• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snux - new boot cover

Jilly

Staff member
Like the boot glove they will still wear on that bottom strap. And like @ski diva said, a little $$. By the time I put in the exchange I'm 1/3 of the way to boot heaters...

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Like the boot glove they were still wear on that bottom strap. And like @ski diva said, a little $$. By the time I put in the exchange I'm 1/3 of the way to boot heaters...
Looking at it further (it's even being sold by REI I found) it looks like the strap is meant to be in your arch behind the front lug of the boot, and therefore not wear like the Bootgloves. Not sure if it might depend on the boot size as to how it fits in practice. Another question I would have is with the strap being further back, does the toe stay in place or get pushed up with snow, etc.?

I do like the full width going around the heel too. I find sometimes with Bootgloves that my toes stay warm (though I also have boot heaters adding to the front comfort) and my heels can get super cold on rare occassions. Curious if this would help keep some warmth there too or not. I like the idea of other colors besides black too.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to wear those boot heater. Now I only wear those heated Sox by Lenz.
I just can't wear the Lenz heated socks, they're way too bulky for me and I've got the thinnest ones, hubby bought me 2 pairs and the whole heating shebang a couple of Christmas's ago and they just sit there in their box .... anyone in NZ want to buy them ???

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I just can't wear the Lenz heated socks, they're way too bulky for me and I've got the thinnest ones, hubby bought me 2 pairs and the whole heating shebang a couple of Christmas's ago and they just sit there in their box .... anyone in NZ want to buy them ???
Which one do you have? I have 5.0 and 6.1 I wear racers boots and Zipfit. Although I have no space left for anything but socks.because of that, I can wear them just fine. But the rest of the versions, they would be way too thick.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What size and what price?

Also, I'm just saying... Seventh Wave did the neoprene boot covers for me (essentially the same style) for $79NZD and included shipping because it was the first pair they'd made - they're currently hiding out on my mum's boots as a surprise Christmas gift! I still need to talk to them about lower buckle access for my own pair which I want to get in purple.

Reactions: AJM

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Which one do you have? I have 5.0 and 6.1 I wear racers boots and Zipfit. Although I have no space left for anything but socks.because of that, I can wear them just fine. But the rest of the versions, they would be way too thick.
They're the 5.0 and still too thick for me. I dont like the thicker toe cap, I know I am super pernickity about my ski socks :laughter:

I love my old Smartwool ones (about 3 seasons old) but now they've put a thicker toe cap on the new ones so I'm on the hunt again for an alternative.

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What size and what price?

Also, I'm just saying... Seventh Wave did the neoprene boot covers for me (essentially the same style) for $79NZD and included shipping because it was the first pair they'd made - they're currently hiding out on my mum's boots as a surprise Christmas gift! I still need to talk to them about lower buckle access for my own pair which I want to get in purple.
I've just sent you a DM x

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
They're the 5.0 and still too thick for me. I dont like the thicker toe cap, I know I am super pernickity about my ski socks :laughter:

I love my old Smartwool ones (about 3 seasons old) but now they've put a thicker toe cap on the new ones so I'm on the hunt again for an alternative.
I see.... Well, it is what it is. That is how you like your socks to be! Happy hunting!

brooksnow

Angel Diva
I hate it when they change my favorite socks! It happened to me again last season. I bought what should have been the same sock, same name, same size, same colors & design. Not anywhere near the same fit. Another hand-me-down to my daughter.

elemmac

Angel Diva

Smartwool used to label their ski socks as ultralight, light, medium and maybe one more (I never went that thick).

The “zero cushion” socks are the identical to the old “ultralight” ones (except my old ultralight ones feel even thinner, due to them being 2-3 years old). The “targeted cushion” toe and heel are very close to the old “light” ones…but slightly thinner everywhere else.

They have a few others…full-cushion, race, probably a few more that I haven’t tried.

Hope this helps.

• Love

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna