• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snux - new boot cover

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Looking at it further (it's even being sold by REI I found) it looks like the strap is meant to be in your arch behind the front lug of the boot, and therefore not wear like the Bootgloves.
Wish they had something other than orange! At least 10% is earned back in dividends. If they last twice as long as DryGuy’s then that is a break even.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Wish they had something other than orange! At least 10% is earned back in dividends. If they last twice as long as DryGuy’s then that is a break even.
I just noticed they are “one size”. Wonder if they are stretchier than the ones we have.. given your very large ones today lol. The website seems to have some on sale now too.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was looking at the site earlier, the size chart starts at 24.5, so if you have a smaller boot it would likely need some modifications.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I should be able to report back on sizing in a week or so. Assuming Santa's elves eventually figured out the online ordering process. Apparently the term "adult one size" with a link to a size chart, compounded by not knowing my shoe or boot size which isn't even needed was a bit too much for a certain elf. So much for surprises under the tree :p

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Santa came through. The bright pink is pretty bright. It fits snugly on my boot. It’s hard to imagine them fitting a 30.5 which is the largest in the size chart, but mostly for the width. The Velcro at the heel is very wide and long to accommodate longer boots. I think they would still work on a 23.5. They are snug enough to see the outline of the buckles clearly. There’s a non-slip strip along the toe edges to keep everything in place. I can check fit on other sizes if anyone wants.

Attachments

• 34A8EB95-11FF-4502-ADF8-26F7E89FA483.jpeg
    34A8EB95-11FF-4502-ADF8-26F7E89FA483.jpeg
    533.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 3E1538E7-82A9-4A3E-9E2F-926A3FBE5685.jpeg
    3E1538E7-82A9-4A3E-9E2F-926A3FBE5685.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 21F6F929-54D4-47DA-945E-0EC4C84CB11B.jpeg
    21F6F929-54D4-47DA-945E-0EC4C84CB11B.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 26
  • E814E3EA-5EBB-4B61-92E2-084981E78882.jpeg
    E814E3EA-5EBB-4B61-92E2-084981E78882.jpeg
    579 KB · Views: 25

MissySki

Angel Diva
Santa came through. The bright pink is pretty bright. It fits snugly on my boot. It’s hard to imagine them fitting a 30.5 which is the largest in the size chart, but mostly for the width. The Velcro at the heel is very wide and long to accommodate longer boots. I think they would still work on a 23.5. They are snug enough to see the outline of the buckles clearly. There’s a non-slip strip along the toe edges to keep everything in place. I can check fit on other sizes if anyone wants.
Ohh I like it!

What size are your boots?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
24.5, bsl 285. I just tried it on my daughter's 23.5 bsl 276 out of curiosity. It is still snug side to side, heel snugs up easily with the velcro. There is a smidge more room at the toe on the smaller boot, I can slide a finger under, but with the grippy strip on the edges of the front of the boot cover it is not moving around. It is still close fitting enough that I don't think snow will be able to sneak under too easily. I think it fits more snugly than the boot gloves I have seen friends using. I have to say that with the way they fit with the neoprene under the arch, it is not something to take off easily to adjust buckles. You definitely need to know how you like the two bottom buckles done up before putting the covers on.

MissySki

Angel Diva
24.5, bsl 285. I just tried it on my daughter's 23.5 bsl 276 out of curiosity. It is still snug side to side, heel snugs up easily with the velcro. There is a smidge more room at the toe on the smaller boot, I can slide a finger under, but with the grippy strip on the edges of the front of the boot cover it is not moving around. It is still close fitting enough that I don't think snow will be able to sneak under too easily. I think it fits more snugly than the boot gloves I have seen friends using. I have to say that with the way they fit with the neoprene under the arch, it is not something to take off easily to adjust buckles. You definitely need to know how you like the two bottom buckles done up before putting the covers on.
Thanks for trying them out on the smaller boot and giving feedback!

They are super cute, I may need a pair!

Last edited:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I take a 22 and my bsl is 265. I think I'd have to wait til they come out with a smaller version.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, unfortunately they won’t fit your boots without modifications.. In a 3 buckle Dalbello Raya with a 267 bsl the fit is a sloppy. The issues being the width of the neoprene under the arch, and when you position the cover so the sole at the ball of foot is in place the cover rides too far up on the boot shaft.

Attachments

• 9A45850D-17D6-4E7A-B936-7EF4EA50F3F6.jpeg
    9A45850D-17D6-4E7A-B936-7EF4EA50F3F6.jpeg
    600.6 KB · Views: 9

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Which one do you have? I have 5.0 and 6.1 I wear racers boots and Zipfit. Although I have no space left for anything but socks.because of that, I can wear them just fine. But the rest of the versions, they would be way too thick.
Looking at the Lenz socks…glad to hear you like them. My boot fitter suggested the 6.1 as being effective and thin enough. Unfortunately they’re also very expensive. I’m thinking about them.

For thin socks otherwise, I like the CEP compression socks as being thin and tight enough.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Looking at the Lenz socks…glad to hear you like them. My boot fitter suggested the 6.1 as being effective and thin enough. Unfortunately they’re also very expensive. I’m thinking about them.

For thin socks otherwise, I like the CEP compression socks as being thin and tight enough.
I no longer wear any of my regular socks. My feet are always cold. I even ski with my Lenz back-up batteries, so that I can crank them up.

lovefreedomtolive

Diva in Training
Looking at it further (it's even being sold by REI I found) it looks like the strap is meant to be in your arch behind the front lug of the boot, and therefore not wear like the Bootgloves. Not sure if it might depend on the boot size as to how it fits in practice. Another question I would have is with the strap being further back, does the toe stay in place or get pushed up with snow, etc.?

I do like the full width going around the heel too. I find sometimes with Bootgloves that my toes stay warm (though I also have boot heaters adding to the front comfort) and my heels can get super cold on rare occassions. Curious if this would help keep some warmth there too or not. I like the idea of other colors besides black too.
thanks - bought them at MadHappy Pop up store in Aspen - i've tried heat patches, wool socks, boot gloves and none of them work like this - something to do with design around back of foot. Also designed to go under my ski boot. My toes - normally frozen - so for me so worth it...no cramping toes!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 9.41.35 pm.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 9.41.35 pm.png
    280.9 KB · Views: 14

MissySki

Angel Diva
thanks - bought them at MadHappy Pop up store in Aspen - i've tried heat patches, wool socks, boot gloves and none of them work like this - something to do with design around back of foot. Also designed to go under my ski boot. My toes - normally frozen - so for me so worth it...no cramping toes!
Awesome, glad you are liking them!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
24.5, bsl 285. I just tried it on my daughter's 23.5 bsl 276 out of curiosity. It is still snug side to side, heel snugs up easily with the velcro. There is a smidge more room at the toe on the smaller boot, I can slide a finger under, but with the grippy strip on the edges of the front of the boot cover it is not moving around.
Based on your description, I would be surprised if they fit up to a 30.5 as well! I have a 25.5 (295 BSL) and it sounds like I should be fine. These are on my wish list now that our 2nd pair of Dry Guys M just died.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Based on your description, I would be surprised if they fit up to a 30.5 as well! I have a 25.5 (295 BSL) and it sounds like I should be fine. These are on my wish list now that our 2nd pair of Dry Guys M just died.
Several of the colors are on sale on the Snux site.. :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
It's too bad they won't accommodate a smaller boot (22.5). The only time I get super cold feet is in Taos and I bought some boot covers - those black neoprene ones. Do you think Snux is warmer?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
It's too bad they won't accommodate a smaller boot (22.5). The only time I get super cold feet is in Taos and I bought some boot covers - those black neoprene ones. Do you think Snux is warmer?
I am not sure if they are warmer, but I am very hopeful they will last a whole lot longer. I know some people repair them when the strap fails on the Dry Guy (likely the black neoprene you mention), but I have severed the strap on 2-3 pairs and I am NOT a sewing kind of gal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga