• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So what's your quiver like NOW?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Are we in the running for smallest quiver right now? :wink:

To be honest, I really only think I need two pair of skis: one for hardpack and groomers, and one for powder days/spring slush. I only have five because a friend gave me a pair and I have a pair on loan from Renoun. So of my own volition, I have three. Which really is one more than I need, but oh well. :smile:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Dynastar Eden, forgot year, 85mm, 165 (mostly retired).
2014 Nordica Wild Belle, 84mm, 162.
2014 Volkl Charisma, 79mm, 163.
2015 Rossignol Temptation 84, 84mm, 162.
2016 Head Super Joy, 75mm, 163.
2016 K2 Fulluvit, 98mm, 170.

Biggest quiver in at least 8 years.
Some overlap in the mid-widths - but I haven't been indulgent in years. :wink:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
To be honest, I really only think I need two pair of skis: one for hardpack and groomers, and one for powder days/spring slush. I only have five because a friend gave me a pair and I have a pair on loan from Renoun. So of my own volition, I have three. Which really is one more than I need, but oh well. :smile:

I think at my largest quiver I had 3? Honestly, if I wasn't doing the race clinic, I'd probably just be a quiver of one (the Yumis). I hate having to decide on a ski for the day. lol The race tune is nice, though, on icy days. :smile:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dynastar Eden, forgot year, 85mm, 165 (mostly retired).
2014 Nordica Wild Belle, 84mm, 162.
2014 Volkl Charisma, 79mm, 163.
2015 Rossignol Temptation 84, 84mm, 162.
2016 Head Super Joy, 75mm, 163.
2016 K2 Fulluvit, 98mm, 170.

Biggest quiver in at least 8 years.
Some overlap in the mid-widths - but I haven't been indulgent in years. :wink:

You getting fancy. :wink: I wish you had shorter skis, and I'd ask to try them since we're both featherweights.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I'm with you two. I have last year's Kenjas and then my old Nordica Victory, but I haven't skied them in a few years. I just can't bring myself to sell them, purely for emotional purposes. I loved those things. But then I started experimenting with longer skis.

Actually, I did ski a few runs with them this year, just because. But I really wanted to just concentrate on learning how to ski the Kenjas properly.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Note to self: any time my SO gives me a hard time about quiver envy, I must show him this thread...especially @bounceswoosh's lineup! ##jealous##

There are some ladies who make my quiver look tiny ... like @volklgirl I believe ...

You could always threaten to get into mountain biking. The price of bikes makes shopping for skis feel like buying penny candy.

Hah! So true. I expect the money I get from my used motorcycle to cover about 2/3 of the cost of my new mountain bike.

I hate having to decide on a ski for the day.

I think, from the outside, my decision about which ski to choose looks like agonizing. But from the inside, it's more like agonizing about vanilla vs chocolate vs strawberry ice cream ... they're all good, and I'm trying to decide which I will like best today.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think, from the outside, my decision about which ski to choose looks like agonizing. But from the inside, it's more like agonizing about vanilla vs chocolate vs strawberry ice cream ... they're all good, and I'm trying to decide which I will like best today.

Well, and to each their own. I'm the biggest non-morning person that ever morning-ed. Plus, I LOVE minimalism. And I'm, frankly, not rich. I've always been a big proponent of one ski or bust. Pre-Yumi it was the Kenja. If it wasn't for my far-fetched racing dream, I'd be a one ski quiver.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Look... before this gets out of hand... I'm not judging people who have more skis. I just don't and won't. It's not the norm of this forum, and that's fine. That's fine if you like more skis. I just don't have the means nor the desire to have a quiver. If I wasn't doing racing, I'd literally have one ski. Even when I've had a quiver in my past, I've generally skied one ski 99% of the time.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Nothing New:
Rock Skis 2003 Atomic C-9 160 cm
Slalom: 2008 Atomic Foxy Mama 150 cm (124/74/108)
Giant Slalom: 2010 Atomic Varioflex 157 cm (122/75/109)
All Mountain: 2009 K2 Burnin Luv 156 cm (117/70/101)
Vermont Only-All Mountain: 2013 K2 Super Burnin 160 cm (121/72/106)

Hmmm: Looking at the model years, maybe I need to start shopping!
Anyone knowledgeable who's done demos recently: What might be a more modern version of my Burning Luv/Super Burnin?

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
My quiver has changed up a lot.

Head World Cup Revels iSL 155cm. 10m turning radius on this beer-league slalom ski, but super stable even at this short (for me) length. For carving on hardpack and zipping around the multitudes that populate PA slopes on weekends. Since it's a specialized ski, I put on a race tune and live out my racing fantasy on these, LOL.

ID One FRXP 176cm. 78mm -wide lightweight freeride ski made in Japan. Mounted with my favorite bindings: Look Pivot. SUPER fun, very versatile, my now go-to ski. Makes me feel like a kid....easy in bumps, encourages me to return to my terrain park days. Not great at crud-busting, so I need a crud buster. If I didn't, I'd be perfectly happy with these as a OSQ.

Stockli Stormrider Motion 100 174 cm. 100mm all-mountain/powder ski. Mounted with Look Pivot bindings. Smooth-as-silk, supple, yet very powerful ski. Carves like a race ski when put on edge. Smears easily. Plows through crud. My weight is too high for most women-specific skis, but not for these. Easy to ski slowly and easy to smear, but when I let them run, they want to really GO. They don't like to wait. I'll have them forever. I got what I paid for in these skis, LOL.

I do have Volkl Kenjas which lately have felt planky and I finally have figured out are a bit too short for me. I'm on the fence.....fantasizing about replacing them with the Stockli Stormrider 88 in a 177 if I can afford it.

I'd love an AT setup. My boot guy is now carrying the boots/bindings. And, the prospect of earning my turns, even just at a PA resort, is attractive to me since I LOVE aerobic workouts and have always felt like skiing isn't enough exercise. But....I'd be skiing up alone while my friends ride the lift, missing out on that social aspect, and.....it's really expensive.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Look... before this gets out of hand... I'm not judging people who have more skis. I just don't and won't. It's not the norm of this forum, and that's fine. That's fine if you like more skis. I just don't have the means nor the desire to have a quiver. If I wasn't doing racing, I'd literally have one ski. Even when I've had a quiver in my past, I've generally skied one ski 99% of the time.

I think it's the norm in real life. The very name of this thread excludes committed relationships with skis ;-)

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have 3 pairs, but have only used my brand new Head Great Joys this season! There's been enough fresh snow that I haven't needed to use a purely hard pack ski. My other two skis are the Nordica Olympia Conquer, which I bought in 2012. They are great on hard pack and for going fast, but they're heavy, which is why I wanted a new ski (back problems). I also have a pair of Rossignol Saltos from 2001 sitting in my garage. Haven't used those since I got the Conquers. I'm going to try to keep the Great Joy as my OSQ, although there are other skis I'd love to own.
Have you tried the Black Crows yet?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
No I got you beat.
2011 Volkl Kenja 149 - haven't used in two years
2014 Blizzard Samba 152

Sold Rossi Saffron 7's so on the list to buy one of these:

Black Crow Camox Birdie 98
Head Great Joy 98
Nordica Santa Ana 100 -

Have demoed all three of the above and the Santa Ana is #3 on the list and the other two are tied for first place.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it's the norm in real life. The very name of this thread excludes committed relationships with skis ;-)

Well, to be fair... I was about to throw down over Volkl adding metal to the Yumis... speaking of committed relationships. I love Volkl, even if Volkl doesn't love my lightweight ass.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Current quiver of two, and both will be for sale soon:

-2016 Volkl Charisma in 156 (122-79-100, turn radius 15.2);
bought it from leftover stock brand new early this season and only skied it once
-2014 Elan Twilight 84s in 159 (128-84-110, turn radius 13); only have about 8 ski days on it

The reason I'm selling is because I've fallen love with a new ski. :love: I think I have demo envy more than actual quiver envy.

I love the idea of a OSQ although I may end up wussing out since I hate skiing on ice and super hardpack / windblown / scraped down stuff (and I'm really bad at it, hence the Charismas). They are a great ice biter. For me, they were appropriate for earlier in the season and for morning firm groomers that quickly become what feels like a downhill skating rink (although NE and Canadian Divas would laugh at my definition of "ice").

My OSQ will likely be a Head Joy since I fell in love at a demo and I'll demo more of them in Tahoe. I'm also going to get on Tricia's Renouns.

Part of me hopes that I don't like the Renouns simply because of the price. They are way more than I would want to spend for a ski. However, if they are The Magical One that will make me grin every time I get on them, make skiing feel effortless, and get me through anything, then that -- to me -- is priceless. It helps that the owner of the company also gives a 100-day money back guarantee plus interest-free financing. (Read @ski diva's Renoun review here (77 waist) in case you missed it in the OP. @SnowHot also reviewed the Renoun's big sister (90 waist) on Pugski; see it here.

Bet I am in the running with @tinymoose for the biggest non-morning person that ever morning-ed. ;-) I would love to never again have to second-guess myself in the a.m. about "which ski." I'm also an aspiring minimalist, and a budget skier. And budget everything else!

Last edited:

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I feel like I could have skied Charismas all these years and I sold myself a lie I couldn't (I demoed them, loved them).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna