, honestly? If it's not perfect for me, I don't want it. I've made that mistake too many times. I've never had to lend my jacket to a friend, either. Is there any chance you can wear something different early next week, or expedite shipping for the shorter one?

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does it fit but a longer style? If so you might actually like it more than you think after wearing it skiing. I didn't like mine at first but ended up loving it after wearing it the first time.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I prefer long jackets because they keep my waist warm and protect me from snow invasion - but some women with shorter waists hate it.

After I've shoved 50 pounds of snacks, spare lenses, ski strap, phone, sun screen, lip balm, and whatever else into my pockets, I'm not worried about the aesthetic impact of not having a defined waist from the jacket ... lol ...

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I mean, honestly? If it's not perfect for me, I don't want it. I've made that mistake too many times. I've never had to lend my jacket to a friend, either. Is there any chance you can wear something different early next week, or expedite shipping for the shorter one?
It's probably to late to expedite the shipping, and expensive. I do occasionally lend jackets to people who don't ski often and don't have good gear. But I'll probably just wear my lightly insulated jacket with pit zips open next week, and wait to compare the second jacket to the first one ordered. I need to save money for my new boots!

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I prefer long jackets because they keep my waist warm and protect me from snow invasion - but some women with shorter waists hate it.

After I've shoved 50 pounds of snacks, spare lenses, ski strap, phone, sun screen, lip balm, and whatever else into my pockets, I'm not worried about the aesthetic impact of not having a defined waist from the jacket ... lol ...
My current Patagonia jacket is just the right length and it's a little fitted, so I've gotten used to that. But yes, the stuff in the pockets bulges out anyway!

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does it fit but a longer style? If so you might actually like it more than you think after wearing it skiing. I didn't like mine at first but ended up loving it after wearing it the first time.
I think maybe it's not the length that bothers me, but the fact that it just hangs straight. It does fit, maybe a little big overall, but that's good for layering.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@volklgirl is my hero because she actually uses all of her skis...that's dedication.

Hey, I want a new clean fresh virgin pair of Lady Harts. Anywhere we can find them?
HartSki has several of their models for sale cheap.
https://www.hartskis.com/closeout.html

Also, I know a person who won some Lady Harts in a raffle and "he" probably never did anything with them. I can ask.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I've lent ski outerwear to a friend before and I will never do it again. My friends are conscientious and wash stuff before returning it....which means that the items were likely laundered improperly. :frown:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've lent ski outerwear to a friend before and I will never do it again. My friends are conscientious and wash stuff before returning it....which means that the items were likely laundered improperly. :frown:

Yikes!

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I always collect it at the end of the day, have never lent for a whole trip or anything. So no wash :smile:

newboots

Angel Diva
Is the competition still on for smallest quiver? Haha - I have zero! Still skiing my season-long rental Head Rev 70 in 149. I'm happy with them, but since I've never used anything different, that doesn't mean much. Either way, they're going back at the end of the season and I keep meaning to start demos so I have a clue for next year. The conditions are different every day - how can one tell? I guess comparing the demo skis to my skis on the same day.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@santacruz skier
Welcome to the flock! lol
Ive been enjoying the camox birdie these past few months, super fun, can drive them or ride them. I get snippets of what I enjoyed when demoing in fresh snow - as their true soft snow performance surfaces in certain spring conditions .... can't wait to get them on a few inches of fresh or deep windbuff......
:becky:

Not sure if I will ride them in July.... depends on how much crud pops up as it melts ....

Congrats on pulling the trigger !

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier
Welcome to the flock! lol
Ive been enjoying the camox birdie these past few months, super fun, can drive them or ride them. I get snippets of what I enjoyed when demoing in fresh snow - as their true soft snow performance surfaces in certain spring conditions .... can't wait to get them on a few inches of fresh or deep windbuff......
:becky:

Not sure if I will ride them in July.... depends on how much crud pops up as it melts ....

Congrats on pulling the trigger !
Can't even remember how they ski... just that they were fun, fun, fun. Also ordered the marker squire 2016 magenta/black (like I have on the sambas) for $76..
Next up, new road bike.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can't even remember how they ski... just that they were fun, fun, fun. Also ordered the marker squire 2016 magenta/black (like I have on the sambas) for $76..
Next up, new road bike.
I meant to ask about the bike... I still want Sambas, but prices have not dropped much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly